Simple answer: you can't do that from the editor

Hi guys.

I am currently working on a Greenland database (yes, i know there already is one, but mine will be better ;) ) and i have encountered a few problems.

1. Greenland national team takes the place of Montenegro in the WC Quals. I guess this is because some hard scripted code limits the number of teams to 53. I thought about removing the national team, but if i untick 'FIFA full member' will it remove Greenland from all competitions, or just WC Quals?

2. Adding another country messes up european competitions. I mean I can live with only playing in Europa League (although I'm not sure that Greenland can ever have a CL team, since it would mean leaving another country without that honor), but the thing is Greenland gets 4 CL spots and all of them in Champions 3rd round. On one save it only got me the 3 EL places, but i don't know if i did anything different then. Can you please tell me if Greenland will get a place in CL and how to get rid of the 4 CL spots?

3. So i made three tiers with a total of 32 teams. I also want to make regional championships (like in Brazil). That means that the 32 teams also compete in 4 separate leagues. So i put them as other divisions. The thing is the editor automatically sets competition levels 1 to 4 to each of the 4 leagues. In the game I only get the first three. If I set Competition level as 1 to all 4 leagues, I only get one of them. Is this because the editor doesn't allow more 'secondary divisions' than divisions'? And why would that be? Do you guys have a solution for this?

Thank you very much for reading this and for helping me.

i want to open a new league. i m in 2020 in the game. for example ı want to open england league is it possible

3. So i made three tiers with a total of 32 teams. I also want to make regional championships (like in Brazil). That means that the 32 teams also compete in 4 separate leagues. So i put them as other divisions. The thing is the editor automatically sets competition levels 1 to 4 to each of the 4 leagues. In the game I only get the first three. If I set Competition level as 1 to all 4 leagues, I only get one of them. Is this because the editor doesn't allow more 'secondary divisions' than divisions'? And why would that be? Do you guys have a solution for this?

I don't believe that there's a limit like that. In FM, there are 3 divisions of the Brasileirão and 27 State Championship. I'm not sure about your other questions, sorry.

hi guys..i am wondering if you can help me..i am using a updated scottish league database and was wondering if you can edit the number of substitutes you take with you in a domestic game?..thanks guys and great work..Ryan

I don't use editor often but i was looking to add some lower German leagues and found that they are already there in the editor, but when i go into the game i cant select lower than the third league. The team i'm looking for is right there in the editor in the right league but i just need to know i can select that league in the actual game.

Is it possible to make promotion and relegation on continental league?

hi guys..i am wondering if you can help me..i am using a updated scottish league database and was wondering if you can edit the number of substitutes you take with you in a domestic game?..thanks guys and great work..Ryan

Yes, go to editor, league rules, and you'll see no of subs. Enter number and that's it. I still need to check this...

I don't use editor often but i was looking to add some lower German leagues and found that they are already there in the editor, but when i go into the game i cant select lower than the third league. The team i'm looking for is right there in the editor in the right league but i just need to know i can select that league in the actual game.

Add new league, then add divisions ( lower leagues). Add rules and that's it.

Is it possible to make promotion and relegation on continental league?

You mean to fix them ? I.E. West Ham went down, and you want to fix that ? If so, I don't know how, or it's impossible. If you want to add some more promotion/relegation spaces, search for league and fix the number ;)

Yes, go to editor, league rules, and you'll see no of subs. Enter number and that's it. I still need to check this...

Add new league, then add divisions ( lower leagues). Add rules and that's it.

You mean to fix them ? I.E. West Ham went down, and you want to fix that ? If so, I don't know how, or it's impossible. If you want to add some more promotion/relegation spaces, search for league and fix the number ;)
I mean continental league not nation league, I'm trying to make league of nations

Hi there.

My question is in setting up affiliated clubs - what does "renewable" mean? Do affiliations without this ticked have a time limit and can't be 're-newed'? Like, what would be the best option if I want the affiliation to be practically permanent?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

My question is in setting up affiliated clubs - what does "renewable" mean? Do affiliations without this ticked have a time limit and can't be 're-newed'? Like, what would be the best option if I want the affiliation to be practically permanent?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah you would want renewable to be ticked. I'm not sure if it's your team or the other club who decides if they want to renew it after the time has elapsed.

Yeah you would want renewable to be ticked. I'm not sure if it's your team or the other club who decides if they want to renew it after the time has elapsed.

i think it is both sides take a look at the deal and if the board of one doesn't feel it's working for them then they break it off. i've had it happen when i had a loan agreement feeder club and sent 2 players there then got told i wasn't using it enough to make it a viable commercial link so it got cancelled.

Really noobie question! If I create a database for an unpatched FM, could people use it who have got a patched game?

Really noobie question! If I create a database for an unpatched FM, could people use it who have got a patched game?

yeah they can aslong as it doesn't use any clubs that appear in 1 patch but not later. i can't think of any off the top of my head but i'm sure there was 1 either this year or last year in england and some in italy.

Hi guys,

I want to play my FM 2010 with this season's update: data base, kits, logos, etc.
how do i do this?

PS: my FM 2011 isnt working properly + I just love the older version better.

Last edited:
Hello everybody.

Not sure would this be better suited for technical help or here but anyways heres the problem I ecountered

Ive been playing recently with the advanced editor and it worked fine untill today i removed one column from clubs section in the editor and after i shut it down and restarted the editor I found this problem with the competition section

View attachment 173214

I cant open them or use them and Im not sure whats going on since columns that were previousely there just disappeared and I cant get them back. Sofar I have tried to reinstall FM several times and this is still hapening I also tried to replace the \editor\data\format files manually to default ones but no help.

Everything else in the editor works fine except the comps section.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas please help :)

Advanced editor isn't supported here (or really anywhere).
Ask in it's own support on the SI forums.