Nice unbeaten month, hopefully you can kick on next season and push for the playoffs!

Thanks Patrick, hopefully next year will have more of a purpose!​

May 2022

May22-z.png

7th May 2022
League One

May22-a.png

So in our own minor race for a league position we go toe to toe with Preston North End with the winner all but ensuring a spot in top end of the table. As it stands it appears that despite my best efforts to make this match actually mean something neither club saw any point of pushing themselves with nothing to play for. A one all draw saw a lifeless end to a mixed season.

May 2022
League One

May22.png

Despite slumping over the finish line we do actually fall into the top half of the table courtesy of our goal difference alone. The season has been a long one for everyone at Tranmere. With the rapid success of the last two season this has felt like a real road-block of a year.

We need to rebuild our momentum

DerbyJack I have signed up to this site purely to tell you how good I think this story is. By far and away the best I've read on here. Keep it going and hopefully you'll get that promotion next season (H)

Just wanted to post and say how much I was enjoying this story! Hope Tranmere continues to offer the contracts to eventually rival Jose!

Wow thanks very much Dgroat, that really means alot. I've really enjoyed writing it so, its great to hear someone enjoy reading it! Glad to have you on board, fingers crossed for promotion!

Thanks Gozilla! Its going to take more money then my new german board have got in total to rival Jose's money! Thanks again.

Cheers Sharpysharps, I'll do my best!

It might have been an unremarkable season for me but once again the money-making end of football was going through a shake-up.

For the second time in time years we welcome a new face to the top of the rich list.​

man1.png
man2.png
man8.png
Pep GuardiolaJose MourinhioAndre Villas-Boas
Bayern MunichChelseaTottenham
£165,000 per week£145,000 per week£93,000 per week

Joachim Low lasted just two seasons at the helm of Atletico Madrid before eventually being given the chop, whilst another Portuguese Manager burst into the top three to replace him.​

Andre Villas-Boas is back at White-Hart Lane.​

Having been runners up and winners of the Champions League for the last two seasons, Pochetino did an incredible job at Tottenham before incredibly being sacked by an apparently insane board. In their maddened state the board then turned to former failed manager Villas-Boas to continue their remarkable rise.

...Good Luck Andre.​

For the ever present Guardiola and Mourinhio it was a season to forget. Mourinhio may have scooped up the League Cup but managed to finish runner up in not just the Premier League but also the Champions League with a loss to rivals Tottenham rubbing salt into the wound. For Pep however things where much worse. Not a single trophy won, the stars leaving in their droves and even dropping to third in the Bundesliga.​

How he remains at the top of the earnings is beyond me but one things for sure...​

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Tranmere Rovers
£1,700 per week

....I'm slowly catching him up​

Another year and another pay-rise.​

Despite having a season that will soon be forgotten following our mid-table finish it seems my managerial standing has never been higher. Apparently if you can cut it in the cut throat world that is League One, you've finally proved your worth and the end of season inbox certainly proved it...​

2122-c.png

2122-e.png

2122-a.png

2122-b.png

2122-d.png

...Even Premier League clubs have started to show an interest in me!​

All be it the relegated ones.​

With League One's Swindon and Luton starting the frenzy it didn't take long for three fallen giants to remarkably offer me a potential job. Leicester, Sunderland and Villa have all fallen from the top flight and seem desperate for any from of gamble to take them back there.​

Apparently a hapless young manager with only one promotion, an emphatic relegation and five seasons of utter disappointment is the answer to their prayers.​

Well this certainly got interesting.

Last edited:
If I had a choice, I'd love for you to hit Villa or Leicester, seems like a nice platform for you to work from!

If I may make a bet staking an imaginary cookie, Guardiola will retire just the month before you get the raise that would put you ahead of him.

My two favorite's too Godfish. I like both clubs definitely feel like I can build something with either of them.

If he does DeathBall this will change from a football managing mercenary play-through to an actual Mercenary contract. I will hunt him down..personally.​

With a host of clubs apparently clambering for my signature, the club now established in the middle of League One and my wages growing steadily year by year, its safe to say its not been a bad season for The Managing Mercenary and before we can even get started into the next one, it got a whole lot better...​
2122-x.png

...well actually to be completely honest it started off like this.

The Black Cats saw the light, calming their boards nerves, keeping a level head and instead of signing an untested maverick opted to bring in former Motherwell and Villa manager, Remi Garde.

The North East might have seen sense but apparently the rest of England hasn't caught up...​
2122-y.png

2122-v.png

2122-w.png

Well that's a turn up for the books.

League One's Luton and Swindon both offer me over double what I'm currently earning with Tranmere for another spell in the same division but before I can even think about snapping up their welcome offers in come the big boys.

Aston Villa, fallen giants from the Premier League have offered me, a manager with only a third place in League Two to his name, a job with quadruple the wage and a place in the Championship but as it turns out, even that wasn't what eventually snatched me away from the comfort of Tranmere...​
2122-z.png

I'm off back to the East Midlands and the Fallen Foxes, Leicester City.

With the Contract signed, Tranmere paid off handsomely and a taxi already on its way through Merseyside its time to take a very brief look back at what I managed to achieve in Tranmere that eventually attracted the might of Leicester.​

Tranmere.png

Rovers came in with me seemingly set for a spell on the sidelines. Having guided Northampton to relegation, I was soon sacked and my career seemed all but over.

In stepped Tranmere, at the time just one position higher then my former club but it didn't take long for all that to soon be forgotten...​

2018/19 Season
League Two
TranEnd1919.png

May19.png

In usual fashion things started predictably awful before we pulled off one of the most impressive turn-arounds imaginable to salvage our football league status on the final day of the season. It was an incredible piece of good fortune and our luck wasn't set to run out there.​

2019/20 Season
League Two
TranEnd1920.png

May20.png

From third bottom, to third top.

My Second season in Tranmere is one that will live long in the memory and certainly won't be forgotten anytime soon. Mainly because it's the only thing I've actually achieved in almost a decade of football. With that we where off to League One. A step closer to the big money.​

2020/21 Season
League One
Tran2021end.png

May20_1.png

Our debut season in League One was all set to a humiliating experience but with lady luck still apparently wearing a Tranmere shirt we soon found ourselves back in the promotion race. In the end our unexpected high flying came to an abrupt end as we lost in the playoffs to Blackpool but non the less, we certainly made a big impact in our new division.​

2021/22 Season
League One
Tran2122end.png

May22.png

My final season at the helm of Tranmere might have been the most boring but it certainly went a long way to prove that our success in the honeymoon period in League One was set to last. We established ourselves as a reputable side in the division and where all set to build on our new found standing.

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to miss it here.

With my three previous clubs all ending in what can only really be described as a disaster, it was a welcome surprise to see me finally shoot up the standings.

Non the less, I'm a mercenary. No room for sentiment!

I've got money to earn!​

Last edited:
It sure is Gozilla, certainly wasn't expecting it!

Nor did I Death Ball! Its a minor miracle!

Its the end of the season and also my time in Tranmere, League One and the bottom of the earner lists.

Not a bad way to get a new one started...

Leicester.png

From the heart of Liverpool to the center of the country.

Having said my goodbyes to the Tranmere staff that served me so well I make my way down to Leicester eager to emulate what the likes of Ranieri and O'Neill have managed to achieve at the illustrious club.

Leic-Con.png

Big Time.

Leicester City blew the budget to bring me in. A whopping Nine Thousand, Seven hundred and Fifty pounds now makes its way into my wallet every week. Thats nearly six times more then what I was previously earning!

Having struggled to realise just what has happened and after checking multiple times that the board where firstly not insane but also sure they had the right man I set about taking a look at just what I had my hands on at Leicester.

Leic-Fix.png

Leic-Table.png

Does this count as having managed a Premier League club?

The Foxes have become some what of a Yo-yo club, lasting just two seasons in the Premier League since the start of my career and making an immediate return to the Championship this season following a fourteen game winless streak towards the business end of the year.

With the club now gearing up for life in the Championship, its hard to get a true bearing on just what to expect. For now I'm going to enjoy the bizarre fact that I now find myself at the helm of an English footballing giant, having only just started to pick up some minor success in the lower rungs of the leagues.

I think this might live up to the saying more "Money then sense".

Time to make the most of my good fortune.

Leicester.png

As mentioned above the Foxes are now gearing up for another run in the Championship.

Time to see who will be getting ready to take Leicester back into the promised land...

Leic-Squad.png

...or more to the point who will be leaving the club at the next opportunity.

The club are swimming with the exact quality of player you would probably expect to be fighting at the bottom end of the player but non the less they seem determined that they deserve to be back among the top tiers best as a host of transfer requests land on my desk before I've even had time to introduce myself.

Non the less the club certainly has some talent, time to look at two of the best.

Leic-Star1.png

One of the most under-rated defenders in England, Shawcross might be more known for that horror challenge on Aaron Ramsey but non the less the former Stoke captain has carved out an impressive career in the Premier League with his no-nonsense defending and crucial role in making Stoke a former Premier League force. At Thirty Four however he too see's himself back in the Premier League. Transfer request was one of the first in my hands...Nice to meet you too Ryan.

Leic-Star2.png

Once billed as the Serbian Zlatan, its fair to say Mitrovic hasn't exactly matched up to Ibra's levels. Having scored just fourteen goals in a three year career at Newcastle the controversial striker found himself soon on the way to a then Championship, Leicester. A rebirth in the the second tier soon followed but it seems the dominant big-man isn't keen to repeat the feat. Another transfer request to be dealt with.

So yeah...Pretty much everyone wants to leave.

Brace yourselves for a transfer window and a half. The King Power Stadium is going to need a revolving door this season.

Last edited:
Exciting that Chris Wood is there, a solid New Zealand striker. Hope he gets at least some game time. Jack Robinson is a handy player too, but getting old. Speaking of, you have quite an older squad there, get some young regens in

Definitely an ageing squad, hopefully that young keeper can develop well. An overhaul may not be such a bad thing for you though

I actually really like Chris Wood, seen him a few times in real-life and he's always put a shift in. I'm planning on keeping him around. I'm planning on it! Thanks Gozilla!

It sure is Patrick, I have a lot of hopes pinned on his shoulders for the coming season. Always like a good spending spree!

Leicester.png

The Premier League might have chucked Leicester City out for the third time in a decade but the league has certainly been worthwhile for the board.

What they lack in good common sense, they certainly make up for in money, giving me nearly thirty million to spend in the window. Before I can set about using that gigantic budget however theirs some more pressing matters to attend to...

Tran22OUT.png

The Floodgates are well and truly open.

Leicester saw the departures of more foreign nationals then Heathrow as a host of stars opted to either cut lose their contracts or place transfer requests in before I even had a chance to see them touch a ball.

With a grueling and all important season ahead I have no room for players who don't want to fight for the team, as I quickly list a number of want-away stars. The main departures of note saw, Serbian hit-man, Aleksandar Mitrovic jump at a quick return to the top flight with recently promoted Leeds, whilst stalwart defender Ryan Shawcross opted to head for a Spanish retirement with Real Sociedad.

With essentially an entire first-team leaving the team I have plenty of work to do in the window.

Tran22IN.png

Tran22-a.png

Cost: £5 million

Despite having spent no more then 400,000 in a window before when the money was placed infront of me I wasted little time on spending it, splashing the cash in Monaco to land Swedish starlet, Peter Sevnsson. The young midfielder had a bright future ahead of him, with a leading role in the middle of a top flight side all but set in stone. Having grown frustrated at the lack of playing time in France, the Swede is predicted to make a massive impact in the Championship

Tran22-b.png

Cost: £4.5 million

Keeping to an apparent Scandinavian theme, the next arrival is Norwegian defender, Erik Bjerke. At just Twenty-Three years old the center-back already had an incredible Thirty caps for the Norway International side and with his incredible physical attributes and age defying mental abilities he is set to remain at the forefront of the international scene for a while to come.

Tran22-c.png

Cost: £750k

An absolute steal at under a million pounds. Gribbin has been caste a-side by the Red-Devils but the promising English midfielder is destined for a career in the big time. With the ability to dictate an entire game from the midfield, the player once likened to the legendary Gazza is a superb signing for the Foxes. A career defining season could soon have him on the way to fulfilling his lofty potential.

Tran22-d.png

Cost: £2 million

A former Ram joined the Foxes as George Thorne adds some experience to the line-up. A solid career in the top-flight has established Thorne as one of the most dependable holding midfielders in the Country. With the eye to pick a pass across the entire field, The one-cap wonder is sure to pull the strings from the middle of the field.

Tran22-e.png

Cost: £5 million

Once again I pull the trigger on a big money signing as I snap up Benfica's want-away prodigy, Wellington Paulista. The Brazilian is an going to absolutely destroy the defenders in this league able to rapidly dribble his way into the oppositions box with ease. He might not be a lethal finishing striker but with our influential wingers, Paulista is going to make an impact regardless. One to watch.

Tran22-f.png

Cost: £3.9 million

Unleash the Dragun! We snap up the Argentinian for a bargain prize of just under four million. He might not be the most bruising right back in the Championship by any means but with a blistering turn of pace and the determination to work his way down the flank of any team, it's going to be interesting to see if the former PSG man can make a difference in the brutal world that is English football. Fingers Crossed.

Tran22-g.png

Cost: £3.1 million

From the French champions to the Italians as I sneak it to bring Left winger, Flicioli to the King Power Stadium. The Italian has struggled to make an impact with the Old Lady but will be more then willing to put a shift in for the Foxes to salvage his career. Another relatively nippy player should make the entire team a handful across the field.

Tran22-h.png

Cost: £400k

Despite clearing losing his hair at the tender age of just Twenty One, Amrani is going to attract attention for all the right reasons in the future. He might not be set for a starting role this season but with a near eye for a pass and the work-rate to rival and Championship midfield work-horse he could make a vital impact from the bench.

Tran22-i.png

Cost: £5.25 million

The final signing of a busy window is the most expensive one to date. With the defence being a glaring weak-spot following the departure of Ryan Shawcross. At just Twenty-One years old the Serbian defender is one for the future. The transfer-fee might be somewhat of a gamble but he already looks set to match up to the combative nature of this league that could more then make up for the cost.

Money! Loadsa Money!

I spent the green-stuff like it was going out of fashion as I used the clubs fortunes to essential buy me a team that should be able to walk their way to the title and beyond.

The turn-around in my fortunes has been incredible.

One season ago I was making big money signings that didn't even match up to these players wages. It's a Crazy Game

Last edited:
Paulista should get goals, hes' got two heads.

Enjoying the story. Having a good first half of the season should increase your profile for better offers.

I sure think so too Gozilla, this boy has a huge future ahead of him.

Indeed! Is that genuinley why his profile picture looks so bizarre?

Hoipefully Captive, still trying to work our just how I landed myself a role with the Foxes in the first place though!

Sorry for the lack of activity, been working some long shifts but I've still been playing!

Preseason
2022/23

Pre22-z.png

9th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-a.png

With one of the most testing seasons ahead of me, I get the warm-up under-way with a disappointing loss to German side, Burghausen. With none of my new signings yet within the team and a squad full of demoralised players the result was hardly surprising.

11th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-b.png

New Zealand striker, Chris Wood makes the first impression from the remaining players as he scores the only goal of a worryingly hard game against feeder club, Stevenage. This pre-season isn't exactly getting off to the best of starts.

14th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-c.png

Another game and another disappointment. German minnows, Jena kick off our miniature tour of their home country with a draw. A sloppy defensive display resulted in a sloppy penalty. We did managed to fight back with an instant reply courtesy of Youth striker Aidan Cobb but confidence still seems to be rock bottom at this time.

16th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-d.png

Fortuna Koln give us a run out this time but that was exactly what this game became. With neither side able to pull together any kind of attacking movement, the game resulted in a lifeless ninety minutes of football with the only benefit being the club building their pre-season fitness.

19th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-e.png

With just two games remaining we finally show what the club is capable of with a three goal demolition against Offenbach, Atleast we can now leave Germany with some dignity. Austrian winger, Weimann certainly made the most of the opportunity scoring and setting up a goal in the first half to put his name forward for a starting spot in the coming season.

30th July 2022
Friendly

Pre22-f.png

We round off the Pre-season with our most impressive performance of the period. Weimann once again finds the back of the net in rapid, whilst Wellington Paulista first appearance in a Leicester shirt certainly gave the fans something to look forward to, as the young Brazilian smashes home an impressive brace.

A sloppy pre-season to say the least but certainly some signs that we can make a fight of it this season.

With the Championship awaiting, its time to show I can pull my weight in Englands second tier.