Great to see this series back again. Good luck with Milton Keynes!

Great work on getting the MK Dons job mate!

Thanks alot Naterr!

Wow ratmsm, way to make me look completley average. And here I was thinking I might actually be on course to finish this challenge! Great progress, hope the rest of your career goes just as well in the Bundesliga! I had a great time with FC Koln last season, grew a bit of a soft spot for them from it as well.

Cheers Dan, makes a change to be going in the right direction!

Thanks very much Stuart!

I hope it will prove to be Neavie, thanks again!

Appreciate it Zanz, I think I might need it this time around.

Thanks as always Seano!​

Grimsby.png

Cheerio League Two!

With the Mariners in the midst of a transformation into a League Two Powerhouse, I take a quick shortcut into the paradise that is League One.

With my bags packed and my cross-country cab ready and waiting there is just enough time to take a look back at just what we managed to achieve in a season and a half in scenic Lincolnshire...

2018/19
League Two
1819.png

May19.png

My time in lovely Grimsby started off ensuring that I didn't make an immediate return to non-league football. Thankfully the shockingly bad form of Aldershot and Eastleigh ensured a more relaxed end to the season as a promising end to the season at least gave some sign that we might have more in our pocket then a Twenty First place finish...

2019/20
League Two

1920.png

May20_1.png

...And the boys didn't disappoint. With just a handful of signings and a brief dabbling in the tactics, the Mariners suddenly transformed into promotion contenders bludgeoning their way to a fourth place finish as they narrowly miss out on automatic promotion and are sent packing in an end to end Semi-Final. Instant transformation.

2020/21
League Two

2021.png

Dec20.png

Looking to ensure our lofty finish last season was not just a minor blessing from the footballing gods, we set out into my final season with the Mariners keen to continue our League One promotion push. With my time being cut short just before the mid-way point of the season, it seems the boys are well on their way to proving their worth in the basement of English football.

With a Play-off spot in their reach, the squad proving to be more then capable of matching last seasons achievements and belief flooding through Blundell Park, I leave the East Coast club poised and ready to join me in the wonderland that is League One.

Despite somehow proving to be a relative success with the Mariners, it has not just been a one-way deal, after a slow start I have finally completed all my National Coaching badges courtesy of a generous Grimsby board.

Having arrived in Grimsby slightly apprehensive of my luxurious surroundings it has turned out to be a beautiful arrangement.

So Long, and thanks for all the fish!

Jack if you don't sign Connor you will go down in my estimation hahaha! congrats on the MK job on wards and upwards!

I'm not going to sugar coat it Wanderer, Connor is apparently not even close to making it at a higher level then League Two. Thanks again!

I'm on a roll!

With my coaching badges framed and mounted on the wall and my reputation quickly ranking up, I head into League One full of undeserved confidence and with a brand new cocky swagger.

Having transformed Grimsby from bottom to top, it's time to keep the ball rolling in the rough and tumble of League One.

MKD.png

From the East Coast to the concrete paradise that is Milton Keynes. Glorious.

Given my previous job in the luxurious beach resort that is Grimsby, the 1960's town in the heart of Buckinghamshire is actually somewhat of an improvement...of sorts.

Time to bless England's most controversial football club with my new founds talents...

MKD-Con1.png

From just over One grand a week to a whopping Three and a half thousand.

My wallet is ready.

With the board rewarding my League Two exploits with a huge pay raise and even a two year contract, it seems I am set to get stuck into life in the footballing no-mans land that is League One in style but before I do, it's time to see just what I'm going to have to achieve to keep my new found earnings rolling in...

MKD-Fixtures.png

MKD-Table.png

From the playoffs of League Two to the middle of League One. With the previous manager seemingly turning the club into a solid mid-table side it suddenly dawns on me just what is expected of me at the helm of the Dons. The board clearly has huge aims for this club. Mid-table just isn't enough. It's time to gear up for the frantic race into the Championship.

With over half of the season remaining and the club actually in the midst of a decent run of form, I'm going to need to get up to the pace of a seemingly wide-open League in quick time.

There's no time to waste!

I assume the previous MK Dons manager was sacked for mid-table mediocrity on the back of three wins out of the last four league matches, plus progressing in two cup competitions. Not a bad run of form over the last six matches.

It's a tough gig this football manager lark...

Good luck, DerbyJack.

In all honestly I thought he must have left for another role but he was genuinely sacked. It turned out no matter what you do if you lose 3-0 to Burton its game over...Cheers Stuart!

MKD.png

With half a season to mount a reasonable challenge for the play-offs, I'm going to need every man to rise to the occasion.

With a January transfer window looming, there's just enough time to evaluate the Dons first team before I work my magic to turn this languishing mid-table team into a Championship bound squad on a one way trip to glory...or something close at least...

MKD-Squad.png

Once again I arrive into a squad painfully lacking in central midfielders.

Despite the gaping hole in the middle of the field, it is not hard to see why the board expects big things of this team.

This squad is looking solid.

With a packed out defence led by some exciting young players and one of Southampton's finest youth prospects, the back line looks to be set for a solid future for many years to come, whilst a wealth of attacking players gives us numerous options going forwards led by one of England's brightest striker prospects.

MKD-Star2.png

Paul Hume, rumoured by the press to be the next Micheal Owen... In hindsight that's not entirely a good thing. With the media predicting him to peak before he reaches the age of Twenty and spend the rest of his career on the sidelines, its time to milk him for all hes worth before it's too late! In all seriousness at just eighteen, Hume is an absolute wonderkid. Sharp shooting, rapid pace and the mental attributes of a lionhearted finisher. It's time for Hume and his forehead to take center-stage.

MKD-Star1.png

Snapped up from the depths of Manchester United, Ro-Shaun Williams might not have made an appearance for the Red Devils but the central defender with the physical attributes of a brick ****-house on wheels has already made a solid start to his career in Milton Keynes. With the Twenty Two year old set for a long future at the subtly named Stadium:MK, we've got plenty to be positive about at the back.

With a strong squad at my disposal, a league awaiting my debut and the entirety of Milton Keynes desperately googling my name, I'm ready to get stuck into League One

Last edited:

Thanks Zinedine, It's the only description that truly fits!

December 2020

Dec20-z1.png

19th December 2020
League One
Dec20-a1.png

First start in Stadium:MK and the boys welcome me in style. As I quickly put in place the 4-2-3-1 formation that has proved so successful in my previous two roles, the squad instantly blends with the attack minded tactics running Colchester ragged in a dominant first-half that saw future star Paul Hume ****** a brace and kick my Milton Keynes career off in style.

26th December 2020
League One

Dec20-b1.png

The honeymoon period looks set to last as I ****** a narrow victory over Exeter with a goal just three minutes from time breaking the deadlock and rewarding the club with my second win in a row and the clubs fifth in a row overall. It seems I have arrived at the best possible time.

28th December 2020
League One

Dec20-c1.png

The year ends in dramatic fashion but more importantly with another three points. My perfect start with The Dons very nearly came to an end against a battling Bristol Rovers but a midfield masterclass and a sensational free-kick from Southampton loanee, Tom Vokes was just enough to keep The Gas at bay until the final whistle.

December 2020
League One

Dec20-1.png

Just three games into my career in Buckinghamshire and the club has immediately shot up from the obscurity of mid-table to the edges of the play-offs. I would love to say that this was entirely down to my inspired arrival but truth be told the League is just incredibly tight right now. With half a season to go things remain wide-open.

Brilliant start to your tenure in Milton Keynes. Hopefully you can keep it up.

A weird sacking situation but a bargain its benefitted you and what a start to the reign!

Cheers Worthy! Here's hoping!

Indeed it was never expected to land a job with a League One side this high up the table. Not complaining though! Thanks Dan!

MKD.png

Having sat back whilst the Don's rose to the top of the table, it's time I probably did something about proving that any promotion attempt the club makes actually involves some of my hard-work.

JanTran21-OUT.png

Before I can look at building upon the squads already strong foundations, there's the departure of Cameron Dummigan to deal with.

The promising Northern Irish right-back will leave a huge gap in our previously rigid back-line but with the transfer already arranged before I had even arrived at the club, there's not a lot I can do as Championship side, Brighton ****** away the Twenty Four year old with just a one million pound bid.

With the disappointing departure behind us I quickly made my moves to strengthen the team.

JanTran21-IN.png

JanTran21-a.png

Cost: £500k​

First thing that I quickly learnt about MK Dons in the transfer window is that this League One club is actually flooded with money. I waste little time in splashing some of the six million pound budget as I snap up the Red Devils talented young midfielder Seb Rowan to add some depth and potential to a weak central midfield.

JanTran21-b.png

Cost: £275k

Continuing my ever present trend of snapping up young talent, I keep my eyes in the youth clubs of the Premier League to sign up Adam May from former champions, Leicester City. The young left winger will add some true flair to our flanks, with the physical attributes that should keep him regularly causing problems for League One's full backs.

JanTran21-c.png

Cost: £175k

Final signing of the window has me make the moves to bring in Iraqi midfielder, Yaser Kasim. The Thirty Year old has forged out a solid career throughout the lower rungs of the English Leagues and his undoubted experience and solid all round ability should see him make an instant impact in the middle of the Dons midfield.

Three signings, one departure and a rather alarming hole left in the back line.

I'm not sure I've entirely strengthened the squad but non the less at the minute I seem to have a Midas touch.

Time to see if my football blessings continue into the new year!

January 2021

Jan21-z.png

2nd January 2021
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FAC21-a.png

The new year starts off with a whimper as we are immediately knocked out of the FA Cup by Championship strugglers, Sheffield Wednesday. The Owls might be wallowing in the depths of the Championship but they certainly proved the difference in class between the two teams as they snatched a narrow victory to book their place in the next round.

6th January 2021
League One

Jan21-a.png

The League also splutters into life for 2021 as we condemn ourselves to defeat within just Twenty minutes of the game as an own goal and a red card gift promotion chasing Luton Town with another three points to their impressive tally. With just half a season remaining this kind of performances doesn't exactly bode well for our own promotion chances...

9th January 2021
League One

Jan21-b.png

...This on the other hand will do the trick. Another sensational free-kick from our Southampton loanee Tom Vokes got things off to a sensational start with the ever improving Paul Humes netting another for his young career to put us back into contention for the playoffs and put the previous result well behind us.

13th January 2021
EFL Trophy South - 3rd Round

CT20-a1.png

The Dons cruised through their group to this stage and despite not entirely having any real desire about claiming anything from this competition, the boys still ensure they would be present in the final few stages of the competition as they narrowly cruise past a spirited Oxford side with young starlets Hume and Chapman working their magic.

16th January 2021
League One

Jan21-c.png

...Well that hurts. Portsmouth are lost in the bottom half of the table but certainly didn't look like a side fighting to avoid being dragged into the relegation dog-fight as they absolutely demolish their way to a comfortable four goal victory with their inspired striker, Ashley Fletcher showcasing his talents with a sensational hat-trick. Hume, take note.

23rd January 2021
League One

Jan21-d.png

Thankfully the humiliating result in the previous game failed to damped the teams spirits as they come back from behind to ****** the victory late into the game against Peterborough. The Posh frustrated us with some clinical defending in the first-half but yet another converted Vokes set piece and a late Hume pile-driver finally broke through to scoop up all three points.

26th January 2021
EFL Trophy South - Quarter Final

CT20-b1.png

With the form being decidedly dodgy the boys finally lay down the law as they destroy Dagenham and Redbridge with a five goal whitewash. The increasingly brilliant Paul Hume led the charge with a solid brace whilst the rest of the midfield behind him took their opportunity to get on the score-sheet as we strolled into the semis in style!

30th January 2021
League One

Jan21-e.png

We round off a strange month of football with another convincing victory over Southend as we make it nine goals in two games to restore not only some pride but our chances of getting something from what is potentially shaping up to an impressive season for the Dons as Hume bags another brace and the Young Player of the Month trophy to go with it.

January 2021
League One

Jan21.png

Despite some rather hap-hazard football the boys battling has seen them push on yet further as they slide their way into the Playoff positions as we barrel towards the business end of the season. With Hume in fine form, the midfield showcasing their collective talents on occasion and the defence battling to keep up with the rampant pace its going to be a true race to try and claim something from my first season with the Dons.

A good month for you, and what seems to be some good signings as well. Hopefully that RB gap wont be too much of an issue. Good luck for next month!

Superb month especially keeping strong in the league with the efl trophy progression!

Thanks Zanz. I've got just about enough cover in there to survive the season bar any horrific injuries!

Cheers Dan, would be nice to grab an early trophy!

February 2021

Feb21-z.png

6th February 2021
League One

Feb21-a.png

With the club finding itself rapidly shooting into the Play-Off spots, I am soon given a wake-up call as we are humbled by Bradford. The Bantams proved to be more then capable of keeping my seemingly free-scoring Dons at bay with only a late fight-back giving us a glimmer of hope but it proved to be too little, too late.

13th February 2021
League One

Feb21-b.png

The wake up cool soon becomes a rather rude awakening as we are left frustrated by Walsall. A goal late into the first half saw the Swallows ****** the lead and they bitterly clung on to their slender advantage till the final whistle as they leave Stadium:MK with all the spoils and send us straight out of the play-off spots already...

17th February 2021
League One

Feb21-c.png

Thankfully the rot comes to a quick end as we return to winning ways over a sorry looking Wigan. A four minute demolition job just before the break put The Dons well and truly in control and saw us cruise to the end of the match clutching on to our one-goal lead with grim determination as we look to restart our late bid for promotion.

20th February 2021
League One

Feb21-d.png

Fellow play-off chasers Bolton arrived at Stadium:MK and looked set to quickly end our rejuvenated push for the Championship with a two footed challenge, a straight red-card and a well converted free-kick routine seemingly putting the Trotters well in control. Fortunately Granger's right-foot restored some pride in front of the home crowd as we battled our way to a hard earned point.

24th February 2021
EFL Trophy South - Semi Final

CT20-c1.png

With our League standing looking rather fragile of late, the boys wobbly form carries over into the latter stages of the Checkatrade Trophy as we are sent packing by fellow League One side, Exeter. Our opposition are struggling in the lower rungs of the League but a quick opening saw them book their place in the final and end my hopes of some long awaited silverware.

27th February 2021
League One

Feb21-e.png

With our disappointing cup exit, a dubious looking play-off push and the defence looking decidedly fragile the boys tear up the form book to absolutely destroy fellow promotion chasers, Millwall. A five goal annihilation from the incredibly talented Paul Hume led the way, with the rest of the team matching up to his impressive standard to secure an earth-shattering victory.

February 2021
League One

Feb21.png

On the back of our heroic efforts over Millwall we leap frog The Lions, clinging on to our playoff position on goal difference alone. With just a handful of games remaining the race to the end of the season is going to be intense. If we can nail down some real form, we are more then capable of causing an upset or two. The dream is alive!

March 2021

Mar21-z.png

3rd March 2021
League One

Mar21-a.png

On the back of our seven goal trouncing of Millwall, we make it ten goals in two games as we once again pull out all the stops to see of Sheffield United. The Blades are certainly not a side to be taken lightly but another Paul Hume masterclass and a late goal from January arrival May was more then enough to keep the former Premier League side at bay with ease.

6th March 2021
League One

Mar21-b.png

The rapid pace of the games begins to catch up with the squads legs as they struggle their way to a draw against a determined Swindon side. The Robins deservedly took the lead following a dominant spell either side of the whistle but a late red card served as rallying point for the Dons as they battled back to share the points courtesy of Kasim's second for the club.

13th March 2021
League One

Mar21-c.png

Well that puts an end to it. With the points rolling in of late, a promotion bound Fleetwood increased their claim to a spot in the Championship with a ruthless three goal white-wash at Stadium:MK. The club at the top of the standings certainly seemed to be the real deal as they brushed a-side our previously determined squad on their way to another three points.

20th March 2021
League One

Mar21-d.png

On the back of a demoralizing loss at the hands of Fleetwood, we thankfully pull out the stops to claim the points against a free-falling Birmingham. The Blues have spiralled out of the Championship and are making hard work of League One, with a convincing defeat to the Don's continuing their slide into obscurity. Dark times in the West Midlands.

24th March 2021
League One

Mar21-e.png

We continue to keep the points rolling back in as we squeeze our way past Oxford. The U's look set for a season of obscurity with mid-table beckoning and a Granger solo-effort helped to push the Don's on to potential greatness whilst leaving Oxford stranded in the middle of the table with little left to play for at this late stage of the season.

28th March 2021
League One

Mar21-f.png

With a narrow victory over Oxford under our belts we repeat the trick to edge past Northampton courtesy of young Kazim Aziz's midfield thunderbolt. The goal just past the half-way stage of the first-half settled the nerves of the squad as they easilly fended off Northamptons efforts to claim another three points to the clubs now impressive record.

March 2021
League One

Mar21.png

Despite losing to a now third place, Fleetwood, the club has climbed yet further into the ranks as they start to make themselves truly at home in the promotion race. With the clubs above us only narrowly ahead and the boys more then capable of pulling off some fantastic results, the potential for something truly incredible is growing.

Remember when I used to have no idea what I was doing? ...All a bluff. Honest.

Amazing couple of months! Keep it up and get a title eh?!