big end to the season coming. Hume is a proper player! good luck.

Good month in March, big end to the season coming up!

I love how you've drawn everyone into this false sense of security with your managerial prowess.

Great result against Millwall. Swing in goal difference could be important considering how close it is!

Literally within touching distance Deathball!

Here's hoping Zanz!

Thanks dave! Yeah Hume is absolutely sensational. Unfortunately he is definitely set for bigger and better things then Stadium:MK!

Cheers Dan, keep the faith!

Don't blow it too soon Neavie! I'm actually enjoying this feeling of being semi-competent.

Thanks Osullm! It certainly is shaping up to be incredibly tight!

April 2021

Apr21-z.png

3rd April 2021
League One

Apr21-a.png

The bitterest derby in football? The old against the new as the reformed AFC Wimbledon make the travel to the remnants of their old club for a fierce contest in Milton Keynes. In the battle of the Dons, it was the ever reliable Paul Hume that shone brightest, as his clinical brace killed off the game after just Twenty minutes to ensure bragging rights remain in Buckinghamshire.

5th April 2021
League One

Apr21-b.png

Just two days after their derby day victory the boys struggle to keep up with fellow promotion chasers, Doncaster with a brutal own goal seeing the Dons put down some distance as they make their way to a potentially crucial victory. With only Adam May's goal to cling on to, it's going to take a late rally to send us back into the promotion hunt.

10th April 2021
League One

Apr21-c.png

Not quite the resurgent victory but non the less a hard earned point over recently relegated Burton Albion. Having secured the lead within the first half courtesy of Furlongs finesse finish, a disappointing second saw the Brewers deservedly find a way back into the points with a neat finish leaving our defence once again down on their luck.

17th April 2021
League One

Apr21-d.png

We end the month back to our best as we put four past a struggling Bury side as our attacking midfielders join a rapidly rising Paul Hume on the scoresheet to keep our hopes of a place in the Championship well and truly alive. With just a couple of games remaining we can only hope the club builds on this late sign of form.

April 2021
League One

Apr21.png

The League is poised and ready for a sensational finale. With just about every position up for grabs and only two games of the season remaining, it is going to take some solid form from the boys to cap what could potentially be a fantastic debut season at the helm of the Dons.

May 2021​

May21-z.png

1st May 2021
League One

May21-a.png

We book our place in the playoffs with a comfortable victory over The Gas. Having given Bristol Rovers an undeserved lead after just eleven minutes the boys leave it until the second half to put on the style as they romp their way not just into the lottery of the play-offs but remarkably into something a whole lot more special...

May21-1.png

May21-1st.png

8th May 2021
League One

May21-b.png

Having somehow broken our way into the Automatic spots, the boys pull off the most sensational of feats as they pick up a two goal victory over Exeter to ****** a place in the Championship at the last possible moment. Having taken the lead within the first half, a buoyant dressing room held its nerve to see out the game and smash their way to England's second tier.
May21-8th.png

May 2021
League One

May21.png

...Erm. I don't know what to really say.

I would love to sit here and tell you this went entirely to plan and was always my aim since arriving at Stadium:MK...and I will. I need the ego boost. On a honest note, I actually have no idea how both myself and the Dons have managed to pull off a complete smash and grab to ****** promotion but I'm not going to complain.

It turns out the only thing holding me back was missing was a 4-2-3-1 formation...and potentially a whole chunk of luck.

Last edited:
What an inspired decision by the MK Dons board to hire you! Congrats on a superb season!

My theory is the players love you and they thought you'd want a relegation dogfight, so they did their hardest to give you one for the next season.

What an amazing end to the season! :D Grats for the achievement.

good to see! you're making this look far too easy this time around, I have a feeling disaster is on the horizon - not that I'm tempting fate....

Woohoo Championship football on the way!

I'd be banging on the chairman's door to get a nice pay rise after this.

Payrise on the way and maybe even a new club, superb season mate!

Holy ****, way to go! Onwards to the championship, or at the very least, a new club!

Indeed it was Patrick, totally reasonable and logical in hindsight. Not a complete gamble at all! Also write a **** story already! ...Please.

Sounds quite plausible DeathBall! You've made me worried for the season ahead already! Thanks as always!

Thanks Battman, it's no such as tempting fate, more waiting for the expected. I'm also bracing for a sudden collapse.

Too true Naterr, only thing is I'm also curious if I could make another jump higher up the rankings and don't want to be tied down by a contract just in case. Decision time.

Thanks very much Neavie! fingers permanently crossed!

Cheers Wanderer! Don't make me look too bad!

I sure hope you are right Zanz! I'm always looking!

That beautiful Milton Keynes kitty must be raided!

My career has unexpectedly sky-rocketed me to new heights as I smash through League One and into the Championship.

It turns out I wasn't the only one to experience some upheaval this year...

1084516d1478303800-football-managing-mercenary-man17-1.png
Man17-4.png
Man13.png
Carlo AncelottiLuis EnriqueDiego Simeone
Manchester UnitedBarcelonaINTER
£150,000 per week£150,000 per week£105,000 per week

Everything has changed...except Luis Enrique.

In a bizarre turn of events all three men hold on to their place within the top three but both Carlo Ancelotti and Diego Simeone both enjoy a surprising change of scenery.

Having been comfortably ahead at the top of the standings, Carlo Ancelotti snubs German giants Bayern Munich, taking a huge One Hundred Thousand pound pay cut and snatching up the reigns at Old Trafford to replace the disappointing Zidane at Manchester United.

With Acnelotti's surprising arrival in the Premier Leave, Diego Simeone also take the opportunity to confuse the footballing world as he unexpectedly ends his long term career with Ateltico and instead joins former European heavyweights Inter Milan taking a hefty Seventy Five Thousand pound drop in wages to try and restore some long missed glory to the San Siro Stadium.

With the managerial heavyweights essentially making a mockery of my personal challenge for riches it would be safe to say my goal isn't exactly looking quite so glorious...

1084519d1478303826-football-managing-mercenary-man17-0.png
Derby Jack
MK Dons
£4,400 per week

With the managerial world suffering some kind of beautiful realisation that money isn't as important as writing a footballing legacy, many would take the time to question their motives and re-evaluate their place in the beautiful game...

Not me.

With the top of the earnings now lower then ever before, my career somehow blundering it's way to the top and another five hundred pounds making it's way into my wallet every week courtesy of a welcome promotion bonus, for once I am actually reaching the promised land!

Superb work to get promoted DJ! nearly at the top of the pile now.

Thanks for your encouragement mate! what are these guys doing taking a cut in pay! I'd take that as a insult and a mockery to you and start kicking on this season!!

I have been reading this since it began and have started a profile to comment how good it is and how interesting it is to read. Keep it up as it gets me through work.

Cheers Dan, getting ever closer!

Thanks alot Stuart, time to get my name in for the running at the iPro next.

I honestly think their may have been some kind of soul searching meeting between all the higher earners. It seems they think money doesn't make the world go round! Fools!

Thanks very much EnglishYeti, welcome to the forums, another for the ranks of work readers! We are growing!

MKD.png

With a monumental season awaiting and MK Dons first ever in the Championship drawing ever closer, a hugely important transfer window awaits...

Tran21-OUT.png

A massive transfer window for the club has a very busy exit swing into life in frantic style.

A host of releases has the club ship out thirteen players at the first opportunity with three more players joining them out of the club on the back of a trio of minor transfer fees.

With defender, Cole Kpekawa the only major departure the club managed to cling on to its promotion winning stars despite Milton Keynes drawing the attention of many of England's biggest clubs.

Key striker and future England Star, Paul Hume is a wanted man.

With the likes of United, Chelsea and Liverpool rumoured to be interested in his services we manage to cling on to the clubs brightest prospect since a certain Deli Alli by convincing him to stay until a club reaches his painfully low release fee of just Thirteen and a half Million pounds.

For the time being Hume remains a Don.

Time to see who we brought it to try and make the stay worth his while...

Tran21-IN.png

Tran21-a.png

Cost: Free​

First signing of the clubs glorious arrival in the Championship, is a rather damp squib as we scoop up the recently released Ollie Whitbread to fill in at right-back. The former Chelsea youth has plenty of potential to become a leading defender at this level and even back in the Premier League should he play his cards right. Also Glorious Mutton-chops.

Tran21-b.png

Cost: £300k​

Taking over on the opposite flank comes Jake Vokins. The left-back found himself surplus to requirements in the depths of Southampton and a fortunate transfer request soon had the Twenty-One year old on his way to Milton Keynes for a knock down price. The determined defender will add some much needed quality to our back line.

Tran21-c.png

Cost: £60k​

With the squad bolstered by two young players with barely ninety minutes of professional football between them, we soon turn our attention to Sunderland as we look to add some experience to the squad with the signing of veteran winger, Elliott Bennett. The player has a wealth of knowledge of the hard football to be expected in the Championship and could be crucial to our seasons success.

Tran21-d.png

Cost: Free

Continuing to add some footballing know-how to the club, we snap up the recently released James Tomkins. Having held his own among the nations best in the Premier League for a number of years, the centre-back will be looking to end his career on a high as he looks to shore up a young defence for the brutal season to come.

Tran21-e.png

Cost: £350k

The club continues to throw players through the entrance of Stadium:MK as they make a quick raid on the youth ranks of the Ancellotis new club, snapping up central midfielder, Kieran Barratt. The young playmaker has the potential to be a clinical player in the middle of the field and will be looking to gain some much needed experience this coming season.

Tran21-f.png

Cost: £750k

The youth ranks of the Red Devils proves to have a wealth of frustrated young talent, lost despondently in its depths and another quick bid has us sign another impressive young English talent as we steal away the beautifully named, Angel Gomes. The Twenty-One year old will be looking to take over as our lead attacking midfielder and his impressive all-round stats could see him make a huge impact just behind the mighty Paul Hume.

Tran21-g.png

Cost: £7.5k per month

Continuing to snoop around the ranks of some of the Premier League's best we stumble across right-back Dujon Sterling. With Ollie providing some much needed cover for the position, Streling arrives to well and truly plug the gap. At Twenty-Two the centre-back is poised and ready to make his mark on the scene, a season long loan with the Dons could soon have him impressing Chelsea manager, Pep Guardiola.

Tran21-h.png

Cost: Free

Final arrival in a frantic window see's us fill in the last gap in our defence as we bring in veteran defender Richard Keogh on a player / coach basis for one final season of Chamionship football. The former Derby County captain has the mental attributes of a born leader and alongside Tomkins will be crucial to bringing the best our of our solid young defenders.

A massive window.

With no fewer then eight arrivals in the club and the squad bolstered across the field, its not exactly been a bad window for once, however there was one massive highlight.

Paul Hume and his massive Premier League bound forehead remain with the Dons.