Good job with Grimsby!! Are you already linked with League one or even higher clubs? Or do you want take it easy at the moment?

Thanks Dan, can't understand how we've managed to find ourselves this high to be honest.

Hey Seano! Thanks very much, glad to see you back. The early days certainly made things interesting but I'm making steady progress for once! I think you might be on to something. Next stop Galatasaray?

Thanks Nnicod, not yet, I'm just clinging on to enough reputation to not be laughed out of League Two at the minute but judging by how this season is going I could be set for a fast-track to the Premier League!

February 2020

Feb20-z.png

1st February 2020
League Two

Feb20-a.png

Having knocked us out of the Football League trophy we manage to get one back over Blackpool as another red card for the Tangerines actually pays off for the Boys. Having more then given us a run for our money for the majority of the game, a two footed challenge gave us a shot at claiming the points, with Gabriel Osho firing home a late winner.

8th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-b.png

Our winning streak comes to an end as we are held by Yeovil in a thrilling game of football. Having led for the majority of the game, the plucky Glovers refused to let go, clinging on to a point as they clawed back three times to claim a deserved and hard-earned point.

15th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-c.png

Swindon Town are deep into what it shaping up to be a thrilling race for the automatic spots and the Robins wasted little time in keeping up with the rampant pace as they dispatch the Marines with just the ole solitary goal, conserving their efforts for that is certainly going to be a dramatic end to the season at the top.

19th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-d.png

The defeat doesn't damped the team spirits as they quickly fire their way back into contention with a narrow victory over Accrington Stanley. Stanley looked set to leave us frustrated once more but despite seeing our lead slip just minutes into the second half we remained clam to quickly restore our lead and with it, all three points.

22nd February 2020
League Two

Feb20-e.png

The boys are unable to build from the victory as a frustrating month continues with a one all draw with Forest Green. Having taken the lead within just seventeen minutes, The Boys clearly expected to romp to a comfortable victory over the struggling home side but an instant equaliser soon gave them a welcome reminder to never take their foot off the gas as we accepted our solitary point.

29th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-f.png

Rounding off an important month of football comes another disappointing draw, this time against Crawley Town. Having secured the lead just before the break everything seemed to be going to plan until the hapless central defender, Richard Nartey sliced home a horrendous clearance to force us to settle for another unwarranted point.

February 2020
League Two

Feb20.png

A testing month of football has the club surrendering points left right and center but in what is shaping up to be one of the tightest months in recent memory, the club still manages to find itself not just deep within the playoff spots but on the brink of breaking into the Automatic spots. This season is shaping up to be truly bizarre.

That's how tight things usually are when I play in League One or Two, a few good result and my team shoots up the table. Some not so good and still hold on to a good position.

Still hurts me to see the Mariners doing well, but least you are in charge! Keep it up mate, and the quicker you leave them the better ;)

See Yeovil clawed you back three times, shame we struggle to do that in real life! Another good month, top spot and second seem out of reach at this stage however automatic promotion seems possible now

Thanks very much GenerationGinge!

I really love it being so close, makes just about the dullest of seasons capable of becoming interesting with just the slight run of form!

Sorry Godfish. Unfortunatley your boys are going to be lucky to avoid relegation this season. Thanks as always!

Yeah they certainly proved tough to break down. You never know what could happen! Cheers Dan!
Thanks Cbarber!

March 2020

Mar20-z.png

4th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-a.png

A superb month of football kicks off with the local rivalry against The Imps. With automatic promotion well within their reach an inspired squad made the short journey to Sincil Bank, dominating the majority of the game and claiming a two goal lead with only a late consolation goal the only downside of an otherwise flawless game.

7th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-b.png

On the back of their convincing victory the boys pulled out all the stops to run riot over a sloppy Bristol Rovers. The Gas had no chance in an entirely one-sided game as our League One focused squad ensured they would make no mistake, controlling both halves of the games to send Bristol rovers home empty handed.

14th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-c.png

The points continue to keep rolling in as the club inches its way past a strong Gillingham side. A well worked corner saw the side charge into a one goal lead courtesy of a Cleary bullet header with Greg Olley bringing an end to the Gills hopes of taking anything from the game with a cool finish against the run of play.

21st March 2020
League Two

Mar20-d.png

With morale at an all time high the boys pull off a superb victory over a Stevenage side also battling for automatic promotion. Keeping Stevenage at bay for the entire first half with some calm and collected defending before leaving the a frustrated Boro completely aghast as we ****** a second half winner to seal another three points towards our surprising promotion push.

25th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-e.png

The winning streak comes to an end but the boys still manage to remain unbeaten with another well worked corner proving to be enough to secure a point against a strong Rochdale side. With the club finally forced to take their foot off the gas it was crucial to see the boys not let the end of their run bring an end to their League One dream...

29th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-f.png

...And they didn't let me down. Having snuck us past Stevenage with a second half winner, Albanian midfielder Gjuci returns to the forefront to guide us past Hartlepool and cap a superb month of football for the Mariners after just six minutes. Results against our fellow promotion chasers are certainly giving me so brief hope that we're not actually here through sheer luck!

March 2020
League Two

Mar20.png

Well that was unexpected. One unbeaten month of football and the boys have not only burst through the playoff spots but have emerged well within the automatic spots and equal on points with the league leaders, Leyton Orient. Truth be told I'm not sure how we got here, if we quite deserve it or even if we would survive at all in League One but I'm not going to complain!

Wow! Where did that month come from, did that just to shut me up, top spot is in sight now!

POW! what a month! Just one question, what have you done with the DerbyJack from FM16? FM17 DerbyJack is making this look far to easy ;) Well done mate and KIU

DJ love this as much as last years story. If you keep this performance going it will be tough to leave Grimsby when the big boys come calling!

I actually have no idea Dan, apparently it inspired me! Thanks again!

I am genuinely starting to think the same thing Neavie Pops. Perhaps this is my year! Cheers for your support as always!

Thanks alot Osullm, thankfully I've been to Grimsby in real life and couldn't leave quick enough. No offence to the good people of Grimsby but if Barcelona come knocking I'm not going to be hanging around!

April 2020

Apr20-z.png

4th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-a.png

With League One football and an unexpected promotion at their fingertips the boys suddenly suffer a massive wobble as their precariously lofty position suddenly becomes clear to the team. A disappointing performance and a cruel late goal ensures a fitting start for a disappointing month of football.

11th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-b.png

It took Dagenham and Redbridge just nine minutes to stick their boot in as the playoff chasing side set about making sure that the penultimate month of the season was a disappointing one for the Mariners but our Albanian midfielder Gjuci thankfully clung on to what remained of the clubs resolve to secure what could prove to be a hugely important point.

13th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-c.png

Having seemingly wallowed in our own misery in the first half the boys thankfully burst into life in a thrilling second half of football as they looked to try and overturn a relegation battling Scunthorpes narrow lead. Unfortunately despite their best efforts the Iron refused to release their hold of the points leaving it late to cruelly ****** them all away with just seconds remaining.

18th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-d.png

Capping off a month of rude awakenings, a Plymouth side desperately battling to cling on to the final playoff spot in the league ensure a heart breaking month for the Mariner faithful as they score the only goal of a lifeless game of football to once again leave us pointless and broken at the end of ninety minutes of disappointment.

April 2020
League Two

Apr20.png

If it's not entirely clear from my down-trodden match reports, April broke me. Just when I thought I had worked out how to properly manage a football team, I am given a very rude awakening as to just how much I have to learn. With two games remaining I still have a small glimmer of hope...The League One dream isn't dead just yet.

May 2020

May20-z.png

2nd May 2020
League Two

May20-a.png

With both clubs battling for a place in the automatic spots, it seemed the Dons were about to condemn us to the lottery of the playoffs before a Conor Wilkinson inspired fight back saw us salvage a point and remarkably re-enter the automatic promotion spots as Swindon slip up to put us back in control following a thrilling game.

May20-1.png

9th May 2020
League Two

May20-b.png

Our Irish striker seems to be in inspired form of late as he attempts to almost single-handedly drag the club up into League One with a goal just after the break but before we could pop open the champagne Wycombe spoiled the party smashing home a brutal equaliser and handing the advantage back to a posed and ready Swindon...

May20-2.png

May20-9th.png

With a remarkable season under their belts and the brutal realisation that they missed out on League One football by the narrowest of margins, the boys now have to pull themselves together as they look to force their way through the lottery of the playoffs...

May 2020

May20-z1.png

16th May 2020
League Two - Playoffs Semi Final - Leg 1

May20-c.png

A superb first half saw the boys dominate a Bristol Rovers side that narrowly scraped into the playoff race in the final game of the season but once again the boys concentration seemingly drifted off to an early promotion party as they gifted the Gas with a late route back into the game to set up a thrilling encounter at Blundell Park.

May 2020

May20-z2.png

20th May 2020
League Two - Playoffs Semi Final - Leg 2

May20-d.png

In a repeat of the first leg the boys thrilled the home crowd as they cruised into a seemingly comfortable two goal lead but with just minutes remaining, League One awaiting and the home-crowd celebrating, Bristol Rovers returned to spoil the party. Two sloppy late goals forced us into extra time with a morale shattering goal sending the Mariners faithful into despair as our remarkable season ends in complete disappointment...

May 2020
League Two

May20_1.png

...With the season done and dusted it's hard not to feel a slight twinge of disappointment as we sit watching eventual Playoff winners Bristol Rovers steal our place in League One but having gone from relegation battlers to promotion contenders in just one season, it has non the less been a season to remember for the mighty Mariners.

Unlucky in the playoffs dj! There is nothing worse than losing the final! Chin up and go again!

Such an unfortunate way to end a brilliant season. On the bright side, you could have a serious shot at the title next year!

Indeed there is not Dan, I can't remember the last time I actually won a playoff to be honest.

Fingers crossed Patrick! I have a horrible feeling it might have been a flash in the pan though!

Thanks DeathBall!

Here's hoping Neavie!

I'm off to watch the Mighty Rams and then to get incredibly drunk, so have a great new year gents. Thanks as always for the support!

For myself and Grimsby it has been a season to remember.

With the club on the cusp of entering League One, belief flooding back through the Mariners faithful and a Manager who has somehow managed to convince them that he knows what he is doing, things have never looked better...

1084516d1478303800-football-managing-mercenary-man17-1.png
Man13.png
Man17-4.png
Carlo AncelottiDiego SimeoneLuis Enrique
Bayern MunichAtletico MadridBarcelona
£250,000 per week£180,000 per week£150,000 per week

...And the same goes for the top three.

It's a season of consolidation for the Managerial Elite as all three hold tight to their lofty position.

For top earner, Carlo Ancelotti and Barcelona head coach, Luis Enrique it was a season of silverware as both men lead their clubs to domestic doubles this season to keep their names in high praise around Germany and Spain. For Diego Simeone however it was a season to forget.

Despite being seemingly untouchable at the helm of Atletico, The Argentinian manager failed to continue the clubs rampant progress up the standings as they crash out of every cup competition, completely flop in the Champions League and crawl their way to a shaky third place finish.

Deigo could do with taking some tips from a managerial wonderkid...

1084519d1478303826-football-managing-mercenary-man17-0.png
Derby Jack
Grimsby
£1,100 per week

Having finally broken the one thousand pound a week mark, my season remarkably took a turn dramatically upwards.

With the coaching qualifications finally starting to trickle in, my reputation now actually more then just a vague hint of looking competent and a club seemingly well on their way to breaking out of the basement of English football, things are certainly going well.

This doesn't feel right...

Grimsby.png

With the club remarkably going from relegation favorites to narrowly missing out on an unexpected promotion to League One, the club and myself are keen to ensure our new found status is not just a flash in a pan...

Tran20-OUT.png

First things first is the annual culling of the out of contract players.

With just three players contracts coming to a close, we waste little time in helping them to pack their bags for pastures new as we release all three to clear some space for our new arrivals.

With the unneeded winger James Dayton joining defensive duo, Osho and Cleary out the exit door, the stage is set for the club to make some strong additions to the team as we look to shore up the squad and make the break-through into the promised land of League One.

Tran20-IN.png

Tran20-a.png

Cost: £60k

With the club managing to actually pull some funds together for a relatively healthy transfer budget we waste little time in using it as we splash the cash to land Norwich's young midfielder Diallang Jaiyesimi. The Nigerian will slot perfectly into the team as we look to add some more depth to what prove to be an effective attacking midfield trio.

Tran20-b.png

Cost: Free

Sam Howells arrives as one for the future, as the former Swan looks to try and ****** up some valuable experience from the bench. With the center of defence a clear weak point this season, hopes are high that Sam Howells will eventually develop into a solid defender to lead the club in the very near future.

Tran20-c.png

Cost: £115k

The most expensive transfer of the season and also my short career has us snap up Blonde bombshell, Jack Lee. The Twenty One year old is a superb defender for this level and with his best years still ahead of him, the solid all round defender is set to make a massive impact for this club for many seasons to come.

A quick and efficient transfer window see's the club make three like for like swaps to immediately bolster the squad for the season ahead.

With all three holding on to potential that could well see them play much higher up the chain, hopes are high that they can be the extra kick the team needs to break through into League One.

Last edited:
Good luck this season DJ! Hoping you can emulate last seasons success