Thanks very much Godfish, always appreciate the support despite being clearly inept at this game!

I hope so Dan, I desperately need something. You make it look so easy!

Y4x8Bh.png

I have the luxury of having the entire pre-season to get myself bedded in at Nethermoor Park and whilst our down trodden squad look to cheer themselves up on their end of season holiday, I do my best to get to grips with the squad that flopped so pitifully in the National League.

CNVW0R.png

Small problem...the majority of talent is about to jump ship.

With six of the best players all set to return to their parent clubs in just a few days time, the remaining squad is a jumble of experienced journeymen seeing out their careers in the lower leagues and young bright hopefuls desperately trying to cling on to a life in the beautiful game.

With the majority of players set to voice there displeasure at the clubs recent relegation, there's just enough time to glance at a couple of the teams best players before I do my utmost to convince them to stay...

6VMLru.png

With the current squad bizarrely setup to essentially dominate just the right flank, Connor Brown appears to be the solid foundation the tactic was built upon. As I look to build my own formation with those currently available, the defender is certain to remain locked at the side of my back-line....If I can make him sign a new contract.

mj4xce.png

Just how the Lions managed to concede Seventy goals last season with such a solid defence remains some-what of a mystery but veteran defender, Rob Atkinson will surely be looking to make amends with a shot at redemption in the National League North. With defensive abilities well beyond this level he will be crucial for the season ahead...should he sign on the dotted line.

Truth be told essentially my entire hopes for the season ahead pin on just who I can convince to remain with me for the forth coming season.

With over half of the squad's contracts drawing to a close, I've got my work cut out for me.

Who wouldn't want to stay with a recently relegated club poised for disaster with a calamitous inexperienced manager at the helm...

Just caught up mate and have to say i'vew never seen so many players get such lengthy injuries at once. I blame them and the physio for your sacking! Onwards and upwards though, this is the season! I'd bet my (lego) house on it!

The temptation to throw this season for free lego is now over-whelming! Cheers Neavie, definitely not my fault!

Y4x8Bh.png

My first action at the helm of Guiseley see's me thrust into the midst of an all important transfer window.

With the first-team squad all scrambling for the exit, I gear myself to tackle a rapidly spinning revolving door at Nethermoor Park.

MDs5js.png

For the first time in my career I actually receive a transfer-fee. Central midfielder Alex Purver made his intentions clear before I even had a chance to get settled with the team. A quick swap to Barrow see's the important midfielder remain in the National League with Barrow.

Fcih8z.png

A team-shattering, six players opt to end their contracts with the club, with essentially the entire defence joining both Brown and Atkinson in turning down a chance at redeeming their efforts from the previous season.

With the squad down to bare-bones, I still manage to release yet more one player with central midfielder Scott Smith deemed surplus to requirements as I look to quickly reform the entire team.

yv21Wd.png

With plenty of space to fill, I wasted very little time in forming a squad capable of bolstering my lowly standing.

x7u1nd.png

Cost: Free

With essentially the entirety of the defence needing to be signed in the window, it take just hours for me to get to work with central defender Di'shon Bernanrd bouncing back from his recent release at the hands of the Red Devils to slot straight into the middle of my backline.

hgg0GQ.png

It's the left side of defence that this time gets a much needed addition as we sign former Hull youngster, Matty Jacob. At just Eighteen, Jacob has a huge deal of potential to grow in to but with a strong engine behind him the teenager will be key as I look to play a narrow diamond formation for the season ahead.

hLPpws.png

Continuing the trend the next young arrival to the defence is Irish centre-back, Joe Redmond. Unable to earn a first-team opportunity with Birmingham City, the Nineteen year old will quickly make up for lost time as his defensive technical abilities alone make him a sure-fire key-player for the season ahead.

79HuQe.png

Finally taking a break from snapping up teenage defenders I bring in Twenty-Two year old Congolese striker, Ntumba Massanka. The target-man will easily make up for his lack of out-right striking talent at this lowly level, with his strength and deceptive speed certain to cause an impact in the season ahead.

oINJWq.png

Having brought in four players just minutes after the window opened, its not until six days later that I land a player who could rip apart the National League North. Welsh attacking midfielder, Dylan Levitt will be pulling the strings behind my strike duo with abilities well beyond not only his young age but also the entire league.

QKsNVs.png

Back to form and the defence is once again bolstered by the arrival of solid centre-back Josef Yarney. Having failed to make a breakthrough at both Newcastle and Everton, Yarney should prove desperate to finally kick-start his career with the Lions. Hopefully a blossoming partnership with Redmond could lead to one of the firmest defences in the league.

Qqteak.png

Final arrival of the transfer window see's me complete the defensive line with right-back Tom Edwards. With a career at Stoke not panning out, we are quick to take advantage as we bring him straight into the first eleven. With the physical ability that should see him dominate the right hand side he could prove to be one of the most important signings of the season.

Another busy summer of signings.

Truth be told I don't actually enjoy making a shed-load of signings in the transfer windows, given the choice I would much rather form a team out of the players readily available. Unfortunately for the second season in a row, I'm left high and dry by a squad strung together by loanees and players scrambling for the exit upon my arrival.

I won't take it personally...

It all starts here, I can feel it in my gut.

Probably.

EDIT: Wait, it might just be gas

Mate, how do you paste your screenshots into the story so they are big and people don't need to click on them to open them up? I've been attaching mine and they always appear as thumbnails making it a pain in the **** to open up to view

Either way both gut feelings are probably going to end with the same result Sammu!

I host them on ImageShack Bally. Upload the images to their site and then Insert the Image by URL here. As long as they are smaller then 700 pixels wide they wont be resized at all.

Preseason 2019

m9laEH.png

13th July 2019
Friendly
moHkrZ.png

First taste of football in the heart of God's Own country see's me triumph over neighbours Farsley Celtic. A run out for my newly crafted narrow diamond formation see's it get off the ground running as we barrel our way through the center of the field, scoring freely throughout the game against the sorry looking minnows. Meanwhile it's a fond fairwell to the EU as British football gears up for it's post-Brexit future.
y9Ce00.png

20th July 2019
Friendly
6ipn1x.png

With the class of 92's pet project now hammering on the door of the football league we go up against a club currently living what should have been my own footballing dream. If only I hadn't been sacked....Twice. With Salford battling their way to a deserved victory, eyes soon turned to developments off the field as my recent employer suddenly looks set to also jump ship...
USwsm1.png

27th July 2019
Friendly
ty8Qdu.png

Whilst I cautiously try to see if Steve Parkin has finally released what a tragic mistake he made in my appointment, we welcome two of Yorkshire's finest teams, with League One's Bradford first to leave their mark at Nethermoor Park. A dominant performance from the Bantams saw them make the breakthrough just before the break before entirely dominating the second half to cruise to a comfortable three goal victory.

5th August 2019
Friendly
izGhwg.png

Currently doing their best to nail down a hard-earned spot in the Premier League, Huddersfield round of our warm-up fixtures with another dominant display. The result was hardly-unexpected but with developments behind the scenes already giving me cause for concern, the gutless three goal defeat wasn't exactly the best impression to make for any future employers...
Bzyo0U.png

_______

The preseason usually passes me by without so much as a second glance, this time however I have cause to be concerned.

Having thrown my career an unexpected life-line, the Chairman now looks set to jump ship before I've even had a chance to vaguely repay him for his efforts.

Meanwhile a fans-trust who quite rightfully could be upset by the appointment of a manager only experienced in being dismissed being placed at the helm of their recently relegated side.

I'm already feeling uncomfortable... Time to prove my worth!

Always love the calamitous nature of your stories. Really hope this season is the one (can't say I'm holding out much hope after that pre-season!)

Only in this story would a chairman jump ship about 2 weeks after bringing you in, haha. Clever ******* clearly wanted his scapegoat in place before he fecked off.

I mean... what? Yeah, you'll do fine, keep it up :)

I wish I could say it was all someway intended but I'm genuinely just this sloppy at the game. Appreciate it Battman!

I honestly feel like I'm being partly stitched up right now. Always appreciate your continued...support. Unfortunately I find myself agreeing with you. Thanks Sammu!

August 2019

Umo2pB.png

10th August 2019
National League North

JobQaz.png

With my tenure at Guiseley getting off to a rough start despite not even playing a single league game, I do my utmost to try and convince want-away chairman, Steve Parkin to stay with a hard-earned away day victory over Boston United. A fine debut goal from our newly signed bull of a striker, Massanka hopefully keeping the potentially lynch mob of a fan's trust takeover at bay.

13th August 2019
National League North

ZUq4Vr.png

It's all quiet on the Western front for now as my continued efforts to keep Parkin in Power see us pickup my second victory in a row. A tight game against Nuneaton tips in our favor courtesy of Yarney's first goal for the club, just seconds into the game. Just maybe I've done enough to convince my guardian chairman that we can make something of this season already...

17th August 2019
National League North

XVFTEk.png

My winning streak comes to an end as we are pegged back by AFC Telford. Massanka once again strikes to keep hopes well and truly alive that I've managed to land a striker capable of being the sharpened edge to my diamond formation but it wasn't enough to keep the Stags at bay. Apparently the disappointing draw was all it took to tip Steve over the edge...
ewnYlK.png

FUPDSw.png

24th August 2019
National League North

kLsXhk.png

I've never felt like so much of a sitting duck. No investment and the Intention to replace me as soon as possible. James Wise. You just made one formidable enemy my friend. A lackluster draw did little to make my mark in front of my new employers and one smiling figure lurking in the shadows of Darlington gleefully rubbed his hands in anticipation.
awnvxx.png

27th August 2019
National League North

vsXyEG.png

With the chairman, press and even a potential future manager all patiently waiting to trigger the seemingly inevitable, A late but well-earned victory over North Ferriby at least see's me keep swinging on the way down, with Reid and a man forever frustrated at being known as Wayne's Brother keeping my head held high. Watch and learn Law!
dYby8U.png

31st August 2019
National League North

KpQqs6.png

Like some kind of ominous presence, Marcus Law has been lurking in the background for the past few weeks seemingly poised and waiting to snuff me out at the nearest opportunity. Having thrown away a surprise two goal lead over pre-season favourites Brackley, I braced myself for another humiliating end only for my managerial stalker to be worryingly absent...

August 2019
National League North

njhYLI.png

With a heavy weight still ominously hanging over my head, I end my first month in Yorkshire not just unbeaten but rooted in the heart of the play-off race. With my new boss still weighing up his options I can only hope my unexpected promising start might just have taken his finger off the trigger.

I guess the next step is to rock up at this doorstep a blubbering wreck and beg for my job.

I bet Jose never had to do this...

Last edited:
It's a promising start DJ, and it's always a relief when a Law Man stops following you.

Have loved the thread so far, following it closely.

Send some Guiseley drug lords to Law and sort him out.

Thanks very much Snorks, I've never been stalked by a fellow manager before, certainly made the early fixtures a bit more dramatic!

Part of me feels I might deserve it Sammu...Most of me feels it is a huge injustice and a crime against football!

With my wage, my assistant manager and a sharpened stick will have to do for now Dan!

September 2019

Despite my future at the club looking decidedly suspect, I still do my best to craft the squad into genuine title contenders...

hviqcx.png

Q15Kir.png

As I continue my efforts to strengthen the back line, I finally manage to bring some experience into the squad as I snap up former Salford defender, Carl Piergianni. Seemingly desperate to prove his former club wrong, the Twenty-Seven year old will be looking for another shot at breaking into the Football League with a promising looking Guiseley.

74T70r.png

Final signing of the window has me bring in late arrival, Max Johnstone . The former United stoppper never made the high-grade at Old Trafford but despite his disappointing release, the Twenty-One year is a monumental signing for a club at the bottom-rung of the ladder. My risky diamond formation is starting to like slightly more solid.

_______

COMOOH.png

7th September 2019
National League North

jmsxn6.png

With Law still no where to be seen we play out a lifeless draw against a crest fallen Stockport. With our unbeaten run still intact, all be it in less then impressive fashion, I presumed the pressure would only mount upon my precarious position but low and behold, it seems my future for now is secure...
93xBne.png

10th September 2019
National League North
ANGdmQ.png

With Law mysteriously disappearing and my job now seemingly in place, I do my best to avoid some suspicious looks as we run out against early promotion contenders, Alfreton. Despite scoring within just two minutes, we couldn't hold the Derbsyhire club at bay as they fight back to claim all three points. I feel James Wise might be ruing his change of heart already...

14th September 2019
National League North
2ByWnX.png

Looking to quickly restore Wise's apparently misplaced trust, we are only able to secure a point against Kidderminster Harriers as a dubious challenge in the box from the unfortunate Redmond gifted the Harriers with an undeserved route back in to the game. With the games coming thick and fast I'm going to need to bring the points back back in and fast...

21st September 2019
FA Cup - 2nd Qual. Rnd
ura46u.png

It might not quite be three points in the league but non the less an emphatic performance from the Lions see's us charge remorselessly through Non-League Garforth with young striker Frank Mulhern picking up an early brace to join new arrival Levitt in killing off the game before even Twenty minutes of football. Efficient.

24th September 2019
National League North
hcAMVH.png

Back to the League and its another disappointing result as we are easily out played by a playoff chasing Harrogate. Apparently confirming my future at the club was the worst possible move my new employer could have made. It seems I perform much better when I'm lead to believe my career is on the line...

28th September 2019
National League North
G7o0RA.png

Thankfully before Law can be dug back up and return to stalking me across the country we make a fine return to winning ways as we smash our way through a sorry looking Nantwich. In front of a suspect Home Crowd, midfielder Machell opened the scoring before new arrival Massanka killed off the game with an impressive brace.

September 2019
National League North
R4WePh.png

Two months into my time in Yorkshire and I've already managed to slide my way out of the play-off race. Fortunately with just Eleven games played and the fixture list set to get increasingly busy, there is plenty of time to scrap our way back into the race for promotion. God knows I need something to increase my standing in the world of football. Surely I'm due some good fortune?

October 2019

owoPjH.png

5th October 2019
FA Cup - 3rd Qual. Rnd
HsJAMm.png

In the finest of humiliating fashions I opted to try and win some favour with the Guiseley faithful by completing bad-mouthing their local-rivals Bradford Park Avenue. Needless to say it back-fired in style seemingly firing up our fellow League side as they sneak a late goal to dump me out of the competition and ensure my relationship with the fans remains uncomfortably frosty.

9th October 2019
National League North
Zd2FAp.png

Looking to quickly put the cup exit behind me, we thankfully start by making amends with a late victory over Spennymoor. Long serving striker Reid, makes a strong case for a position in the first eleven as he makes an instant impact from the bench to rifle home an Eighty-Fifth minute winner.

12th October 2019
National League North
gcOztb.png

We continue to build up the points as Massanka leads a first-half fight back to sneak past Leamington. Having gone a goal behind after just two minutes it seemed I was once again about to disappoint the home crowd but our Congolese striker thankfully had other ideas as he drags us to victory.

19th October 2019
National League North
56nnOY.png

The new arrival is up to his best again as his second brace in as many games helps us to keep Solihull Moors at bay. With Massanka seemingly being one of the brightest starters in Non-League football his early goal scoring form is helping us both to gain plaudits in the heart of Yorkshire...

26th October 2019
National League North
L1kArW.png

...And they've gone. Any hard-earned respect from the fans is quickly forgotten as for the second time this month I am out smarted by rivals, Bradford Park Avenue. Having cruised into a two goal lead it appeared my smack talk before the game was finally going to see me reap some rewards but an inspired Park Avenue emerged after the break to destroy my wearisome squad.

October 2019
National League North
NXRHzD.png

Putting the disappointing losses behind us, a brief glimpse of a winning streak see's the squad cruise their way back into the playoff race. Despite losing any pride I once had within Yorkshire, I will take a shot at finally breaking out of the basement of football any day.

Thankfully I don't have all that much pride to lose anyway...

This sounds quite cliche but this thread has tempted me to sign up to these forums, been meaning to leave a comment about how much I'm enjoying reading your career journey. Keep it up mate! :)

Honestly mate, the events of this latest season could only happen to you! Enjoying it all the same though ;)

Thanks very much Taylor, I really do appreciate it! Welcome to the forums!

I suppose that is an achievements of sorts? Thanks Neavie!

November 2019

PORXzY.png

2nd November 2019
National League North

lx6rG8.png

For the first time at the helm of the Lions we suffer two back to back defeats as we are seen off by Kettering. A frustrating penalty saw our fellow play-off chasers take the lead with their Angolan striker Raul Correia doubling his tally to put them in a firm lead. A fortunate own-goal gave us a brief shot at claiming something from the game but some resilient defending saw them deservedly take the points.

16th November 2019
National League North

99yB4Y.png

The boys respond in sensational style as they smash home five goals past a Gainsborough side previously hoping to squeeze their way into the playoffs. Having made a solid start to his career with Guiseley, Massanka properly introduces himself to the masses as he smashes home a sensational four goals to secure an emphatic victory.

23rd November 2019
National League North

ngf8Pw.png

Having gone a goal behind just seconds away from the break, it seemed we were in for a torrid time against former League side, Hereford. Despite his previous efforts, our Congolese hit-man is unable to rifle home another game winning flurry of goals but his second half penalty at least does just enough to secure a hard-earned point.

30th November 2019
FA Trophy - 3rd Qual. Rnd
UXNxIR.png

Massanka continues his impressive form with a game winning brace over non-league Corby as we progress into the next round of the FA Trophy. Having been held valiantly through-out the entire first half, Corby failed to keep up with the pace come the second as our relentless attacks eventually saw us find our way to victory.

November 2019
National League North
uWN9sQ.png

A mixed month see's us slip out of the safety afforded in the middle of the play-off spots and now perilously placed just above two clubs that have thus far both been able to outplay us this season. With the half-way mark of the season rapidly approaching I can only hope to keep them at arms length. I need this!

Last edited:
Great result against Gainsborough Trinity and progression in the FA Trophy, decent month again. Just to make you aware you've made a little typo with the league name in the Hereford game. :p

Cheers Taylor, slow and steady is the way to go. Thanks for that, not sure how I got 'North' and 'November' mixed up!

December 2019

L6NUsH.png

7th December 2019
National League North

1V8DtK.png

Pushing our way further into the play-off spots was certainly one benefit of our start to the festive period but more importantly then any promotion race, I managed to get one over on one of my former clubs as Massanka helped me ease past a struggling FC United. With the Red Rebels doggedly fighting against relegation my mid-table finish suddenly doesn't seem so bad...karma.

17th December 2019
National League North

kSX3kp.png

The weather eventually brings an end to my gloating as the wintry conditions extend our gap between games to ten games with Chester bringing us back into the fold with a disappointing away day defeat. Having gone behind before the half hour mark, my usually free-firing strike force couldn't bring us back into the game as we slump to defeat.

21st December 2019
FA Trophy - 1st Rnd

Bqg5dd.png

Our brief adventure into the FA Trophy is over as we make it into the first round proper of the competition before being sent packing by National league side, Wrexham. Desperate to make a return to the football league itself, the Welsh side are currently battling to find a promotion spot but still managed to send us packing with ease.

26th December 2019
National League North

BZz6nb.png

We return to league action with a tie against Boston. The Pilgrims should be man-handling this league with their squad but thus far are way off the pace of the current league leaders. A goalless draw at Nethermoor ensured the East Coast side remain longing looking at the top end of the table as we distance our-selves from the chasing pack

29th December 2019
National League North

Wh1U2r.png

Frank Mulhern was languishing in the reserves when I arrived at the club, having seemingly fallen out of favor with my predecessor his time at Guiseley seemed to be at an end however a second chance at nailing down a starting spot saw him grab the opportunity with both hands, a game winning brace confirming his new found importance to the team.

December 2019
National League North

oG6aRd.png

Another month of mixed football has our status in the playoffs still looking rather suspect. Thankfully for us our rivals, Bradford Park Avenue suffer a month to forget as they slide their way out of the playoffs, gifting Kettering with their spot at the half-way stage and handing us a welcome five point gap. It's in our hands now.

Last edited:
Decent month in the league on the whole but how the **** are Chelmsford in the Conference North? They're in Essex for god sake!