Quite possibly the best month of any of your managerial careers Jack! Good stuff, big clubs should be circling soon for the next managerial sensation

Would have loved to see you in Blyth, would have been a lot closer for me to deliver the lego house and car!

Congrats on the MOM award

Brilliant as always (the story not the results). Your days at Guiseley are surely numbered - hopefully for the better!

Gutting that you didn't manage to get either of the two jobs over in Holland but you've got a little gap for yourself to the sides below you, now it's just about continuing on that good month and tempting more clubs to give you a shot. Good luck for Torquay too, it would be a good move.

I'm going to take that as a positive and ignore the fact that it is worryingly true! If I can make it to the Bundesliga then, I can certainly do it now! Cheers Patrick, always appreciated!

I also would have loved to go to Blyth. Mainly because their logo is simply bad-***...well for a football club at least. Cheers Neavie!

Too true Battman although, its now looking more like I'm trying to jump before I'm pushed!

I would have loved an early route into the continent, especially so close to the Eredivisie. I'm holding out for a trip to Cornwall, especially as Torquays new logo is actually a massive improvement. Thanks again Taylor!

January 2021

Before a ball is even kicked the board ring in the new year with a some glorious news...
oTzWrR.png

I'll just scrap the January transfer window then.

Despite having a threadbare squad, I was already struggling to squash the wage budget into submission. With a solid chunk taken out of the funds, I throw my toys out the pram and forgo any attempt at following the budgets.

To **** with it...

_______

H82dU5.png

2nd January 2021
National League North

ZCt90c.png

Making entirely sure that my new year gets off to a horrific start, Kidderminster leave it late to secure the points as a seemingly close knit game in the West Midlands suddenly unravels with just fifteen minutes remaining. Thankfully whilst I try to work out just how I can salvage the season whilst simultaneously paying players in shells and shiny objects a savior arrives from down South...
V5bSEZ.png

January 2021
National League North

v3BGFa.png

Unfortunately whilst I was flamboyantly dancing at the prospect of taking up the reigns of Torquay, I forgot to take a screenshot of my final league position with the Lions. Take it from me, it got worse. Leapfrogged by my final opposition, Kidderminster, the club slipped worryingly deeper into mid-table obscurity. Thankfully the sluggish season is no longer my problem...

...Time to pack my bucket and spade!

Last edited:

A lifeline, an opportunity and a final chance at salvaging what little remained of my career. Cheers Guiseley...

Y4x8Bh.png

For the first time in my career, I didn't get sacked.

With horror shows at both FC United and Welling now under my belt, Guiseley throw me one last shot at redemption.

Needless to say, I paid their faith with... well. Completely nothing.

2019/20
National League North

um7mwR.png

Z2plf6.png

Relegated from the National League, Guiseley's quick return to the edge of the Football League didn't exactly get off to the greatest of starts. Having very nearly scuppered a playoff shot that seemed set in the stone, the club crawls its way to seventh place in the League with a token playoff appearance capping a disappointing debut.

2020/21
National League North
slKeRv.png

v3BGFa.png

Mid-way through my second season in Yorkshire and with finances nose diving downwards, it became worryingly clear that any hopes of building upon our seventh place finish last year were truly misplaced. With the clubs very future and our seasons hopes looking decidedly suspect, I jump at the first opportunity to progress...

_______

Three and a half seasons into my career and I've gone preciously no where.

Non the less, thanks to the apparent desperation of a little club in Yorkshire, I still have some resemblance of a career.

A better man would feel some form of guilt for betraying a club, that gave them so much...

...Shame I'm not one. Off to Cornwall!

Good luck on the south coast mate! Still looking for that club that will be your springboard into the higher leagues and bigger bucks....maybe Torquay will be the one!

Cheers Bally, I'm quite excited by the prospect to be honest. I'm ever hopeful. These could be the one...just like the last three..

AJsWG0.png

I'm off to the Seaside!

As I drag my bruised and battered reputation behind me, I finally end up make a move to a club with real pedigree.

Having long since fallen from the dizzying heights of League One, The Gulls now find themselves joining me in wallowing in the depths of English football.

Time to change all that...

OdDzXG.png

Not exactly sky-rocketing.

It might not be the greatest of pay raises but with my former employers potentially not even able to stump up a fraction of that next season, I'll most certainly take it.

As I grow accustomed to life on the coast, a brief look at the clubs current status explains just how I ended up here...

Atc4XD.png

VOhUHt.png

I'm back up to the National League!

Thankfully unlike when I first took the reigns at Nethermoor, I actually get a shot at keeping the club here.

Its safe to say Torquay's season hasn't exactly got off the greatest of starts, as the club stands on the cusp of an all time low, dangerously flirting with relegation towards the fringes of English football.

For both us the entire second half of the season leaves survival as the one and only target.

For Torquay reputation, history and a large degree of belief is on the line.

For me...a potential Two Hundred pound pay-cut. Priorities.

Last edited:

AJsWG0.png

Its safe to say I'm going to need to hit the ground running at Plainmoor.

With the season in full swing and a season in dire need of turning around there's little time to get to grips with the Torquay first-team...

mUyK6I.png

Strikers. We have a lot of them.

With six first team strikers on the books, its a wonder that Torquay have not simply outscored there way to safety...

The team certainly looks to be under-performing, with the greater majority of the players well suited to this level of football., however with the entire core of the squad almost completely strung together with loan players it is hardly surprising to arrive at the helm of a team seemingly devoid of spirit.

If we're going to turn this season around, it's going to take some true grit...

mOZJbV.png

One man certainly not lacking in drive is central midfielder, Luke Young. The Twenty Seven Year Old is crucial to the outcome of the season, driving the team from the middle of the field with a neat eye for a pass and the ability to feed Torquay's fleet of finishers with any number of opportunities he is certain to play a key role in our hopeful great escape.

3dRfY9.png

Despite having five strikers to compete with, Irish striker, Eoghan Stokes stands head and shoulders above the rest...figuratively at least. The nippy poacher possess the ability to streak his way through the tightest of defences to get on to the end of Young's well worked through balls. Hopes are high that the duo can combine their way to power us back up the table.

In all honesty I was expecting much worse.

With the numbers for a solid four four two formation in the ranks and a host of players more then capable of cutting it at this level and potentially beyond, we just need a little luck to claw our way back to safety.

The football gods have not been kind to me thus far...

...surely that has to change now.

Decent lil move there mate! Look forward to seeing how it goes

With that squad there will be no excuses for failure this time round ;-)

Not a bad squad in some areas. Keating is only 2* rated yet he's caused me problems in League 2 on an online game... interesting. Hopefully you'll be able to pull the squad together and get out the relegation zone, would be a shame if you were to drop back down to the Conference South.

Cheers Neavie, they've definitely got potential!

I'm proud to say I have an uncanny ability to blow expectations out the water Bally...

I'm quite please with it to be honest, will certainly try to give Keating a run out. He's been limited to one start this season and apparently was woeful in it...I think he'll fit in just fine. I can't keep stinking out the place down here for ever. Hopefully.

January 2021

HrYMOk.png

16th January 2021
FA Trophy - 2nd Rnd

N9AeoK.png

With the league going almost as woeful as possible for the Torquay faithful, the non-League FA Trophy represents a faint glimmer of joy for a beleaguered but loyal fan base. With just hours under my belt within Cornwall I soon set about introducing myself in fitting style as the club is dumped out of the competition courtesy of a cruel last minute Tranmere winner. You're welcome.

23rd January 2021
National League

Cxh9FZ.png

Having humiliated myself for three and a half seasons of lowly football I crawl my way to the National League and I'm greeted by...a goalless draw. Brilliant. As I palm off the early cup disappointment as merely being a good cause to concentrate on our League survival, my first tastes of the National League prove to be a rather drab affair as we slump our way to a point.

30th January 2021
National League

i8rtbE.png

With the Honey-moon period already going up in flames I follow up our uninspiring draw against Bromley with a resounding defeat at the hands of Southport. Thankfully I'm able to shield myself from the fans ire thanks to the fact that Southport are deep in the race for a spot in the Football League. If anything the two goals could be a welcome boost to our all important goal difference? Making an impact already...

January 2021
National League

JvFVQZ.png

Well...I've certainly made myself at home.

Three games under my belt and I've already sent the Gulls crashing out of the FA Trophy and have instantly increased the gap between ourselves and safety to an intimidating six points. With the season already coming down to the all important end of season run in, its now or never for the footballing gods to shine some form of blessing upon me...

...don't make me beg.

Last edited:

February 2021​

x6KZh1.png

6th February 2021
National League

vkoatk.png

My awkward introduction to life in both Torquay and National League continues to grow as we throw away a one goal lead, to hand Gateshead all three valuable points. Given that this is one of the longest away day journeys in the entirety of English football it's safe to say I've still not endeared myself to the Gulls faithful...

13th February 2021
National League

6zojxI.png

...That should help. Tactical brilliance, a rallying team talk, a shrewd signing. None of those happened. The six goal thrashing of a Wrexham side now also crashing into reach of the relegation dogfight comes completely out of the blue but my word was it needed. A simply beautiful showing from the Gulls see's forward Leitch Smith inspire the boys to an emphatic three points. It's on now!

20th February 2021
National League

jquRxF.png

The six goal whitewash in the previous game soon sent thoughts of a brilliant charge out of danger flooding through the minds of a bedraggled Gulls fanbase but within Twenty minutes Tranmere soon reminded us just how much work we have to put in to escape. To their credit the boys deservedly claimed a draw, fighting back in fine style to claim what could be a vital point.

23rd February 2021
National League

Oh2jrr.png

A potential relegation six-pointer once again has us greedily claim the points away from our fellow strugglers as Eoghan Stokes expertly see's off the footballing hipster, Dulwich Hamlet. It's always nice to get one over a club entirely based around the opposite of this careers financial goal especially when it continues to build on our slow crawl out of the drop zone.

February 2021
National League

GSOvFF.png

The gap remains frustratingly in place as Dartford frustratingly power their way away from danger with a recently vanquished Dulwich replacing them in the hot seat. With the boys showing signs of absolute brilliance this month it's unsurprising that belief has slowly started to creep back into the squad and a rare award adds to the clubs growing morale...
Zu7beI.png

Teenage winger Joel Davies has absolutely lit up the team of late. At just Seventeen the on-loan winger shouldn't really have the weight of a clubs hope and dreams pinned upon him but heck...why not! The talented prodigy is proving to be pivotal to the teams attacking moves and is more then capable of contributing his own despite his tender young years.

Last edited:

March 2021

gWxuy3.png

2nd March 2021
National League

v3HpBQ.png

A frustrating month gets underway in the finest fashion as we bumble our way to a goalless draw with Blyth Spartans. With points at a massive premium, this kind of bore draw isn't exactly the greatest way to continue our desperate climb to safety but non the less at least it isn't a loss...I'll end up saying that alot this month.

6th March 2021
National League

BaZjHx.png

Hartlepools sorry attempts at trying to break back into the Football League continue to disappoint and a lifeless bore-draw at Plainmoor did nothing to really help either team in their attempts at salvaging their seasons thus far. We can only hope that the teams around us are also messing up their own efforts at snatching a place in the league.

13th March 2021
National League
BFWS8K.png

Well. At least we scored? A promotion chasing Stockport took the lead within just Thirteen minutes but to their credit the boys quickly restored clarity as Davies pulled us back onto level terms. We might not be picking up the much needed points but heck, at least we're unbeaten in six games?

20th March 2021
National League

kOiZr4.png

...So. We've not won in four games now. In the cruelest of fashions Dartford leave it late to not only salvage a largely undeserved draw but brutally smack their way into a last second lead. With key striker Eoghan Stokes firing us into a seemingly commanding two goal lead, to end the match with nothing was a devastating blow.

23rd March 2021
National League

H5LZQ9.png

Brackley are narrowly keeping their heads above water, sitting perilously close to what is shaping up to be a fierce relegation dog-fight. With another point under out belts we at least ensure the likes of Brackley are unable to distance themselves but this increasingly frustrating set of results is surely making it ever harder to believe we can survive.

30th March 2021
National League

4QLhoT.png

Rounding off the month comes a fitting draw with Macclesfield. Thankfully for what feels like the first time, we can be truly grateful to even leave the game with a solitary point to our tally. A miserable first half saw Macclesfield ease their way to a potentially game winning two goal lead but the increasingly impressive Stokes left it late to salvage a draw.

March 2021
National League

FmfcHM.png

Having failed to land any of the big points on offer in a jam packed week, we are forced to accept a mere trickle to our tally with a multitude of draws. Despite losing our place on the edge of the relegation spots to a frantic Eastleigh, the gap thankfully remains rooted to a still daunting six points. It's going to be a dramatic finale...

April 2021​

rE084W.png

2nd April 2021
National League

jdvuyg.png

Having watched our efforts go to waste against some of the Leagues better sides, we enter the penultimate month of the season by crushing bottom of the table York. With one foot now firmly planted in the National League North, it seems that York are now well and truly out of the running. For the Gulls it's now very much all to play for.

5th April 2021
National League

yOocTp.png

Building off our emphatic victory in the previous game, Eoghan Stokes steals the back pages with a game winning hat-trick against Essex millionaires, Billericay. Having gone behind within the opening ten minutes it seemed we were about to be palmed back down into the depths of the drop-zone but our lethal Irish striker refuses to go down without a fight.

10th April 2021
National League

o6VaTB.png

Disaster. Absolute disaster. Like ourselves Maidstone are desperately trying to horde the points as they attempt to make a late escape from the depths of the National League and a convincing victory in an all important relegation six-pointer see's them forcefully pull us down, leaving The Gulls now clinging on by their finger nails.

17th April 2021
National League

gRLSho.png

Bounce back ability. We have it in spade fulls. Thankfully the club never seems to know when it's down. Just how they even ended up in this predicament remains a mystery, as the club once again performs above and beyond expectations to comfortable claim a victory over a Salford side whose dramatic raise to the top has stalled in the National League.

24th April 2021
National League

SVKdja.png

Eoghan Stokes. We'll miss you. If one thing is for certain as we head towards the final game of the season, Stokes is well and truly above the level of this squad, already making his intention to move on clear before I took the reigns in Torquay. A second half hat-trick ensures the club remains at least mathematically in with a shot at survival with just one game remaining. In Eoghan we trust.

April 2021
National League

3idZW6.png

Well. This isn't going entirely to plan...

Showing us just how to pull off a dramatic escape from the depths, Eastleigh power their way out of the drop-zone and firmly into safety leaving us on the cusp of a cruel relegation. With both Blyth and Gateshead now within two points, we certainly have a chance to claw our way out but it's going to be easy. Thankfully I have a solid track record at this level.

Whilst the entirety of Torquay uncomfortably await the final game of the season we can take some pride in another deserved monthly award...
qLLgiZ.png

Our lethal finishing, rapid striker scoops his first award of the season but it certainly won't be his last. The Irish sharpshooter has been crucial since my arrival to the club but unfortunately I can't see him remaining with the Gulls, his talent alone will see him soon grow well beyond the level of this club...

May 2021​

KMUvMX.png

1st May 2021
National League

zzMQkb.png

Well. That was decisive. Needing to at least win the game, we fall at the first hurdle as AFC Flyde ease their way to a four goal lead. Predictably Stokes once again refused to take the easy route out, with the club three goals down our talismanic striker fired back with a late brace to at least see us spiral out of the National League with some degree of pride.
7aQAfg.png

May 2021
National League

su4er8.png

Well I just keep scooping up new lows...

In cruelest of fashions, had we managed to ****** the win in the final game, we would have survived. Doesn't that just fill you with...joy. What I hadn't realised is that Torquay foolishly signed me up for a two year contract, so for yet one more season, I'm heading back to the bottom of the ladder...Guess i should be relieved?

Unlucky with the relegation but with the extra year at least you can still be getting paid. Although maybe more elsewhere

You made a good effort at it though mate, I’d be surprised if nobody gives you a shot at this level again next season.

To be fair... you were 5pts off safety when you joined and ended up only 2pts behind. And the club took 28 games to accumulate 23pts - you doubled your points in only 18 games...

Cruel relegation, but definite positives to take.