SEASON 2016/2017 - APRIL [PART ONE]
View attachment 291245
PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 1st: Chelsea [away]
W 4-2
Isco [24] Wellington Nem [32] Aydogan [62] Eriksen [76]

Lovren [40] Depay [67]
MOM: Wellington Nem [8.8]

*A fantastic performance by us at the Bridge, each time they thought they were back in the game we pulled another goal ahead, they had no answer to our forward play as each 1 of my 4 attacking players got a goal!*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2nd LEG
Wed 5th: Manchester United [home]
W 1-0
Eriksen [44]

Rooney missed pen [13]
MOM: Ranguin [9.0]
[2-2 on agg. Everton win on away goals]

*A heroic rear guard performance saw us through tonight, lady luck was on our side as Rooney's penalty was blazed over, our defence stood firm and we progress via the away goals rule once again!*

---Everton to face Inter Milan in Champions League Semi-Final---

*We haven't played against Inter since I took the reigns at Goodison so I'm looking forward to pitting my wits against the famous Italian side, we have a good record against Italian teams and hope that continues as we are so close to that final!*

FA CUP SEMI FINAL
Sun 9th: Tottenham [Wembley]
L 0-2
Ranguin og [70] Rodrigo [87]

*There will be no hat-trick of FA Cup wins for us this year! Bogey team strike again as we were much the better side but in fairness they took their chances and deserve to be in the final because of that. Rodrigo becomes the 4th ex-player to score against us this season.*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 12th: Newcastle [home]
W 3-1
Ranguin [14] Eriksen [44] Ranguin sent off [73] Aydogan [83]

Ba [17]
MOM: Greenwood [8.9]

*Newcastle are having a very poor year and are in serious danger of being relegated! We outperformed them here with ease, even when we were down to 10 men!*

Sat 15th: Manchester City [away]
D 1-1
Ademilson [12]
Cabaye [7]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.6]

*All the action happened early in this one and the rest of the match was played out as a sort a stalemate. Good to see Ademilson score, he's had few niggles since his arrival and has not had a chance to get going, that and the amazing form of Aydogan this season!*​

Next time: April Part Two - Both CL Semi final games vs Inter, an unwanted record is ours and we do something we've never done before!

SEASON 2016/17 - APRIL [PART TWO]
View attachment 291363

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 1st LEG
Wed 19th: Inter Milan [home]
W 3-0
Eriksen [21] Kirchhoff [59] Aydogan [80]
MOM: Kirchhoff [9.0]

*A fantastic 1st leg performance from us here, we got ourselves some goals but more importantly kept a clean sheet. I now make us favourite to advance to the final. but we need to stay professional and get the job done in the second leg!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 22nd: Leeds [home]
W 1-0
Kirchhoff [74]

*A solid win here, Amazingly we clinch the league title if we win our next match, such is our lead at the top!*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 2nd LEG
Tue 25th: Inter Milan [away]
L 2-3
Eriksen [13, 21]
Vrsaljko og [28] Tassi [70,74]
MOM: Eriksen [8.9]

*We are in the Final! I'm not unhappy about the defeat as its probably my fault. After scoring our two goals I felt the tie was safe so I had the players relax and took a few of them off to give them a rest, Inter kept at us and got a deserved victory on the night but we are through to our 3rd CL final in 4 years!!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 29th: Southampton [away]
W 2-1
Aydogan [23] Kirchhoff [55]

Rodriguez [73]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.3]

View attachment 291364Everton win the Premier League!

*We've retained our title! There are 3 games remaining but we've won the league in April! A remarkable achievement! Our form this year has been brilliant and this accolade is richly deserved! What makes this really good for us is that I can now rest players for the remainder of the season so we have a fully fit team to face CL holders PSG in the final next month! Delighted with the Title win but I want that 3rd Champions League win too!*

Everton Players of the Month:
View attachment 291365View attachment 291366
Christian Eriksen & Jan Kirchhoff
Both have been fantastic this month and deserve to share this award

League Table:
View attachment 291367Title is ours with 3 games to spare!!!

Next time: May - Final 3 league games bring lots of goals including a 7 goal thriller on derby day! Month ends with the all important CL Final vs Paris St Germain!

SEASON 2016/2017 - MAY [part one]
View attachment 291393

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 3rd: Liverpool [home]
W 4-3
Eriksen [6] Aydogan [38, 55] Wellington Nem [90+3]
Suarez [3, 50] Leiva [62]

*There's nothing like getting on over on your rivals, even sweeter when the winner comes deep into stoppage time! We love these battles against our Merseyside rivals. We've already won the league but I played a strong side just for the bragging rights!*

---Totteham win the FA Cup---

*It should have been us in that final but at least we can say we lost out to the winners!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sun 7th: Aston Villa
W 2-1
Aydogan [22, 71]

Ninis [70]
MOM: Aydogan [8.8]

*Esref Aydogan has over 30 league goals this season, he has done brilliantly for us and a big reason why we retained our league title*

Sun 14th: Cardiff [home]
W 5-1
Aydogan [31, 65, 78, 90] Eriksen [43]

Adam [51]
MOM: Aydogan [9.8]

*A stunning performance to send the fans home happy after a great season! Aydogan helped himself to 4 more goals and finishes the campaign with a remarkable 37 goals from 36 appearances!*

Final League Table:
View attachment 291394
Remarkably we win the league by an astonishing 17 points! Just as remarkable is that Stoke City qualify for the Champions League!

---Esref Aydogan named Players Player of the Year---

---Duncan Greenwood named Players Young Player of the Year---

---Tony Pulis named Manager of the Year, Smith in 3rd behind Chris Hughton of Norwich---

Next time: May [part two] Champions league final vs PSG and End of season news and more awards

SEASON 2016/2017 - MAY [part two]
View attachment 291411
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
Sat 20th: Paris St Germain [San Siro]
W 3-1
Witsel sent off [35] Sirigu og [61] Aydogan [p.83] Kirchhoff [85]

Lucas Moura [72] Bradley sent off [82]
MOM: Ranguin [8.9]

View attachment 291412
Everton win the Champions League!

*An incredible night for us! I obviously feared the worst when Axel Witsel got his marching orders in the first half! His discipline was really poor! But the rest of the lads dug deep and we were able to get our noses in front with half an hour remaining!

PSG fought back and eventually pegged us back ten minutes later; However the game turned in our favour when Mike Bradley gave away a penalty and got sent off! Esref Aydogan calmly slotted home for his 100th career goal for Everton, he has only just turned 19! Captain Jan Kirchhoff made sure of the win for us, powering a header home from a corner! We have had a remarkable season and the lads deserve all their success!!!*

---Everton set record for worst discipline in Champions League history with 31 yellow cards and 4 red---

---Everton announce new kit sponsorship worth £14.75 million per season, almost doubles the previous deal---

---Everton's reputation reaches Worldwide---

View attachment 291413

---Jan Kirchhoff named Everton Fans Player of the Year [8.01 rating]---

---Esref Aydogan finishes with 56 goals from 50 games [+10 from 13 in internationals]---

*So that's another season in the books, we retained our league title in some style and also managed to win back the CL trophy! Really pleased with the performance of the squad, some of the youngsters are really developing into stars and there is now a good mix of youth and experience in the squad. I'm already looking forward to next season. I have my eye on 1 or 2 talents I want to bring to the club and I already know who is no longer going to be in my plans!*

Next Time: Season 2017/2018 is upon us: Transfer Business - 3 Big names arrive as a few have to leave!

Quality success once again, I cant believe how good your team is!! Cant wait for the next update to see your transfers. keep up the good work mate!! Not tempted to get another job yet?!!

Quality success once again, I cant believe how good your team is!! Cant wait for the next update to see your transfers. keep up the good work mate!! Not tempted to get another job yet?!!

Thanks, I've had a good transfer window and happy with my purchases! Not tempted to leave Everton but am frustrated that I have to keep selling players so I can stay in the black! Will try updating a few months tonight

What did I say! Go and make it three out of four! Haha. Congrats mate, just showed my dad who's an Evertonian and he just had a smug look on his face, haha. Congrats again. Looking forward to seeing which big names you've signed now.

What did I say! Go and make it three out of four! Haha. Congrats mate, just showed my dad who's an Evertonian and he just had a smug look on his face, haha. Congrats again. Looking forward to seeing which big names you've signed now.

Thanks mate, you won't have to wait too long, I'll start typing up some stuff in a bit

Everton are obviously a popular side to manage, don't know why though because the Chairman and his Successor are Tight Gits! lol

Well yeah haha we've both experienced it, I'm doing better than I expected now I have got my first season after promotion out the way!!

SEASON 2017/2018 - TRANSFERS

View attachment 291583

Players Out:

Axel Witsel to Dortmund for £35.5 million
James Rodriguez to Ath. Madrid for £23 million
Thibault Courtois to Monaco for £21 million
Jack Butland to Spurs for £1.5 million
Sergio Canales to Ath. Madrid on loan (£1.2 mil per month)
Ross Barkley to Man City on loan (£325k per month)
Mattia Destro to Wolfsbury on loan (£150k per month)

*Witsel was sold after nearly costing us the CL final! No in all honesty I felt he was on the decline so wanted to keep my midfield fresh, Rodriguez missed a lot last season through injury so felt it was better to sell him now whilst he still had value. Courtois wasn't progressing as I wanted, made quite a few errors too! Butland is nowhere near the 1st team! Canales and Barkley weren't going to see much playing time this year so got some value out of them too! Destro goes out on loan again to prove his fitness to me.

I also managed to rake in around another £20 million by selling off a bunch of youths that were in my reserve team and weren't going to break through...Total income made was in excess of £101 million!

Now for the New Boys:

View attachment 291584View attachment 291585View attachment 291586

Rosado was snapped up in January on a free, I actually tried for Liroz and Torres then too but they asked for way too much! Imagine my surprise when Real Madrid released them on Free Transfers! They didn't ask for so much now so I was delighted to sign them both up!

Bastian the Blue!

View attachment 291587View attachment 291597

That's right, the Pig Farmer from Munich is now a Toffee! Bastian Schweinsteiger signed for £1.4 million, even at the age of 32 I feel he can do a job for us for a year or two.

The Pole in Goal!

View attachment 291588View attachment 291592

After being quoted £74 million for Ter Stegen I quickly turn my attention to the Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny. He cost us a princely sum at £29 million but I feel he will be worth every penny, winning us points on his own.

The Belgian Wizard!

View attachment 291595View attachment 291596

I really had pinch myself when I realised that my number one target Eden Hazard became transfer listed and would only cost £29 million! He was really unhappy at Chelsea as they'd been doing terrible lately. I had to fight of serious competition from Man City to get him to sign but fortunately he chose us and he'll be a fantastic addition to my talented group!

So that's my transfer business for this window done, Managed to spend just under £60 million and raked in around £101 million so that should keep the Chairman happy and keep us in the Black for another year...So now its onto what I hope will be another successful season for us!

Next time: Pre-season and August

SEASON 2017/2018 - PRE-SEASON AND AUGUST
[this season I will provide a brief summary at the end of each month as I find I'm saying the same old stuff after each match, unless its a match where something significant happens]

View attachment 291627

Season Expectations:

Win the Premiership
Semis of CL
Final of FA Cup

I fully expect to accomplish 2 out of the 3, obviously I want a 3rd league title but a 4th Champions League success would be nice too!

Pre-season:

Wolfsburg [away] W 3-0
Philadelphia [away] W 2-0
DC United [away] W 4-1
MK Dons [away] W 5-0

---Goodison Park now holds a capacity of 50,000---

COMMUNITY SHIELD
Sun 13th vs Tottenham [Wembley]
W 1-0
Greenwood 73

A scrappy game as players were still getting to full fitness, but its another trophy to us and that's what matters!

PREMIER LEAGUE KICK OFF
Sun 20th vs Stoke [home]
W 4-1
Pascual [13] Aydogan [28] Hazard [45] Kirchhoff [75]

Hughes [55]

Sun 27th vs Arsenal [away]
W 1-0
Eriksen [44]

---Champions League Group G---
Everton, Porto, Celtic and Omonoia Nicosia

---
*2 wins out of 2 in the league, can't ask for more than that. We beat last years surprise package Stoke easily and grinded out a tough victory away at Arsenal. The players are still getting to full fitness and once they are there I expect big things this season!*

Everton Player of the Month:
View attachment 291628
Jan Kirchhoff

Next time: September - Super Cup vs David Moyes' Dortmund, CL kicks off and a smattering of League games too

SEASON 2017/2018 - SEPTEMBER
View attachment 291634

SUPER CUP
Fri 1st vs Dortmund [N]
D 1-1 [Everton win 4-2 on pens]
Wellington Nem [24]

Jonsson [65]

View attachment 291635
Everton win the Super Cup

*A close game which I knew it would be! Our new Polish Keeper Wojciech Szczesny was the hero by saving 2 penalties in the shoot-out, repaying his transfer fee already!*

---Vincent out for 6 weeks---

*Maguin will take his spot at Left Back and we hope he recovers quicker than the prognosis*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 16th vs Chelsea [away]
W 2-0
Aydogan [13] Rosado [55]

Mascherano sent off [20]
MOM: Ranguin [8.8]

---Ademilson injured for 3 weeks---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Wed 10th vs Porto [home]
D 0-0

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 23rd vs Norwich [away]
W 3-1
Aydogan [9, 49] Kieftenbeld og [85]

Rossi [42]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.8]

CAPITAL ONE CUP 3rd ROUND
Tue 26th vs Derby [away]
L 0-1
Maynard [36]

PREMIER LEAGUE [My 300th game in charge!]
Sat 30th vs Southampton [home]
W 2-0
Schweinsteiger [65] Wellington Nem [81]
MOM: Wellington Nem [8.0]

---Eden Hazard injured for 3 weeks---

*A great start to the month as we won some more silverware, Hazard got a victory over his old employers. We were off the pace against Porto but bounced back to beat a spirited Norwich side. Our Youngsters fell to defeat against Derby but the Main Team came back and beat Southampton in my 300th game as boss! We've suffered some early injuries already and hopefully this trend does not continue as I want a settled starting 11 as soon as possible.*

View attachment 291633
Wellington Nem

Next time: October - Only 4 games due to Internationals but Everton suffer a shock defeat!

SEASON 2017/2018 - OCTOBER
View attachment 291637

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Tue 3rd vs Celtic [away]
L 0-1
Schildenfeld [62]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 7th vs Aston Villa [home]
W 3-0
Wellington Nem [8] Eriksen [37] Aydogan [75]
MOM: Ranguin [8.9]

---International Break---

Sat 21st vs Cardiff [away]
W 4-1
Hazard [43] Aydogan [71] Greenwood [78] Isco [90+1]

Macheda [12]
MOM: Isco [9.0]

---Hazard injured for 5 weeks---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Tue 24th vs Omonoia [home]
W 1-0
Kirchhoff sent off [55] Ranguin [65]
MOM: Ranguin [8.7]

*A real Jekyll and Hyde month from us, really good in the league but definitely struggling in this years Group stage of the Champions League, perhaps we are taking it too lightly thinking we'll qualify easily? That won't be the case as we've done poorly in our 3 matches and have 2 tough away games to come! Really disappointed to lose Eden Hazard for 5 weeks, he'd just got back to fitness and broke down again after the Cardiff match!*

View attachment 291638Leonel Ranguin

Next Time: November - Strangely only 4 games again this month, one **** of a fixture pile up looms I think!

SEASON 2017/2018 - NOVEMBER
View attachment 291640

PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 4th vs West Ham [home]
W 4-1
Isco [6, 83] Aydogan [13] Eriksen [31]

Morison [50]
MOM: Isco [8.8]

---Duncan Greenwood injured for 6 weeks---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Wed 8th vs Omonoia [away]
W 3-1
Wellington Nem [24] Eriksen [40, 85]

Alves [13]
MOM: Eriksen [9.0]

---International Break---

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 25th vs Middlesbrough [home]
W 3-0
Kirchhoff [5] Rosado [45+3] Aydogan [80]
MOM: Pascual [8.7]

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Tue 28th vs Porto [away]
W 2-1
Wellington Nem [2] Eriksen [19]

Souza [72]
MOM: Ranguin [9.2]

---Rosado injured for 3 weeks---

*A great month for us, 4 wins out of 4 and we are back on track in Europe, managing to qualify for the Knockout stage along with Celtic with one game to spare, I'll be able to rest some players for the final group game as the result won't be important! Our start in the league is the best ever, with 9 wins out of 9! Can't ask for much more than that!*

Everton Player of the Month
View attachment 291639
Christian Eriksen

Next time: December - Busy month! Club World Championships plus our 100% record goes...

Back