The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
Thanks guys! Amazed myself really but after what happened against PSG and then Barca I hope my luck would hold in the final and it did!

Didn't expect success so soon hence calling the story a 'Grind' lol, but it is one **** of a challenge and really enjoying it, currently midway through Season 3 but my fingers need a rest from typing...Might update again later though.

Thanks to everyone who is reading and hopefully enjoying.

Your sucess was only possible because you've played in the best stadium of Europe. lol kiding.
Congratulations and great story so far!

JULY/AUGUST 2014
TRANSFERS AND PRE-SEASON

View attachment 289094

***Back off holiday and straight down to business. Bill Kenwright informed me that having such success was a double-edged sword for a club such as ours, as a huge amount of the profits made last season had been distributed amongst the shareholders, leaving me with a paltry transfer budget of around £13 million! To be honest I was expecting such a thing to happen so I had identified who I could allow to leave the club and I knew how much I need to raise to get my targets in. I was looking for another Central Advanced Playmaker as I felt Wellington Nem could be just as effective down the right side. I was still looking at bargains and for players with a reasonable sell on value...Here's who left the club...***

Transfers Out:

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kevin Mirallas[/TD]
[TD]Napoli[/TD]
[TD]£20.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dedryck Boyata[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]£8.25 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Shane Duffy[/TD]
[TD]Cardiff[/TD]
[TD]£5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leon Osman[/TD]
[TD]Blackpool[/TD]
[TD]£60k[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bryan Oviedo[/TD]
[TD]QPR[/TD]
[TD]Loan £60k p/m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jack Butland[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]Loan £30k p/m[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

***Very sad to see Mirallas go as he had done great things for the club, namely scoring the winning goal in the CL final, but I felt I had better talent available for his Right wing spot and the money could be spent getting my targets to the club. Boyata never really broke into the team so a healthy profit was made on him. Amazed to get that much for Duffy, he never played a game under my management but newly promoted Cardiff obviously felt he was worth that amount. Osman was too old for my side and wanted his wages off the payroll, Oviedo couldn't finalise a transfer so had to be loaned out and Butland wants first team football so I granted his loan wish. A host of youngsters also went out on loan to gain vital first team experience.***

Transfers In:

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Isco[/TD]
[TD]Malaga[/TD]
[TD]£17.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Javier Hernandez[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD]£7 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thomas Drage[/TD]
[TD]Mallorca[/TD]
[TD]£5.75 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Isaac Cuenca[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]£5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Daniel Howatson[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]£1.1 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ahmed Abdel Maguid[/TD]
[TD]West Ham[/TD]
[TD]£600k[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

***Delighted with all my signings! Our new found reputation in Europe enabled me to entice young Spanish starlet Isco to the club, I had to meet his release clause to get him and spent nearly half my budget! I wasn't really looking to bring a Striker to the club as I have Destro, Rodrigo and youngsters Greenwood, Beard and Aydogan who can all play there, But I could not pass up the transfer listed Hernandez for £7 million, he's a proven goalscorer and I know there is a profit to be made if he doesn't work out, however I feel Javier will score some vital goals for us. Drage is a young Scandinavian talent I have purchased to backup my midfield and Cuenca really impressed me on loan so I decided to make the transfer permanent. Howatson and Maguid are very talented youngsters who will see limited game time but I like to by my future stars young and develop their careers.***

Pre-Season 2014

Sat. 19th July: Glentoran [Away] W 4-0
Sat. 26th July: Hereford [Away] W 1-0
Sat. 2nd August: Preston [Away] D 2-2
Wed. 6th August: Ath. Madrid [Home] D 0-0
Sat. 9th August: Galatasaray [Away] W 7-2

***Once again I set my match instructions and left the team in the capable hands of my Assistant for these games, we performed very well and the result against Galatasaray might well raise some eyebrows across Europe, we have to prove to the elite that last year was not a fluke and Everton are becoming a real force in the game. It will take a lot of hard work but as the last 2 seasons have proved, we are up for the challenge!***

Next time: Premier League kicks off....Super Cup vs Fenerbache...

AUGUST 2014

View attachment 289102
The season begins...
Super Cup Glory beckons...

EXPECTATIONS:
Finish in the Top 4 of the league
Win a Domestic Cup
Win Super Cup
Win Word Championships
Quarter Finals of Champions League

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 16th: Blackburn [Away]
W 2-1
Adryan (48) Destro (89)
Dorrans (20)
MOM: Jagielka [8.8]

***A tidy, if not spectacular opening game...I can think of easier places to begin our campaign so delighted with the win here, Jagielka picking up where he left off last season with a commanding performance at the back.***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 23rd: Stoke City [Home]
D 2-2
Adryan (26) Wellington Nem (36)
N'Zonzi (53) Crouch (63)

***Stoke are a tricky side to play against but there can be no excuses for throwing away a 2 goal lead, we were far too complacent in the second half and it cost us 2 points...Maybe the players were thinking about the big game on Friday but we really need to be winning these home games even at this early stage of the season.***

View attachment 289105

UEFA SUPER CUP
Friday 29th: Fenerbache [Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff]

W 2-1
Hernandez (71, 90+1)

Sow (6)
MOM: Hernandez [8.6]

View attachment 289107
EVERTON WIN THE SUPER CUP

***Over the moon to win this trophy but we didn't deserve it, the Turkish side should have been out of sight and it took a marvellous cameo from Javier Hernandez, only on the pitch for 30 mins, to win the cup for his with a brilliant brace of goals. I knew signing him was a good idea and he has already repaid some of his transfer fee with this performance...***

Champions League Draw: Group G - Everton, Paris St Germain, Napoli, Red Bull Salzburg

Everton Player of the Month for August:

View attachment 289108
Adryan
2 goals in 3 games and a very promising start to the season from the young man

Next time: September...Champions League defence begins...Capital One Cup defence ends!

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER 2014

View attachment 289109

Champions League begins...
1st League loss...
Capital One Cup disaster...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 13th: Newcastle [Home]
W 2-0
Wellington Nem (35) Destro (47)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

***Solid performance against a team we usually struggle against, the team are playing some lovely football, nice to see a clean sheet too. Very happy with the win***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

Tuesday 16th: Paris St Germain [Home]
D 1-1
Thiago Silva og (10)
Ibrahimovic (79)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***PSG were out for revenge after we dumped them out last year. We got our noses ahead early and worked tirelessly the entire game only for Swedish Superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic to rescue a point for them! I wasn't too hard on the boys as it was an unstoppable strike but these home points are vital in the group stage!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 20th: Manchester City [Away]
L 2-3
Isco (33) Adryan (80)
Tevez (10) Silva (50) Y.Toure (54)

***Its always tough to play away after a CL game but doubly harder when your opponents are Oil rich City! We put up a good fight but 2 quick second half goals knocked the wind out of us and we could claw our way back. Spanish starlet Isco scored his first goal for the club which I was delighted with.***

CAPITAL ONE CUP 3rd ROUND
Tuesday 23rd: Southampton [Away]
L 1-2 aet
Aydogan (105+1)
Rodriquez (94, 103)

***We won it last season but this year we crash out at the first hurdle! I'm not too upset about this as I did play a team comprising of reserves and youths. Esref Aydogan, the German youngster I prised away from Dortmund last year, scored his first senior goal and at the age of 16 is already displaying an abundance of promise, I predict big things for this young man and he will benefit from being in and around the 1st team***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 27th: West Brom [Home]
W 3-1
Poli (23) Hernandez (67) Howatson (78)
Yacob (90+1)

***Back to winning ways here with a good performance against a struggling Baggies side. Bossed the midfield and scored at demoralizing times for the opponents. Glad to see young English CB Howatson score on his debut, he is another who will benefit from being around the first team this year. Disappointed to concede late on however.***

Everton Player of the Month for September:
View attachment 289115Jan Kirchhoff
2 MOM Awards and great defensive play this month

Screenies of the New Kids:

Daniel Howatson, Esref Aydogan, Matt Lucas, Dayle Watts, Ahmed Abdel Maguid & Daryl Hornby

View attachment 289123

Next time: October - 8 goals in Naples...Season changing Injuries!

Last edited:
Can you post a screenie of your squad mate? Interested to see how they've progressed.

Also think you made a mistake selling Boyata. 3rd season at Newcastle and he's had a 7.9 average and is on of the best CBs on the game.

Great read mate, keep it up.

Can you post a screenie of your squad mate? Interested to see how they've progressed.

Also think you made a mistake selling Boyata. 3rd season at Newcastle and he's had a 7.9 average and is on of the best CBs on the game.

Great read mate, keep it up.

Thanks for the comments mate, I'll take a screenie of the squad at the end of the current season and post it then as I'm currently in March (game time) so got a bit of posting to catch up!

Boyata didn't do that great for me, I didn't really give him much of a chance but got some good youth prospects here so hopefully won't miss him - And with Everton's finances any profit is always a good thing!

Great work mate! Can't believe you won the champions league.
Can't believe United let him go, he's scoring for fun on my save with united

OCTOBER 2014

View attachment 289347

Ruthless Cavani in Naples...
Spurs too strong...
Potentially fatal injuries to the squad...

Wednesday 1st: Napoli [Away]
L 3-5
Hernandez (20, 74) Cuenca (48)
Politevich (11) Cavani (76, p.83, 88, 90+3)

***It was looking great for us when we too a 3-1 lead, but then the talented Edinson Cavani decided to stamp his name on the game, which he did to the tune of 4 goals, he tore through our tired defence in the final stages of the game to deny us what would have been vital points away from home***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunday 5th: Tottenham [Away]
L 0-2
M'Vila (30) Bale (70)

***Once again we have an extremely tough game to follow a CL match, Spurs were too strong for us, once the second goal went in we had no way back, we must get back to winning ways soon***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 18th: QPR [Home]
W 2-0
K. Toure og (68) Wellington Nem (87)

***We took a long time to get going in this one but once we finally hit our stride QPR didn't have any answers to our attacking play***

Breaking News:
***Adryan out for 6 months with a broken leg***
***Mattia Destro out for 3 months with a torn hamstring***
***Moussa Sissoko out for 6 weeks with strained knee ligaments***

***Well they say bad news comes in 3's and this couldn't of happened at a worse time for us, this leave me very light in CM and I'll be asking Isco to drop back and play a role deeper than he's accustomed to! Hernandez will see more time up front and Aydogan shall be called up from the youth side***

Wednesday 22nd: Red Bull Salzburg [Away]
W 5-0
Isco (41) Hernandez (45, 51, 63) Douglas og (74)

MOM: Javier Hernandez [9.6]

***A sublime performance from Hernandez sees him strike a fine hat-trick as we notch our first win in this years CL competition against the minnows from Austria, they say that there are no easy games but this one was pretty simple for us, no new injuries to report thankfully***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 25th: West Ham [Home]
W 3-0
Kirchhoff (6) Jagielka (31) Cuenca (34)

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.8]

***Our third game in a row with a clean sheet, things are looking at the back, it was our defenders who also did the majority of the scoring in this match too so all the plaudits must go to them***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 25th: Wolves [Away]
D 0-0

Wellington Nem injured for 3 weeks

***Yet another 1st team regular goes down to injury, it was a bad tackle that caused it and thankfully he's not out for longer! We are having to rely a bit too much on our youngsters at present as the squad is being stretched pretty thin. I hope November will be injury free and that we can get back to winning ways as soon as possible!***

Everton Player of the Month for October:
View attachment 289367
Javier Hernandez

5 goals and doing well in Destro's absence

*League tables will be published from next month - we are currently in 3rd but 8 points behind leaders Man City*

Next time: November...A Job offer that could change everything....

NOVEMBER 2014 [PART ONE]

View attachment 289447

Not the best month for the blues...
Huge job is offered...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 1st: Southampton [Away]
W 4-1
Hernandez (3, 16, 26, 90+1)
Mayuka (81)
MOM: Javier Hernandez [9.8]

***Outstanding display of goal scoring from Hernandez, proving that he is more than capable of deputising for the injured Destro***

Newsflash *QPR sack Mark Hughes - Appoint Ian Holloway*

Tuesday 4th: Red Bull Salzburg [Home]
W 2-0
Greenwood (70) Aydogan (90+1)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

***We were poor and complacent in this game, it took my youngsters from off the bench to get the win for us, our CL position is looking a lot healthier now with 7 points from 4 games, a win in our next match will see us through***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 8th: Cardiff [Home]
W 3-2
Rodrigo (14) Hernandez (32) Greenwood (70)
Boselli (22) Johnson (77)

***Amazingly we played the final 25 minutes of this match with only 9 men, no sooner had I made my third and final change, Hernandez pulled up followed shortly by Poli! We conceded a goal before I could reshuffle properly but we managed to see out the game and hold on for the win***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Tuesday 11th: Wigan [Away]
L 0-2
Watson (p.59) Di Santo (79)

***I had to field a very inexperienced side here, we fought well for an hour but as tiredness crept in the opposition took advantage, we need to bounce back on Saturday***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 15th: Fulham [Home]
W 2-0
Cuenca (20) Greenwood (p.83)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.1]

***And bounce back we did with a superb victory, missing 5 regular starters here but we played as a unit and did the simple things right and took our chances...

I got a call from my agent after the match...

'CHELSEA want you as their new manager!'

Their squad is who's who of European and Worldwide stars, I'd no longer have to put up with the financial constraints that I'm currently under...Maybe I'd be a fool to turn it down?

I certainly have plenty to think about as Mr. Abramovich wants my decision in the morning...***

Next time: November Part Two....Decision time...

NOVEMBER 2014 [PART TWO]

View attachment 289496

SMITH STAYS AT EVERTON, REJECTS CHELSEA APPROACH!

***Well I suppose you can call me stupid, I turned down the Russian's millions! I came to Everton to earn success and I'm not about to walk out on the club now. Chelsea aren't even in the Champions League at present so I felt it would actually be a step down! Anyway with that distraction dealt with I have to now focus on our next match, away at Old ****** Trafford!***

Chelsea hire Dan Petrescu as manager.
West Ham sack Sam Allardyce, appoint Mark Hughes.

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 22nd: Manchester United [Away]
L 2-3
Aydogan (68, 76)
Rooney (30) Kagawa (70) Isco og (88)

***I thought my young starlet Aydogan had rescued the game for us only for heartbreak in the dying minutes as Isco deflected the ball past Howard, we worked so hard all game and left with nothing, Our league results need to improve otherwise we risk losing touch with the leaders***

Tottenham sack Andre Villas Boas, appoint Marco Bielsa

Wednesday 26th: Paris St Germain [Away]
W 2-1
Hernandez (11) Jagielka (24)
Gameiro (52)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.9]

***A brilliant performance here in Paris, we took control early and closed the game out, this win means we qualify for the knockout stages with a game to go, quite remarkable after our awful first two games! Delighted with the effort shown by the squad***

West Bromich Albion sack Steve Clarke, appoint Tony Mowbray

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 29th: Aston Villa [Home]
W 4-2
Wellington Nem (16, 62) Kirchhoff (69) Aydogan (75)
Bent (24) Weimann (87)

***Every time we play Villa whether its home or away there always seems to be an abundance of goals! Today was no different as really put them to the sword, a late consolation for them gave the score an air of respectability! A fine ending to what has been quite a turbulent month at the club***

Everton Player of the Month for November:

Javier Hernandez
6 goals, was vital to our CL Campaign

League Table:

View attachment 289505
4th: Pleased to still be in touching distance after an up and down month

Next time: December 2014...Club World Championships...League form picks up dramatically...1st Merseyside derby of the season...

DECEMBER 2014

View attachment 289507

Great month in the league for the Toffees
Club World Championship takes place

Wednesday 3rd: Napoli [Home]
W 2-1
Greenwood (15, 41)
Cavani (76)
MOM: Duncan Greenwood (8.9)

***I gave the fringe players and kids a run out as qualification was in the bag, and boy didn't they do well! Stunning performance from young Duncan Greenwood who is developing nicely...Cavani scored his obligatory goal against us (5 in 2 games!)***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 6th: Arsenal [Home]
W 3-2
Sissoko (11) Kirchhoff (61) Szcezesny og (90+1)
Xhaka (7) Giroud (14)

***Its always a great feeling to come back and win against your rivals, it certainly helps when the opposing goalkeeper makes a howler in stoppage time, gifting us the win! We can now build on this momentum for our annual trip across Stanley Park***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunday 14th: Liverpool [Away]
W 3-0
Aydogan (12, 69) Sissoko (14)
MOM: Emret Aydogan [8.8]

***Mark my words, Emret Aydogan is going to be a star! Nothing seems to phase this young 16 year old lad, we were struggling with striking options here so he was thrust into the mix and what a performance from the boy! Beating our bitter rivals was the best send off we could have before travelling to Rabat for the Club World Championships***

CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Semi Final
Thursday 18th December: Guangzhou [N]
W 2-0
Sissoko (1) Griezmann (50)

***This was always going to be a tough game due to the amount of travelling involved, I took a small squad with me and we saw off the Chinese Champions with relative ease...Sao Paulo await us in the final on Sunday...***

Final
Sunday 21st December: Sao Paulo [N]
W 1-0
Isco (p.18)

View attachment 289510
Everton Win Club World Championship!!!
Isco wins Player of the Tournament

***Very proud to have won my 4th trophy as manager of Everton! In truth it was a dour final settled early on by a penalty from my Spanish wonderkid Isco! Winning this tournament makes the travelling worthwhile but I fear the fixture pile up we are now faced with might come back to haunt us...Back home to Blighty we go***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 27th: Stoke [Away]
W 3-0
Isco (p.2, p.40) Kirchhoff (36)
MOM: Andrea Poli [9.0]

***Away to Stoke is not what you need after the amount of travelling we've just been forced to do! But when gifted two soft penalties it makes life so much easier! 3 up and coasting at half-time, I was able to rest some players and we still saw the game out!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 31st: Chelsea [Home]
W 2-0
Wellington Nem (10) Rodrigo (17) Coleman sent off (36)

***What a month we've had, that's 5 clean sheets in a row! Thankfully we were two goals ahead when the youngster Coleman got himself sent off for a terrible tackle...But thanks to our two giants at the back we held off the onslaught that came our way and finished the month unbeaten...We now have a two week rest before our next game, we are tired, aching and bruised, the rest will do us good...See you in the New Year...***

Everton Player of the Month for December:
View attachment 289513
Jan Kirchhoff
2 MOM's and a big reason why we've kept 5 clean sheets in a row this month!

League Table:
View attachment 289515
Still in 4th, Utd are miles ahead but we do have 3 games in hand on everyone

Next time: January 2015 - Destro starts his rehab from injury but upstaged by youth fireworks! Some new arrivals at the club and two or three surprise departures

JANUARY 2015

View attachment 289775
Transfers Update

Quick update revealing the transfers finalised by Everton FC in this window...

Major Transfers Out:

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Player[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Club[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Neil Taylor[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Tottenham[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£17.25 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Thomas Drage[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Reading[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£8 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Lukas Hradecky[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£1.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Javier Hernandez[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Porto[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£1.2 million p/month[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Major Transfers In:

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Player[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Club[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Gregoire Vincent[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Lyon[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£10.25 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Thibaut Cortouis[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£5 million + player[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Thiago Motta[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]PSG[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£750k[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Ashley Cole[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£160k[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

***I was intending to have a relatively quiet transfer window, I wanted a new Goalkeeper to replace an ageing Tim Howard and a new RB to replace the under performing Coleman...

My plans were thrown into chaos when Spurs came in for my Left back Neil Taylor, an offer I could not refuse...A quick call to Chelsea enabled my to snap up experienced Ashley Cole, he will play when available and provide valuable experience to my two young LB's.

Chelsea also provided me with my new GK, I had been following Cortoius for a while and was delighted to get him so cheaply as I'd been quoted £20 million previously, Seamus Coleman was the make weight in this deal. I quickly signed young French star Vincent from Lyon, he came at a considerable cost but I believe he'll be worth every penny.

Thomas Drage was unsettled at the club and was sold for a quick profit...Experienced Midfielder Thiago Motta was drafted in to provide valuable cover to the Midfield.

Perhaps a surprise to many will be that I allowed Javier Hernandez to leave the club, a loan fee of £1.2 million a month was too hard to turn down, it would also give Esref Aydogan valuable playing time which will aid his development considerably!

I wish everyone well who departed and hope my new arrivals settle quickly and perform to the levels I expect***

Certainly not afraid to make a controversial deal or two! Good luck, How much is Ashley Coles wages i bet there more than his transfer fee!

Certainly not afraid to make a controversial deal or two! Good luck, How much is Ashley Coles wages i bet there more than his transfer fee!

Not too bad. He wanted 70k a week but I got him down to 60k a week so all in all a good deal I reckon...couldn't turn down the deal for Taylor and the money per month from Hernandez will come in handy!

JANUARY 2015

View attachment 289785
Mattia Destro returns from injury but upstaged by youngster!
FA Cup begins...
Solid league form continues....

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
Wednesday 14th: Norwich [Away]
W 3-1
Isco (14) Aydogan (37) Destro (81)
Morison (61)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.8]

***Isco has settled into the squad very well this season and the young Spanish wizard got us off to a great start at Carrow Road...Esref Aydogan got the start today and repaid my faith with a very tidy finish to double our lead...I was delighted to see Mattia Destro come back from his injury today, I gave him 15 minutes and he managed to score with a bullet header to seal the win for us. A long cup run hopefully beckons!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 17th: Newcastle [Away]
W 3-2
Poli (8) Aydogan (10) Griezmann (45+3)

Gutierrez (21) Dembele (32)
MOM: Andrea Poli [8.9]

***We got off to a great start here but were quickly pegged back, fortunately Griezmann struck on the brink of half time and we went to the break in a buoyant mood...The second half was understandably tighter and we held on to claim all three points!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Wednesday 21st: Blackburn [Home]
W 4-0
Aydogan (19, 22, 25) Hanley og (52)

MOM: Esref Aydogan [9.5]

***Esref Aydogan was outstanding here, tearing through the Blackburn defence at will and scoring a delightful hat-trick, the first of his professional career! Our form is very good at present and with key players coming back from injury things are looking good here at Goodison.***

FA CUP 4th ROUND

Saturday 24th: Sunderland [Away]
W 4-2
Sissoko (14, 26) Aydogan (35, 88)
Cole (22, 36)
MOM: Esref Aydogan [9.3]

***I'm running out of superlatives to give to Esref Aydogan, he was outstanding today, leading the line at just 16 years of age but showing remarkable maturity and deadly finishing instincts...***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Tuesday 27th: West Bromich Albion [Away]
D 4-4
Isco (18) Jagielka (47) Greenwood (p.65) Destro (75)

Berbatov (5, 44) Kirchhoff og (13) Lulic (33)

***A remarkable game of football, we were rubbish in the first half, going in at the break 4-1 down! I gave the boys the hairdryer treatment and thankfully they responded brilliantly, fighting back to level the game and rescue a point that not many would've predicted at that half! We need to improve in time for Saturday as we host Manchester City!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 31st: Manchester City [Home]
W 3-0
Aydogan (44) Isco (86) Greenwood (90+2)

MOM: Isco [8.9]

***A great performance here, young Aydogan scored again for us and as City pushed on late in the game we picked them off and put a bit of gloss on the scoreline! Well deserved win and we are now on a 9 game unbeaten run in the league!***

Everton Player of the Month for January:
View attachment 289815
Esref Aydogan
7 Goals, 2 MOM awards and a brilliant batch of performances from the young man!

League Table:
View attachment 289796
In 3rd, caught up a bit as now 9 points behind with 2 games in hand!

Next time: February - Mattia Destro is back with a BANG! Poor QPR....Impressive League run continues and a nervous night in Europe

Last edited:
FEBRUARY 2015

View attachment 289822

Incredible month for the Toffees
Destro back with a Bang!!!
Firing on all cylinders Domestically but a damp squib in Europe

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Tuesday 3rd: Tottenham [Home]
W 4-0
Destro (13,41, 54, 66)

MOM: Mattia Destro [9.8]
***Amazing performance from Destro, blitzing 4 goals against a team we've struggled against in the past, fantastic start to the month!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 7th: QPR [Away]
W 6-2
Destro (29, 57) Wellington Nem (59, 78) Aydogan (p.64, 90+1)
Jagielka og (16) Denilson (67)
MOM: Wellington Nem [9.3]

***Great work from us to see off the Hoops, we demolished them in the second half, I was able to rest a tired Destro on the hour and his replacement Aydogan chipped in with another 2 goals...We now welcome QPR to Goodison next week in the cup and we are full of confidence!***

FA CUP 5th ROUND

Saturday 14th: QPR [Home]
W 6-3
Destro (17, 27, 34, 49) Sissoko (24, 79)
Cisse (41) Howard og (55) Tarrabt (65)
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.6]

***We were out of sight at half time thanks to an amazing hat-trick from Destro, this guy is on fire for us this month, We were a bit complacent at the back in the 2nd half but still found two more goals to make it 12 in two games vs QPR! Our Cup run gathers pace! We have been drawn against bitter rivals Liverpool in the Quarter finals!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND

Wednesday 18th: Ath. Madrid [Away]
D 0-0

***A very average performance, We'd obviously left our shooting boots at home for this one and we are now in danger of going out as we could not find that crucial away goal! However I would always back my team at home so hopefully we can pull through this one!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 25th: West Ham [Away]
W 3-2
Destro (25, 78) Cuenca (51)
McFadden (58) Noble (86)
MOM: Mattia Destro [8.8]

***Destro cannot stop scoring this month, after being sidelined for 3 and a half months with injury he has come back and has been unstoppable, our third goal killed off the Hammers and they could only manage a late consolation...***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 28th: Southampton [Home]
W 3-1
Destro (p.16) Kirchhoff (29, 48)
Cole og (71)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.2]

***Ashley Cole made his debut for us in this match and was unfortunate to concede an own goal, it didn't matter too much as Destro and Kirchhoff had already made the game safe for us! What a month we've had, Top of the league and still fighting on all 3 fronts! I just hope we haven't peaked too early!***

Everton Player of the Month:
View attachment 289820
Mattia Destro
13 goals in 6 goals is staggering, what a performance!!!

League Table:
View attachment 289821
Top of the league after an incredible month for us coupled with our rivals slipping up! Hope our form holds!​

Next Time: March - Slim pickings at the Academy but talent found elsewhere...Can that man Destro continue his amazing form? Not the time of the season to pick up more injuries!

Back