Solid league form continues
Injuries rear their ugly head again...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 4th: Wolves [Home]
W 2-1
Iteme og (16) Wellington Nem (27)
Hooper (31)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.1]

***A scrappy game to start the month, all the action occurred in the first half an hour and I was pleased when the whistle went and another 3 points was in the bag, I'd rested a few starters with the FA Cup game in mind...***

FA CUP 6th ROUND
Saturday 7th: Liverpool [Away]
W 3-1
Sissoko (44)
Kirchhoff og (26)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***Games against our rivals tend to be close affairs and this was no different, we had to come from a goal behind as our habit of scoring own goals continued here, Kirchhoff made up for his error with a dominating display at the back however and we are confident of seeing them off at Home next time around***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND 2nd Leg
Tuesday 10th: Ath. Madrid [Home]
W 4-1
Destro (18, 27, 42) Isco (22)
N'Sue (90+2)
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.5]

***With a dominating display of attacking football we blitzed 4 goals in the first half here and Madrid didn't know what hit them! Falcao was kept quiet all night as Destro took the plaudits with a wonderful hat-trick! We are through to the Quarter-finals as our unlikely hopes of retaining the Champions League stay alive***

'Leverkusen eliminate Barcelona'

'Everton Drawn against Real Madrid!'

'Poor Youth Intake the year'
***Extremely disappointed with the quality of youngsters who arrived at the academy this year, I don't think any of them have the ability to make it at the club which is a shame.

On the bright side thought my scouting network has uncovered some potential gems and they have been bought our of their contracts and will arrive at the club in July when I can reveal them to the media***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 14th: Cardiff [Away]
W 2-1
Richardson og (28) Destro (33)
Adam (26)
MOM: Rodrigo [8.1]

***A tough game in South Wales but we reacted well to going a goal down, replying straight away and taking the lead soon after. We saw the game out comfortably and it was good to see Young Spanish forward Rodrigo getting rewarded for some fine wing play***

Injuries:

***Isco out for 3 weeks***
***Destro out for 3 weeks***

***Losing two of my Key players could really hinder us as we have some vital matches coming up against Liverpool and Real Madrid, Rodrigo will get his opportunity up front for the next few matches***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 18th: Wigan [Home]
W 5-2
Rodrigo (16) Cuenca (18) Kirchhoff (36) Wellington Nem (45+2, 60)
Di Santo (9) Kone (47)
MOM: Wellington Nem [9.3]

***Another 4 goal 1st half performance from us, we are terrifying when in attack as we have an abundance of pace from all directions! Wellington Nem dictated the play, moving infield from the Right in the absence of Isco. We go into the International break with a healthy 4 point lead at the top of the table!***

Everton Player of the Month for March:
View attachment 289838
Jan Kirchhoff
2 MOM performances, Jan is fast becoming a crowd favourite and his form has been brilliant.

League Table:
View attachment 289839

Next time: April - Massive month as FA Cup and CL takes centre stage and League form stutters

im playing an online game with my friend, im everton, hes liverpool..but im struggling to get jelavic, mirallas and pienaar to score, im in decembar, jelevic has 3, mirallas and pienaar both have 1..

do you have any advice?

Fantastic story so far mate :) I've just read through it all and I still can't believe you won the Champions League in only your second season...
Definitely will be following from now on :)

im playing an online game with my friend, im everton, hes liverpool..but im struggling to get jelavic, mirallas and pienaar to score, im in decembar, jelevic has 3, mirallas and pienaar both have 1..

do you have any advice?

What formation are you playing mate? I play a 4-2-3-1 formation, Jelavic up top as a DLF, I played Mirallas wide right as an IF or Supporting Winger, Pienaar either played Wide left or as an Advanced Playmaker...Jelavic was injured quite often for me as was Pienaar but Mirallas did very well in the DLF position - Hope that helps!

Fantastic story so far mate :) I've just read through it all and I still can't believe you won the Champions League in only your second season...
Definitely will be following from now on :)

Thanks for the follow, Should have time to finish writing up Season 3 this evening so look out for it :)

Well now I'm a fellow Everton manager I'll have to follow a few of your tips. Although I'm in the Championship:(

What formation are you playing mate? I play a 4-2-3-1 formation, Jelavic up top as a DLF, I played Mirallas wide right as an IF or Supporting Winger, Pienaar either played Wide left or as an Advanced Playmaker...Jelavic was injured quite often for me as was Pienaar but Mirallas did very well in the DLF position - Hope that helps!

I started my season the same formation as you but i had jelevic as a AF, mirallas was under performing wide right as a winger and so was peinaar so i changed my formation to a 4-5-1 with wing backs and its worked slightly better, now jelevic is a DLF but still not scoring loads :(

I started my season the same formation as you but i had jelevic as a AF, mirallas was under performing wide right as a winger and so was peinaar so i changed my formation to a 4-5-1 with wing backs and its worked slightly better, now jelevic is a DLF but still not scoring loads :(

I found teamtalks also helped, told them to relax in the early days then had a go at half-time if we were doing ****!
Train each player in your desired position and play Mirallas as an IF, First season I always played fluid/attacking unless playing the big boys then it was either Control or Counter.

I found teamtalks also helped, told them to relax in the early days then had a go at half-time if we were doing ****!
Train each player in your desired position and play Mirallas as an IF, First season I always played fluid/attacking unless playing the big boys then it was either Control or Counter.

okay i will try this thank you, hopefully i get as much success as you have gotten

also have you got any particular shouts and opposition instructions that are useful?

I don't bother with shouts and leave instructions to assistant! I make tweaks here and there against star players though!
I try to hold a team meeting quite often and always praise my players on their good form. Morale is so important in my opinion.

APRIL 2015

View attachment 289990

6 goal thriller in FA Cup Derby replay...
Blue sees red in Madrid...
Record set in game vs Villa!

FA CUP 6th ROUND REPLAY
Saturday 1st: Liverpool [Home]
W 4-2
Rodrigo (1, 42, 75) Skrtel og (4)
Suarez (37) Yarmolenko (45+2)
MOM: Rodrigo [9.6]

***It is a great feeling when you beat your bitter rivals, we threw away a 2 goal lead but managed to push on and score two more to win the tie, Rodrigo stepped in for Destro and provided a fair imitation of the Italian as he scored a marvellous hat-trick!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 14th: Fulham [Away]
D 1-1
Richardson og (28) Destro (33)
Adam (26)

***A poor result here but not a complete surprise as I rested many players ahead of our trip to the Bernabaeu! Rodrigo got on the score sheet again, he's had a quiet season so far but is coming good when we need him most***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 1st Leg
Wednesday 8th: Real Madrid [Away]
L 2-3
Rodrigo (26) Sissoko (49) Kirchhoff sent off (55)
Ronaldo (p.20) Higuain (27) Howard og (45+2) Ronaldo sent off (63)

***We have a chance! This was a frantic game with plenty of incident! Madrid were awarded a controversial penalty to take the lead, Rodrigo equalised for us but a minute later we were behind again! On the stroke of half-time Tim Howard was unfortunate to see the ball bounce back off the crossbar and hit him, just rolling over the line! In the second half we really showed our desire, pulling a goal back through Sissoko...Then Kirchhoff was sent off for a professional foul, he certainly saved a goal but in doing so put the rest of the game in jeopardy, It was all set to be one way traffic until Ronaldo received a second yellow card and had his marching orders! We defended resolutely and we go home with 2 priceless away goals and the knowledge that their star player Ronaldo will not be available in the second leg! a good victory at home against the Spanish giants will see us into the Semi Final!***

FA CUP SEMI FINAL
Saturday 11th: Arsenal [Wembley]
W 5-0
Rodrigo (30) Jagielka (p.40) Sissoko (64, 79) Aydogan (90+1)
MOM: Moussa Sissoko [9.2]

***We were obviously tired after the efforts in midweek but confidence is high and we are always motivated when it comes to the FA Cup; But never in my wildest dreams could I imagine a performance like this against tough opposition like Arsenal. We were fantastic to a man! Scoring at regular intervals and never giving them a sniff! Delighted to see young Adryan return from his horrendous broken leg too! We will now return to Wembley next month and I aim to win my first FA Cup! What a morale boosting win ahead of the huge game against Real Madrid on Tuesday...***

'Mattia Destro recovers in time to face Madrid'

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2nd Leg
Tuesday 14th: Real Madrid [Home]
W 3-0
Destro (7) Cuenca (73) Aydogan (76)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.4]

***I don't know what it is about my side but we are able to produce in the biggest games! Destro continued where he left off before his injury by scoring early...Madrid really missed Ronaldo, whereas Jagielka played brilliantly and marshalled our defence and provided us with such a solid platform! A fantastic result, European nights at Goodison Park are frequently becoming successful with some really good performances, delighted to dispatch the Spanish giants and now look forward to our next challenge***

'Champions League Semi Final Draw'
Manchester United vs Manchester City
Everton vs Juventus
***I am quietly confident of reaching our second successive final, we've avoided the Manchester clubs and face a familiar foe in Juve, the fact we are undefeated against them hopefully gives us the edge***

'Sissoko out for 5 weeks'

***Huge loss, Sissoko has been brilliant in Midfield this year and with Adryan still a while away from full fitness we now find resources extremely light in the middle of the park***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 18th: Aston Villa [Away]
D 6-6
Rodrigo (8, 64) Limbersky og (27) Motta (38) Destro (54, 74)
Kirchhoff og (5) Bent (35, 49, 63, 79) Marshall (71)

View attachment 290032
***Words fail me....Our Defenders failed us...A great game for the neutral but this could potentially be a hammer blow to our title chance! An Assistant informs me that in 7 games vs Villa, in my time in charge, there has been a total of 47 goals...47 in 7! That stat astounds me, I will keep an eye on this fixture in future and double our defensive preparation! The games are coming thick and fast now, we are starting to show signs of fatigue but we are still fighting on all fronts!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 22nd: Norwich [Home]
W 3-1
Cuenca (11) Wellington Nem (19) Bennett og (84)
Morison (76)
MOM: Phil Jagielka (8.7)

***A skeleton 1st eleven took the field today and did the business for us, it is so tight at the top and we need to pick up every point available***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 25th: Arsenal [Home]
D 3-3
Destro (5, 23) Griezmann (27)
Giroud (2, 11) Arteta (68)

***We let our lead slip here which was very disappointing, Destro is approaching full fitness again and looked sharp; Griezmann scored a rare goal, he has almost been an ever present this season out wide on the left but has been quietly going about his business, Arsene Wenger spoke to me after the game and declared he would be interested in signing him...I laughed and told him it would take a 'silly' offer for me to part with him, Griezmann hasn't exactly been setting the world alight this year but he is a solid consistent performer so hopefully I've put Arsene off with my comment!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 1st Leg
Tuesday 28th: Juventus [Home]
W 2-0
Wellington Nem (32) Destro (47)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.8]

***A Juventus side containing the likes of Llorente, Nani, Hummels, Vidal and Giovinco had no answer for us tonight! We are producing optimum performances at Home in these knock-out stages and tonight we gave another! The clean sheet is crucial as we travel to Turin next week knowing that if we score then we'll have one foot in a second successive CL final!***

Everton Player of the Month for April:
View attachment 290027Rodrigo
7 goals for the young Spaniard including a hat-trick in the Merseyside derby, making him an instant hero!

League Table:
View attachment 290028
3 points behind City with a game in hand, its going to be a tight finish! Unfortunately we have to play our final 3 games over 5 days and they aren't the easiest of fixtures!

Next Time: May - Goals Galore in Turin - but for who? League goes right down to the wire! FA Cup Final vs Bogey cup side Spurs!

Last edited:
I don't bother with shouts and leave instructions to assistant! I make tweaks here and there against star players though!
I try to hold a team meeting quite often and always praise my players on their good form. Morale is so important in my opinion.

tactical change has already worked, a good draw at home to chelsea, 1-1, we were 1-0 up until the 92nd minute but conceded a scrappy goal despite changing to contain :/ thank you :)

MAY 2015 [PART ONE]

View attachment 290056

The Italian Job...
Super Destro!
Final Countdown...
So Close we can taste it!

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 2nd: Chelsea [Away]
L 1-2
Motta (24)
Hazard (46) De Bryune (78)

***Chelsea is a tough place to go but I was extremely disappointed to lose this, especially after taking the lead, they caught us early in the second half and nicked another as the game entered its closing stages...The league might be beyond us now, it'll all become clear in the last week of the season where we have to negotiate three games! But now we have to do an Italian Job!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 2nd LEG
Wednesday 6th: Juventus [Away]
W 6-4 [Everton win 8-4 on aggregate]
Destro (22, 39, 61, p.87) Rodrigo (34) Griezmann (41)

Llorente (7, 43) Vucinic (19, 24) missed pen (20)

MOM: Mattia Destro [9.9]

***What....A....Game.... Unbelievable and utterly unpredictable! We were 3-1 down after 25 minutes and it should've been 4-1! but we fought back to make it 4-4 at the half...Juve were left needed 3 goals to win it so as they attacked we were able to pick them off and won the game at a canter! Mattia Destro was superb here, a near perfect performance from him, I pray he stays fit for these last 3 weeks of the season! We are in the Final for the second year running and get the chance to defend our CL Title! Everyone wrote us off but once again we prove all the doubters wrong!***

'Everton to face Manchester United in CL Final on May 30th at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff'

View attachment 290057
FA CUP FINAL
Sunday 10th: Tottenham [Wembley]
W 2-1
Rodrigo (10) Adryan (63)

Sandro (84)
MOM: Rodrigo (8.5)

EVERTON WIN THE FA CUP!!!

***I am so proud of my team, just days after a pulsating game in Turin we had to take to the energy sapping pitch of Wembley to face a Spurs team who have a good record against us in Cup games, but not today! I'll admit my side was slight understrength but I knew there was enough quality out there to see us to victory! Very happy to win my first FA Cup and I know how pleased the team and supporters are as a result! Its been a incredible year so far, we can potentially add the League and CL to our tally but there is a lot of work to be done!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 13th: Norwich [Away]
W 2-1
Wellington Nem (15) Destro (62)
Ward (88)

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***The lack of rest between games is really starting to affect us now, Fitness is becoming an issue but we stayed strong here against Norwich and killed them off with our second goal on the hour! 2 games to go and its all still to play for!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Friday 15th: Manchester United [Home]
D 1-1
Destro (20)
Rooney (11)

MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

***A prelude to the CL final perhaps? I hope not because we looked extremely jaded out there, fortunately we managed to hold off the Utd pressure and got a point to keep the pressure on Manchester City, with one game remaining we are level on points but City have a +2 goal difference advantage over us...Their final game is against Wolves....Ours? We host our city rivals...Liverpool, they will be doing everything in their power to stop us having a chance at winning the league! We have to better City's result by 2 goals...I imagine we'll have to score at least 6 but hey, stranger things have happened!!! In 2 days we'll find out!***

'Rumour has it that Bill Kenwright is looking to sell the club...Potential investors line up bids'

***That's all we need, with a League title in reach and a CL final to come we find ourselves caught in a media circus as rumours fly around about potential new owners...My staff and I decided to ignore all questions and focus on preparing the squad for Sundays' game!***

Next Time: Incredibly there are 6 goals in the Merseyside derby, League decided on goal difference but in whosee favour??? Cracker in Cardiff as Champions League final is a 7 goal spectacle! End of season awards etc...

Back