Great performance against Poland there! I'm in January 2017 now, won Serie A previous season, lost in the cup final and got to the semi's of the Europa League.

This season I'm sitting in 2nd place behind Juve who have been on the top of their game. Got to the cup final and should win it and still in the champs league. National team wise, in WC qualifying the results are as follows:

Moldova (H) 3-1
Scotland (A) 1-3
Switzerland (H) 0-0
Germany (A) 0-2

Still to play Northern Ireland. Into the top 100 in the world in 87th :)

This years game it seems to be easier to work with the national team then?

Would like to think I'm just getting the tactics right :p still a way off qualifying though! Got 3 regens who could become good players thus far and maybe 4/5 who will be okay.

After crossing the 100 hour mark of my Libertas challenge, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my progress. I have not even touched the National Team at this point, although that may change soon as I finally see some decent SM regens maturing.

Nation Coefficients/European Ranking steadily rising.

View attachment 324389View attachment 324391View attachment 324390

My 4 best regens so far. Much more difficult to get good regens compared to San Marino club.

View attachment 324388View attachment 324396View attachment 324395View attachment 324397

Club information. Finances deteriorating due to constant facility upgrades. I am surviving solely on ECC prize money.

View attachment 324394View attachment 324393View attachment 324392

1st Season over:

Final Position: 4th (Promoted through the playoffs)
Cups: Serie C Cup, Serie C1/A Playoffs.
Average Attendance: 984
Biggest Win: 4-0 v Carpi
Biggest Defeat: 5-2 v Feralpi Saló
Top Goalscorer: Gaston Gamboa (19)
Most Assists: Marco Villanova (10)
Highest Average Rating: Francisco Salomón (7.49)
Fans Player of the Year: Francisco Salomón.

National team up to rank 205 after Draws v Bhutan, Andorra and Liechtenstein and Wins v South Sudan and Luxembourg.

Hoping to not get relegated this season but the first 3 games have all ended in defeat :(

Making great strides on my save, into the 2018/19 season now and last season i retained the league (35-3-0) and champions league, as well as winning the club world championship and both super cups, so 6 trophies! Its now time to really start giving the young sammarinese players some game time.

National team up to 63rd in the world and last two qualifications we've finished 5th / 6 teams and 4th / 6 teams. Now in a group of 5 and the aim is to aim for 3rd place and have a go at the play offs! We're against Croatia, Poland, Wales & Kazakhstan! The current best 11 contains 8 regens - Biordi, Palazzi & Cibelli still get in. Got 2 players who will be playing regular first team football for me this season (ST and DC) and a host of players out on loan to serie B / serie C. Giacomo Hirsch scored 10+ goals at Sampdoria last season and is looking like he's got great potential!

Screenshots if people are interested.

Making great strides on my save, into the 2018/19 season now and last season i retained the league (35-3-0) and champions league, as well as winning the club world championship and both super cups, so 6 trophies! Its now time to really start giving the young sammarinese players some game time.

National team up to 63rd in the world and last two qualifications we've finished 5th / 6 teams and 4th / 6 teams. Now in a group of 5 and the aim is to aim for 3rd place and have a go at the play offs! We're against Croatia, Poland, Wales & Kazakhstan! The current best 11 contains 8 regens - Biordi, Palazzi & Cibelli still get in. Got 2 players who will be playing regular first team football for me this season (ST and DC) and a host of players out on loan to serie B / serie C. Giacomo Hirsch scored 10+ goals at Sampdoria last season and is looking like he's got great potential!

Screenshots if people are interested.

screenshots of current best players of NT please! Giacomo Hirsch sounds like a cool name for a sammarinese player, does he have dual nationality with a foreign country?

screenshots of current best players of NT please! Giacomo Hirsch sounds like a cool name for a sammarinese player, does he have dual nationality with a foreign country?

I'd guess at him having dual nationality with Argentina as there is a joint sammarinese/ Argintinean striker that started at virtus on fm12 and is part of my staff on my pennarossa save on that game with the name José Adolfo Hirsch

When's the earliest anyone has ever won the Italian Cup?

I got a center back on loan named Ricardo Chara from Udinese and the first game he played he scored a hat-trick off set pieces and consistently turns in fantastic performances.

View attachment 325970

What a year for the national team! Admittedly he haven't faced any top national teams, but winning 6, drawing 2 and losing none is a fantastic run. Don't know if we'll be able to do the same against Croatia and Poland but there's a chance.

those are some impressive players, the left winger also looks excellent!

Have a few questions for those who have gone far with the challenge this year:

- do other clubs with San marino staff/knowledge (eg Juventus, Cesena) ever produce SM regens?
- does the Federazione Sammarinese feeder club produce quality regens in the future?
- does San Marino (club) produce foreign/dual nationality regens (other than Italians), particularly if you select feeder clubs for that specific purpose?
- are dual nationality players a pain in the a$$ like in FM12 (ie they'd reject SM until they turn 24 if called up by Italy U19/U21)?

those are some impressive players, the left winger also looks excellent!

Have a few questions for those who have gone far with the challenge this year:

- do other clubs with San marino staff/knowledge (eg Juventus, Cesena) ever produce SM regens?
- does the Federazione Sammarinese feeder club produce quality regens in the future?
- does San Marino (club) produce foreign/dual nationality regens (other than Italians), particularly if you select feeder clubs for that specific purpose?
- are dual nationality players a pain in the a$$ like in FM12 (ie they'd reject SM until they turn 24 if called up by Italy U19/U21)?

-At the moment I haven't seen any players created outside of my club/sammarinese league except from Emanuele Bugli who was randomly created at Padova, completely missed him for his first season!
- Not a single player of note from FS, only a few players suitable to play in the U19/21 teams and never any higher.
- I've not had any dual nationality regens other than Sammarinese/Italian.
- They are still a pain but I seem to have a lot less of them compared to last year, only got a couple that have rejected me so far and they weren't as good as the others I've had through.

-At the moment I haven't seen any players created outside of my club/sammarinese league except from Emanuele Bugli who was randomly created at Padova, completely missed him for his first season!
- Not a single player of note from FS, only a few players suitable to play in the U19/21 teams and never any higher.
- I've not had any dual nationality regens other than Sammarinese/Italian.
- They are still a pain but I seem to have a lot less of them compared to last year, only got a couple that have rejected me so far and they weren't as good as the others I've had through.

Thanks for the info. Did you notice if Padova had any link with SM (staff, feeder clubs etc)?

Also have you tried asking for a feeder club to get foreign regens in youth intake (I've seen there's this new option in boardroom conversation)? Might give some results esp if coupled with an extensive youth recruitment. An element of novelty now and then would be nice in SM challenge ;)

Thanks for the info. Did you notice if Padova had any link with SM (staff, feeder clubs etc)?

Also have you tried asking for a feeder club to get foreign regens in youth intake (I've seen there's this new option in boardroom conversation)? Might give some results esp if coupled with an extensive youth recruitment. An element of novelty now and then would be nice in SM challenge ;)

I've just searched through Padova and it's a baffling one! No links whatsoever, apart from once I sent a Sammarinese player on loan there. So it must just be random. I've also just had my worst youth intake since i've been in Serie A, one player with 3 star potential and another with 2.5 - both Italian. No Sammarinese players above 1 star potential. Ahh well I've done well so far anyway, didn't think I'd be getting players like Hirsch, Crescentini, Martino, Gasperoni, Andreini already, all of whom are playing in my first team (mostly as sub though Hirsch & Andreini have played 20+ games) for experience and improving at a rapid rate!

How are people getting decent players in the Serie A? Loan players are all awful and there isn't enough money for promising regens?

How are people getting decent players in the Serie A? Loan players are all awful and there isn't enough money for promising regens?

First of all free some budget space selling/releasing/loaning out some deadwood - which I'm sure you'll have! Then look for good free agents available as lots of good players would sign for you now you're in Serie A, don't be afraid to think short term and sign veterans/older players if they look good to make sure you're competitive in serie A.

Also look for transfer listed players from any country, there might be some good bargains and most should be interested to join at least on loan, usually paying a reasonable fee and part of their wages.

View attachment 327275View attachment 327276

Above is my transfers and best 11 in my first Serie A season. The ones further up that I brought in were Sammarinese regens that my HOY didn't give a contract so I brought them back in, only to release them again in January because they were shocking.

Tactic is what I used in Serie B and first 2/3 of the first Serie A season, I was sitting round 7th/8th. Switched to my Arrigo Sacchi tactic and pushed up to 3rd. Not a team of great players but the molded well together. If Simao/Alustiza are available on a free, snap them up!