Just started my own save of this.... narrowly lost to England in my first outing with the national team... 8-1!

Got to Serie B in my 3rd year last time I tried this but comp died so I'll have to go again, really want to get to Serie A

I'm in October 2015 now on my save, having a very successful career so far! This was a save i started back on the first patch, sitting in 5th in C1 with 10-12 games left. Unbeaten run, won C1, then somehow achieved back-to-back promotions by winning serie B. Finished 3rd in first season in Serie A and I was shocked! We were around in the top half for the whole season, but really pushed on in the last 11 games when i switched to a new tactic, winning 8, drawing 3 and losing 1.

With the national team, well in the WC Qualifying we did as expected, losing all games bar a 2-2 draw against moldova. But we've had an exceptional Euro Qualifiers (by San Marino standards):

1-2 Iceland (h)
0-1 Holland (a)
2-2 Liechtenstein (a)
2-1 Greece (h)
1-1 Iceland (a)
1-1 Moldova (a)
0-2 Holland (h)
1-0 Liechtenstein (h)
1-1 Greece (a)
1-1 Moldova (h)

2W 5D 3L F10 A12 - We finished 2nd bottom of the group ahead of Liechtenstein, 1 point behind Moldova and 3 points behind Iceland. As you can see, the biggest defeat was a 2-0 against Holland. Soared to 108th in the world.

On the downside, still no great San Marino regens, only some squad players and one player who has potential to be a lower serie A / top serie B striker.

Will post some screen shots if people are interested.

Just won promotion into Serie B first season, but really struggling to sign anyone half decent ... suggestions anyone? loans never seem to work and only got 37k in total wage budgets allowed :(

My game so far

This is my first time through the challenge, had some successes, but has take a long time, those of you that can get early results w/ San Marino NT or players, you are far better at this game than I... but I guess I'm persistent.

View attachment 319290

Pretty good results in Serie A, for some reason could not win it until last season, always just a bit short. I swear too my team is underachieving every year, but not bad.

My strategy in game is buying and developing youth players and then selling my senior players ~28-29, so my teams tend to be a little less competitive, but on the other had, I have almost half a billion in transfer budget, so I feel pretty good about that. Of course, tons of players still won't join... qq.

View attachment 319291
View attachment 319292View attachment 319293View attachment 319294

My team and my top 3 players. Got that all at a young age, first two was cheap, the defender was 35 million. And took a few years to develop. That was a tough buy to make.

National team, just starting to make some strides recently.
View attachment 319295
Don't need to see far before that, I was just chilling somewhere between 200 and 207. Awesome. But finally getting a few good spawns, though most of them reject my call. Got a guy who beat Selva's goal scoring record. But he's teamless and no one really wants him. Probably shouldn't have paid him so much last time I thought he was going teamless...

View attachment 319296View attachment 319297

Going to keep going... may been 2100 before I actually make significant results with the national team at the rate I'm going. QQ.

On a side note, if anyone has any knowledge o this, I seem to only be getting ~6 youth players per season (the rest are grayed out). I used to get more. Don't know why I'm getting so few now. Though to be fair, getting more wasn't exactly helping as most of them were awful.

Last edited:
Just started on this challenge and already with my first game in charge of the national team we didn't do too bad as we only lost 2-1 to Latvia

Great performance against Poland there! I'm in January 2017 now, won Serie A previous season, lost in the cup final and got to the semi's of the Europa League.

This season I'm sitting in 2nd place behind Juve who have been on the top of their game. Got to the cup final and should win it and still in the champs league. National team wise, in WC qualifying the results are as follows:

Moldova (H) 3-1
Scotland (A) 1-3
Switzerland (H) 0-0
Germany (A) 0-2

Still to play Northern Ireland. Into the top 100 in the world in 87th :)

Im in has anyone ever completed this challenge?

I guess it depends on what your idea of completed. If you mean win Serie A a bunch of people have last year. Shocked to see not many people doing this challenge this year, but if you are looking to see if you can win consistently and make the NT great then I know a couple of people have done it although it does take at least 15 years. I seemed to be slower than everyone else so it took me close to 23 years to achieve that.

If you are asking if anyone has done all the challenges that Kandersson has listed on the front page then the answer is no. Although Kandersson I think is the closest to doing that.

This is my first time through the challenge, had some successes, but has take a long time, those of you that can get early results w/ San Marino NT or players, you are far better at this game than I... but I guess I'm persistent.

Hey I am with you buddy. Last year did this challenge and I just started as the club team and didn't become NT coach until like 2015 or so. Even then the first year or so I was losing like 0-11 to top 40 teams. I would just play defensive shell mostly until I got the players. Don't feel bad when everyone was reaching the Euro's or World Cup by 2018 I was still trying to managing a tie or an upset against clubs from 25-50 rankings.

My strategy in game is buying and developing youth players and then selling my senior players ~28-29, so my teams tend to be a little less competitive, but on the other had, I have almost half a billion in transfer budget, so I feel pretty good about that. Of course, tons of players still won't join... qq.

I like your strategy. Again very similar to mine. Again maybe why we are a little slower to build our teams than most people who play. Although you won't get the top players in the world until your team and league prestige rise, just keep doing what you do until you can.

On a side note, if anyone has any knowledge o this, I seem to only be getting ~6 youth players per season (the rest are grayed out). I used to get more. Don't know why I'm getting so few now. Though to be fair, getting more wasn't exactly helping as most of them were awful.

I can't answer that since I don't have the game this year, but I will say for what I did last year is that your top prospect (usually there is one guy who seems he can turn into a stud). No matter what his stats are, usually most very terrible, but at least a couple were good (or at least the things I looked for at certain positions which is usually 5 different stats), but I would use that guy and bump him up to the Senior squad and would start him as fast as he was eligible to play.

Sure he had to come out early in a lot of games, and it sucks when it's a striker cause your production is going to go down, but after 2-3 years he was a stud. Still 3 years in meant he was only 21 or 22 at max and you do this for 5 straight years and you would have 5 amazing people on your squad for the national team.

I wanted to speed up my NT so one year actually sold off my whole team and only kept people who were eligible to play for the national team on my squad. Yes I know most reject the call ups in hopes of Italy (again most had to be San Marino first. Would keep Italy players first on squad if I needed more bodies). Sure I took a hit the first two years, but after that I did manage to get the NT to win the world cup then cause my team was basically just my club team. Also I got to keep most of the players to be older so they could also retire on my team, and was more rewarding (at least for me). But I would just let my great guys be on my senior squad as fast as possible and when you have the best training facilities and great coaches it's easy to improve especially when they are getting a lot of time on your senior squad even if they don't do well for a season or two.

Best of luck in your upcoming seasons though and to everyone else!

It's a known bug, it's caused by having to many youth team players. Move them into your first or reserve team to free up space, this is what worked for me on other saves.

Club:

- LLM Treble: win Serie C1, Serie C Cup and Serie C Super Cup in one season
- Giant Killer: beat a Serie A team in the Italian Cup while playing in a lower division
- Straight A's: back to back promotions to Serie A
- Lower Leagues Legend/Enzo Scorza Award: win Top Scorer of Serie C1 and Serie B with the same player
- Goal Machine: win Top Scorer of Serie C1, Serie B and Serie A with the same player
- Local Hero: have a Sammarinese player winning Fans Player Of The Year
- Local Superhero: have a Sammarinese player winning an international award (Golden Ball or World POY)
- Local Legend: have a Sammarinese player becoming a Legend for the club
- Cantera Policy: avoid relegation from Serie A playing only Sammarinese players (dual nationality allowed)
- Cantera Dream:
win Serie A or a continental competition playing only Sammarinese players

- First Time Ever: win a competitive match for the first time in San Marino history (EURO or World Cup qualifier)
- The Big Upset: win a match against a Top 50 national team within 5 years (competitive or friendly)
- Beat The King: beat Andy Selva's AMAZING record of 8 international goals
- Top 100: climb FIFA rankings to become a top 100 NT within 10 years
- Major Honour: qualify for a major international tournament (EURO or World Cup)
- Titanic Effort: win a major international tournament (EURO or World Cup)
- World Domination: win EURO, World Cup and Confederations Cup
- Youth Challenge: take over the youth teams and win EURO U19, World Cup U20, EURO U21, Toulon Youth Festival and the Olympics

Ones in green I have achieved so far, in blue I have narrowly missed out on (got a regen on 9 goals for me but Selva is on 9 also). Im only in my 5th season so its looking good so far!

Great performance against Poland there! I'm in January 2017 now, won Serie A previous season, lost in the cup final and got to the semi's of the Europa League.

Thanks, conceded 8 goals in both matches against Ukraine so the national team is still no where near a first win. currently 3rd in Serie B in November so not doing too bad, but finances are so tight at the moment and having no Italian cup run hasn't helped