The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Last edited:
Match day, and absolutely buzzing for Hull City ..... Not often if ever those words have been said in L'pool history haha!

Reckon we'll hammer these today. Someones in line for a 6 or 7 walloping off this side and Hull at Anfield look primed for just that. Start fast, score early, then really hammer the difference home. Sturridge to get off his PL mark this avvi. Maybe 2 or 3 if he starts.

And the Belgium divvy NOT in nets! What more could a man want?

Up the Mighty Goal Machine Reds!

Hoping for a Coutinho masterclass as he is my fantasy capitan going against Aguero today!

Hoping for a Coutinho masterclass as he is my fantasy capitan going against Aguero today!

I've switched him out for Sturridge and made him captain over Augero.

So in terms of fantasy, I'm hoping for a front three of Mane, Sturridge, Firmino. You're hoping for Phil in there for Sturridge.

Good luck!

And this will REALLY get you back in Klopp's good graces right Sakho lad? F-ing braindead **** that fella'. Talk about hammering the final nails into your own coffin.

But this will appeal to his cult status image with many I guess so at least he'll still be well liked when he's in town not wanted by his club.

Mamadou Sakho speaks out on Snapchat: "The fans deserve to know the true" - This Is Anfield
Can't understand what he was hopping to gain out of this. The best thing he could do is shut up work and wait.

Match day, and absolutely buzzing for Hull City ..... Not often if ever those words have been said in L'pool history haha!

Reckon we'll hammer these today. Someones in line for a 6 or 7 walloping off this side and Hull at Anfield look primed for just that. Start fast, score early, then really hammer the difference home. Sturridge to get off his PL mark this avvi. Maybe 2 or 3 if he starts.

And the Belgium divvy NOT in nets! What more could a man want?

Up the Mighty Goal Machine Reds!

Looks like you are gonna be spot on mate!

That is the best half of football iv'e seen this season in the PL so far. The intensity of the press combined with the movement has been an absolute joy to watch.

Wonder what the "Statistics" would say about that half. 1.3-0.2 to Liverpool?

That is the best half of football iv'e seen this season in the PL so far. The intensity of the press combined with the movement has been an absolute joy to watch.

Yeah I thought similarly to United after they opened the scoring, good to hear you thought the exact the same about your lot too. City were lucky to shrug off Swansea I hear, apparently the Welsh outfit had their chances grrr.

The title race should be very interesting indeed.

Yeah I thought similarly to United after they opened the scoring, good to hear you thought the exact the same about your lot too. City were lucky to shrug off Swansea I hear, apparently the Welsh outfit had their chances grrr.

The title race should be very interesting indeed.

Only mid 1st half, once KDB went in the middle, we should have had 6.

Looks like you are gonna be spot on mate!

Nearly haha.

Seriously, just how did that NOT finish double figures? Absolutely stunning performance. Particularly first half. Even before Hull went down to 10 they could well of been 3/4 behind. These Reds are an absolute joy to watch. NOBODY, City included, is playing better football this season. And we're improving by the game. Defensively we're looking solider with each passing match. (Cue the 'you've conceded 7 and still not kept a clean sheet the league!' brigade who aren't seeing the development like we are.). And the interchanging movement with bodies swarming forward in our attacking transition is getting ridiculous.

My favourite ever L'pool team, arguably the best side this Country has ever produced, Kenny's great '87/'88 side (certainly L'pool's IMHO. Although some would argue the '77 vintage was a tad better), when EVERY game seemed to be 4-0 that glorious season; had scored 21 goals after 8 games. These Reds, these glorious, full throttle, never let you settle for a second then destroy you when they have the ball Reds. have scored 3 more goals after the same number of games. And unlike the brilliant '87/'88 side, who had their top goalscorer John Aldridge on 9 goals having just bagged a hatty in a, you guessed it, 4-0 rout of Portsmouth the 8th game, these Reds are still waiting for their ace goalscorer, Daniel Sturridge, to get off the mark!

2 out of 2 at the new look fortress Anfield. 9 scored. 2 Conceded. 2 sides absolutely walloped. United, you've been put on notice for the 17th!

Seriously, does ANYONE STILL not believe these Reds are SERIOUS title contenders?

And TOTAL respect to this fella'!https://www.instagram.com/p/BKvw5nshMcm/

Is it next Saturday and Swansea already? Mighty Title Chasing Reds!

*Edit*

24 - Liverpool's goal tally after eight competitive games this season is their highest in 121 years, since 1895-96 (34 goals). Impressive.

Last edited:
Nearly haha.

Seriously, just how did that NOT finish double figures? Absolutely stunning performance. Particularly first half. Even before Hull went down to 10 they could well of been 3/4 behind. These Reds are an absolute joy to watch. NOBODY, City included, is playing better football this season. And we're improving by the game. Defensively we're looking solider with each passing match. (Cue the 'you've conceded 7 and still not kept a clean sheet the league!' brigade who aren't seeing the development like we are.). And the interchanging movement with bodies swarming forward in our attacking transition is getting ridiculous.

My favourite ever L'pool team, arguably the best side this Country has ever produced, Kenny's great '87/'88 side (certainly L'pool's IMHO. Although some would argue the '77 vintage was a tad better), when EVERY game seemed to be 4-0 that glorious season; had scored 21 goals after 8 games. These Reds, these glorious, full throttle, never let you settle for a second then destroy you when they have the ball Reds. have scored 3 more goals after the same number of games. And unlike the brilliant '87/'88, who had their top goalscorer John Aldridge on 9 goals having just bagged a hatty in a, you guessed it, 4-0 rout of Portsmouth the 8th game, these Reds are still waiting for their ace goalscorer, Daniel Sturridge, to get off the mark!

2 out of 2 at the new look fortress Anfield. 9 scored. 2 Conceded. 2 sides absolutely walloped. United, you've been put on notice for the 17th!

Seriously, does ANYONE STILL not believe these Reds are SERIOUS title contenders?

And TOTAL respect to this fella'!https://www.instagram.com/p/BKvw5nshMcm/

Is it next Saturday and Swansea already? Mighty Title Chasing Reds!
I'd have thought that Bob Paisley would have won the award for the best pool side in recent history. City have been much better overall thus far. They have scored more, conceded less and been more dominant in just about every area. I have to give a shout out to Tottenham who have conceded a league low of 3 goals under the radar despite not hitting top gear going forward thus far.

The goal conceded from the corner today was cheap and I don't think that the defence is good enough to challenge for the title. Liverpool also don't have much in terms of defensive midfielders. Conceding 9 in 6 games although slightly unlucky, won't win a title. The fact that James Milner has to play left back says a lot. Liverpool have a shot at champions league imo however it's too early to be making fully definitive conclusions. Best to wait another 4 fixtures.

Keep on waiting d. Keep on completely ignoring that we don't play with an ostensively traditional DM, no matter how many times it's explained. And won't do or be buying one in all likelihood under this manager. Keep on ignoring the outstanding job Milner continues to do at LB. And then in 4 more games you can ignore some more and find something else to poke at, or some other superfluous stat to try dampen things, and wait yet another 4 games.

And we'll keep on doing what we do. :).

Keep on waiting d. Keep on completely ignoring that we don't play with an ostensively traditional DM, no matter how many times it's explained. And won't do or be buying one in all likelihood under this manager. Keep on ignoring the outstanding job Milner continues to do at LB. And then in 4 more games you can ignore some more and find something else to poke at, or some other superfluous stat to try dampen things, and wait yet another 4 games.

And we'll keep on doing what we do. :).
I just don't like getting carried away too early although the goal action from Liverpool was quite incredible today. Milner has done well at left back but shoehorning utility players at full back generally never works.

I just don't like getting carried away too early although the goal action from Liverpool was quite incredible today. Milner has done well at left back but shoehorning utility players at full back generally never works.
well there is a reason you dont get carried away your a gunner come jan you will be out of the race and btw this is there thred thay can get carried away as much as thay like

2e2a1e2d9b91c80d270b9549e593a4ce.jpg

A slightly random aside but, having just seen the highlights why on earth did Elmohamady get himself sent off for blocking the ball on the line with his hand. There is over a hour left and you will concede a penalty so they aren't likely to get anything from it anyway and more than likely be 2-0 down anyway and now he will be banned as well.

Only time there is ever a point in doing it is at the end of big games where the result is vital i.e. Suarez for Uruguay vs Ghana

A slightly random aside but, having just seen the highlights why on earth did Elmohamady get himself sent off for blocking the ball on the line with his hand. There is over a hour left and you will concede a penalty so they aren't likely to get anything from it anyway and more than likely be 2-0 down anyway and now he will be banned as well.

Only time there is ever a point in doing it is at the end of big games where the result is vital i.e. Suarez for Uruguay vs Ghana
Think he done it by instinct tbh. Its handball but it's one of those were he will end up asking himself wtf was I thinking.

Back