The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
A slightly random aside but, having just seen the highlights why on earth did Elmohamady get himself sent off for blocking the ball on the line with his hand. There is over a hour left and you will concede a penalty so they aren't likely to get anything from it anyway and more than likely be 2-0 down anyway and now he will be banned as well.

Only time there is ever a point in doing it is at the end of big games where the result is vital i.e. Suarez for Uruguay vs Ghana

Livermere literally got sent off last week against us for the exact same thing.

Most sides will be wrecked. There's just too many bodies flying at you with too much interchange at speed to pick them up. The lesser sides will be as much mentally exhausted as physically trying to fathom it all out. Hull gave up the ghost at 2. Completely shot and bamboozled. You pick your man up, and there's Mane streaking past you out the corner of your eye. What's he doing inside? He's supposed to be a winger! So you pass him off the next man and 'WTF?! Where'd Wijnaldum come from?' You end up as a defender constantly worried about 5/6 players as none of them have a set position and interchange so fluidly with each other to the point it just wrecks your head. It's organised chaos you just can't defend against.

Never in 35 years of going the game, and I've seen some of the best players and teams there's ever been in that time, have I seen a L'pool side with SO many attacking options.

Absolutely exhillerating to watch. Terrifying if you're trying to defend against it. Where do you even set up? You sit deep, you leave the space in front with Firmino dropping in so you've nobody to pick up and there's still players bombing past you. You play a high line, and the pace in the side will destroy you in behind. And then when you do get it back and try to settle and have a breather, they're all flying at you closing passing options off to win it back and go again!

And they're getting better at it by the game. Burnley is turning out to be a 'good' loss as they've learnt from it and what they didn't do. Which Hull found out to their cost yesterday.

Lesser teams coming and sitting deep with L'pool struggling to break them down is becoming less of a problem by the passing game.

These Reds are Mustard. And these Reds are for REAL!

Last edited:
2e2a1e2d9b91c80d270b9549e593a4ce.jpg

Haha ******* brilliant. I wasn't one of his biggest fans when we arrived but he's more than won me over.

Think he done it by instinct tbh. Its handball but it's one of those were he will end up asking himself wtf was I thinking.

Disagree. He it again 10 minutes before when Milner put a cross in, clearly moving his arm towards the ball. He's a little **** anyway.

Don't get carried away Scouse, you're playing United soon... we'll bring you back down to reality and let Milner hit gravity when Rashford gets at him. :D

Don't get carried away Scouse, you're playing United soon... we'll bring you back down to reality and let Milner hit gravity when Rashford gets at him. :D

I'd be more praying De Gea turns superman again to bail out your porous backline if I where you.

Not to forget we spanked Hull 4-1 away last week in a similarly emphatic fashion. We just beat Chelsea 3-0 and I'm not getting carried away. City are still my favourites but will be hard to catch. Spurs have also racked up more points despite not hitting top form.

Not to forget we spanked Hull 4-1 away last week in a similarly emphatic fashion. We just beat Chelsea 3-0 and I'm not getting carried away. City are still my favourites but will be hard to catch. Spurs have also racked up more points despite not hitting top form.

How do you get 'carried away' when you've been on this train since day one of pre-season enthusing about what's being built and what L'pool are on the cusp of to anyone that would listen?

Surely these would be new emotions that you weren't expecting to now be 'carried away' right? Which they aren't. ;).

*Edit* None of those sides have gotten three of their toughest aways out the way with a 7 point haul that could and deserved to of been 9 either.

Last edited:

Famous last words but i've seen little from United so far that I'd be worried about going into the game... Even against Leicester it was better, but if Leicester were anything like they usually are they 'should' be dealing with three corners fairly easily.

Still, should be a great game.

Famous last words but i've seen little from United so far that I'd be worried about going into the game... Even against Leicester it was better, but if Leicester were anything like they usually are they 'should' be dealing with three corners fairly easily.

Still, should be a great game.

You should know by now how we perform against Liverpool doesn't usually matter as we end up picking the 3 pts up anyway! (K)

But honestly, I can't see how Milner will cope with Rashford and your CB's against Ibrahimovic. Should be fascinating.

How do you get 'carried away' when you've been on this train since day one of pre-season enthusing about what's being built and what L'pool are on the cusp of to anyone that would listen?

Surely these would be new emotions that you weren't expecting to now be 'carried away' right? Which they aren't. ;).

I like your signings and think you can make the top 4 but a title challenge is unlikely. I'm not convinced with some defensive personnel and a lack of a dominant midfield player. The 9 conceded is a big worry.

I like your signings and think you can make the top 4 but a title challenge is unlikely. I'm not convinced with some defensive personnel and a lack of a dominant midfield player. The 9 conceded is a big worry.

5 of which came at Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. Major rivals for the top 4 placing. Yet we still took 7 out of 9 points. The Burnley game is the complete anomaly which they've learned fast from.

Continue to be worried about our defence. We'll continue to be happy it's getting stronger by the game with a settled 4 and now the first choice 'keeper finally playing.

But hey, I'll happily concede a goal or 2 a game this year if there's 3 or 4 going in the other end. Give me that entertainment over being bored shitless to a 1-0.

You should know by now how we perform against Liverpool doesn't usually matter as we end up picking the 3 pts up anyway! (K)

But honestly, I can't see how Milner will cope with Rashford and your CB's against Ibrahimovic. Should be fascinating.

That is true - How we haven't won some of the last few games i have no idea... haha!

Im looking forward to Ibra against Matip, think it could be a good battle.. But similarly to your thinking, I'm not quite sure how you'll be able to cope with our attack if it's anything like it has been

Haha ******* brilliant. I wasn't one of his biggest fans when we arrived but he's more than won me over.

Same here plus he exceeded the expectation that i had for him as a left back so far.

6'5 strong in the air brahimovic verses 6'5 strong in the air Matip. With finally a big 'keeper confident and competent coming off his line. I like that match-up in the air. I like it more on the ground with the arl arses lack of pace.

First game under the lights at the expanded Anfield with the (very strange) all singing, all dancing Main Stand adding to an atmosphere you couldn't cope with and had never experienced under the lights in Europe last time out.

Enjoy. (6).

But first up is Swansea next Sat'day dinner before we start to think about Utd. We've a ***** record down there since they moved grounds which needs to end.

Last edited:
Back