The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What did he do wrong in your opinion?

Literally just got home after a long weekend. I'll write something in a bit but he could certainly of made himself bigger/ made more of an attempt the first equaliser. As big a f-up of Lovren as that was.

Better late than never .....

Well that was another superb day out watching Jürgen's mighty Reds. Is there ANY more entertaining side in the Country than this L'pool side? Palace was the FIFTH time we've scored 4 or more goals in a game AWAY from home under Klopp. Two games more than the next on that list, City and Tottenham. Joint top scorers in the league with 24 goals through 10 games and not one of them has come via our best striker Daniel Sturridge! Some of the pulsating, attacking football these Reds are producing is ridiculous. How Palace, who aren't a bad side by any stretch of the imagination, particularly at home, and who played well Sat'day; DIDN'T go in at the break having conceded 6 or 7 only the football Gods know ..... They must of been SO relieved to have the break from the waves of (insert whatever vomit worthy blinding colour that away monstrosity abomination is) shirts relentlessly swarming at their goal.

This Liverpool side are, on current form, coupled with the breathtaking brand of football they're playing, the best side in the Country bar none! And, more importantly, they genuinely believe they are that by the passing game and fear NOBODY!

I said it Friday leading up to Palace ..... What is the NEXT massive test these Reds are gonna' be accused of having to overcome with the (continually naive) finger pointing questions over them? They've gone and comfortably won at 2 of the big boys in Arsenal and Chelsea. Completely played another major player off the park on their own patch, deserving far more than the draw 'Spurs escaped with. Comfortably dealt with Mourinho and his brand of ale house bus parking football. Come back from behind to win at Swansea where they were supposedly gonna' slip up. The same with the anti-football dinosaur Pulis and his archaic way of playing. That was going to derail them and they wouldn't cope in the air. But they did without barely breaking sweat. Then it was Palace and Benteke that would be the banana skin as L'pool wouldn't cope with the physicality and aerial bombardment. But they did. But still the questions are being asked .....

Seriously, if there's ANYONE that still DOESN'T think these Reds are SERIOUS title contenders they need to give their head a massive frigging wobble! 9 wins and 2 draws from the lat 11 games. 31 goals scored. 10 conceded. Teams being blown away in droves with opposition manager after opposition manager saying little before games and then heaping massive praise after on not being able to cope with the best side they've faced all year is becoming an all too familiar pattern.

I honestly wasn't bothered in the slightest to be going in at only 3-2 for a half Palace had two attacks from and scored twice down to some woeful defending from Lovren and questionable goalkeeping from Karius on the first. (Did he lose track of his bearings and think he was outside the area? Only explanation I have as to why his arms were down by his side.). Because for the rest of the first 45, Liverpool were simply irresistible going the other way. And these Reds, these exhilarating, goal hungry Reds, are also developing a real steal about them to do the other side. The start the second half for a 15/ 20 minute spell, Palace had a real good go and threw everything Pardew knew at them. And they stood firm, grafted, then went again and ended with another very comfortable victory in a another game they more or less completely bossed. Special shout out for Alby Moreno who, bar the second Palace goal he cold of gotten tighter on the wing (that hands behind the back B/S needs binning and fast!), had another very impressive game standing in for the injured Milner. Excellent in attack and not too much of a concern defensively which is massive for him. Matip outstanding again. Henderson just totally bossing everything in there. Mane superb and very unlucky not to add a goal. And the two Brazilians ..... 11/10 the pair. Currently the best two players in the league and it's not even close.

These Reds are currently racking up 2.3 points a game. 2.5 points per game since the one complete anomaly to this season. The loss at Burnley 8 games ago. That's title winning form and then some. Joint top the league having played by far the hardest schedule and swatting aside all comers that they are unbelievably still being questioned on going in.

Continue to underestimate L'pool at your peril. Continue to not think they're serious title challengers all you like. But these Reds are special. These Reds are as good as anything in this league. Playing the best brand of attacking football of anyone in the league. These Reds are serious contenders. These Reds are SERIOUS!

And the frightening thing? ..... They aren't near 100% and have scope to get a LOT better.

Up the making it a joy to be a Liverpudlian Reds!

*Edit* And the absolute base hilarity of Palace belting out the tin pot lower league 'You're not singing anymore! You're not sing ....' as Lovren headed us back in front to cut them dead mid song.

You couldn't of scripted/ timed that better if you'd tried haha.

Last edited:
Questionable goalkeeping from Karius on the first. (Did he lose track of his bearings and think he was outside the area? Only explanation I have as to why his arms were down by his side.).

Always love your posts Scouse. They make my day and I envy your away trips.

To touch on the Karius thing, I believe his arms were down because of the possibility that the ref would blow his whistle for a pass back. I've been in the situation before where you're not sure so you can't be certain. Apart from that I think he had a pretty good game making a solid saves.

And Lovren scoring when Palace were singing that was priceless... absolutely brilliant.

Always love your posts Scouse. They make my day and I envy your away trips.

To touch on the Karius thing, I believe his arms were down because of the possibility that the ref would blow his whistle for a pass back. I've been in the situation before where you're not sure so you can't be certain. Apart from that I think he had a pretty good game making a solid saves.

And Lovren scoring when Palace were singing that was priceless... absolutely brilliant.

Ta mate. Appreciated. You'd of loved Sat'day. Who ever had the absolutely brilliant idea to hold the Croydon Beer Festival 10 minutes walk away from Selhurst wants a pay rise! It was quite the afternoon in there haha.

Oh, not down on Karius at all. Agreed on him having a decent game and he grew the more confident he got. Ta for the view on the goal.

That was a very big win, well done, and a good post Scouse - I like hearing fans so positive and supportive of their side, as much as it kills me when it comes from a Liverpool fan... But the "best players" statement is a bit steep... Firmino & Coutinho, as much as they're up there, aren't the undisputed best players in the league by a long shot, not even if we're talking about form this season; Costa, Hazard, De Bruyne, Sanchez, Mane, Son & co aren't too far behind in that aspect, if not a couple of them on par or ahead. I don't question your points too often, as you're a decent judge, but I'll put that one down as a view through red tinted goggles :P

Man United 133? So they created 132 chances in the games they didn't play us?

United have played Chelsea & Burnley since... :P

4d4.jpg

That was a very big win, well done, and a good post Scouse - I like hearing fans so positive and supportive of their side, as much as it kills me when it comes from a Liverpool fan... But the "best players" statement is a bit steep... Firmino & Coutinho, as much as they're up there, aren't the undisputed best players in the league by a long shot, not even if we're talking about form this season; Costa, Hazard, De Bruyne, Sanchez, Mane, Son & co aren't too far behind in that aspect, if not a couple of them on par or ahead. I don't question your points too often, as you're a decent judge, but I'll put that one down as a view through red tinted goggles :P

Thank you. But on Bobby and Phil ..... you might like to compare those players on their respective seasons. In most every aspect I think you'd find one of the Brazilians ranking out on top.

Right here, right now form there's nobody playing better however you cut it. That's not a L'pool centric opinion. That's just the level the numbers will back-up they're both playing at.

Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp’s Fluid Reds - Are There Any Positions? - The Anfield Wrap

Very good read on the way we're playing.

9 times out 10 how do you stop this? Seriously, how do you stop this? There's just too many bodies coming at you from all angles. Firmino's the main man, so you try take him out. Then there's Lallana streaking past you, so you pass him over to the next man. Then Mane has popped up through the middle streaking in behind. WTF did he come from. He was on the right the last time you looked! And on and on ..... It looks so hap hazard but it's so highly organised it's untrue when you watch some of the training we have been allowed to see that you see out played out in a game.

Opposing defenders and mangers must be having fits leading up to facing these Reds.

LONG may it continue to be this exhilarating.

So you're saying EVERYTHING came the Burnley game? And you STILL couldn't score?

Impressive going. Keep up the good work that end of the pitch!

No, in that photo it says United have created 133 chances, I'm assuming it's an updated stat after yesterday's fixtures, so unless we created 0 opportunities against Chelsea & Burnley (which was definitely not the case) then the lad's post before was a little off.

And btw, you should know full well about having a luckless day in that end of the pitch against Burnley. :P

..... And btw, you should know full well about having a luckless day in that end of the pitch against Burnley. :P

Ironically I think that was our best result this year so far.

They learned immediately from the mistakes there (as much as they dominated the game per se); and the refocussed belief to be patient and keep playing our football until the openings come instead of panicking and having Coutinho wildly web it from 30 yards has served them well in the way they've consistently dismantled every average deep lying team since.

Utd and their bunkering in that deep they set up over Goodison excepted. ;).

Thank you. But on Bobby and Phil ..... you might like to compare those players on their respective seasons. In most every aspect I think you'd find one of the Brazilians ranking out on top.

Right here, right now form there's nobody playing better however you cut it. That's not a L'pool centric opinion. That's just the level the numbers will back-up they're both playing at.

Alexis Sanchez has started 12 games in the league and champions league with 8 goals and 5 assists. That's more than 1 goal contribution per 90 minutes. That's Messi/Ronaldo type ****!

Back