The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
If Chelsea keep this run up, then they will go to Anfield playing their own game, not altering to think about Liverpool's game (like Mourinho did, he setup to negate you rather than going for it as an equal do or die game, I don't think Conte will be as cautious).

And if you think Zidane would sacrifice Ronaldo (Balon D'or elect), Bale (top 5 players on the planet) or Benzema (one of the better out & out #9's around, and is what they're about) for any of Liverpool's front 3 then I'm sticking by neck out & saying you're wrong. :P

If Chelsea keep this run up, then they will go to Anfield playing their own game, not altering to think about Liverpool's game (like Mourinho did, he setup to negate you rather than going for it as an equal do or die game, I don't think Conte will be as cautious).

And if you think Zidane would sacrifice Ronaldo (Balon D'or elect), Bale (top 5 players on the planet) or Benzema (one of the better out & out #9's around, and is what they're about) for any of Liverpool's front 3 then I'm sticking by neck out & saying you're wrong. :P

I understand where both of you are coming from. In terms of straight up ability, its a no brainer. But in terms of a team, our front 3 beat them comfortably I think.

There are many Egos in that Madrid front three, and if you dont stroke them all right, it can cause problems. No issues with that at Liverpool though.

Oh God give me strength! I've just had a text from a blue informing me 'you'll never win the league conceding 1.3 goals a game.'

This after a 6-1 one walloping, with the woodwork hit what, twice? (or was it three times? I lost count), and countless other great chances created. 6 frigging 1 and the bitters want to point to the 1.

With L'pool and Everton on the opposite ends of 5 goal mauling's this weekend one would think they'd be keeping quiet right now.

Last edited:
lol thats so funny let in 2 score 4 5 or 6 win all is good unless teams start playing with every 1 behind the ball like utd did but dont think many can our will

lol thats so funny let in 2 score 4 5 or 6 win all is good unless teams start playing with every 1 behind the ball like utd did but dont think many can our will

I'm just waiting with excited anticipation for the 6-1's to be turned into 1-0's.

That's the ultimate huh and what you want as a fan?

So that's another 5 unbeaten in this latest run between International breaks. 4 wins, 1 draw. 14 scored. 5 conceded. With the summit ascended for the first clear time this season and progress to another League Cup quarter final tucked away. Bringing up 12 games unbeaten since the complete, season anomaly of Burnley. 10 wins, 2 draws. 36 goals scored through this run with only 10 conceded. And at that only one of those 12 games the opposition has scored more than once in.

10 different goal scorers the league, with 6 of them on 3 or more goals. The same number chipping in with assists.Top goal scorers and leading the list in most every attacking category. Blistering football that's completely unmatched to this point by any team in the Country and it's happening game after game after game with supposed banana skins being thrown up as the one L'pool will slip on each week. All comfortably swatted aside with ease. If there's a team even close to the level these Reds are currently at over the first 11 games I'd love to hear about them. They must be some side. Even when there's the complete side changed around against Tottenham, the massive difference in depth with another major rival was on full display as nothing changed. So well versed in what they're doing and what's expected are the whole squad. These Reds are fast rivalling Kenny's great '87/'88 side which is the best L'pool side I've ever had the privilege to watch. Who for the record where 10 wins and a draw after 11 games with 31 scored and 6 conceded. The absolute all out, heart stopping excitement and 100% belief you're not only going to win every game you play, but by how much, has certainly not been like this since that side.

And the frightening thing? They're not anywhere near 100% right now. Still could tighten up and stop the carless goals. Still could take more chances and really destroy teams. Imagine that for aa second ..... Already walloping teams 5 and 6 and they're STILL leaving plenty of goals on the field! There's more gears to move through as this progresses.

With a run of only Southampton and Everton away the only tougher looking games bookending home matches with Sunderland, West Ham and Stoke and trips to Bournemouth and Middlesbrough; by the time we face City the last day of 2016, all things being equal, we could well be sat in a fantastic position. City have Chelsea and Arsenal at home and a trip to the Champions to face before then to name but three. Chelsea City, Tottenham and the big derby for them with West Ham in back-to-back games. Arsenal trips to both Manchester clubs. And 'Spurs trips to Chelsea and Utd.

One game at a time but is there honestly ANYONE left out there who STILL doesn't believe L'pool are a SERIOUS threat to FINALLY bag their 19th title?

Up the making it a joy to be alive, top of the MF tree Reds!

Last edited:
How was Karius Scousey. Also Lucas at CB who most people see as a weakness but can't be arsed to watch him closely and see how good he is positionally.

Missed the game due to work. I assume we played well? |)

You know the mad thing mate? Watford played well. They didn't throw the towel in like Everton yesterday. Even at 5 they kept playing and created a slew of great chances with Karius finally having his chance to shine. They never gave in. They were just relentlessly battered for the majority of the game by a far better football side. Mad to say when the final score was 6-1 and could and should of been double figures but they weren't bad. They have a decent shot of being a top 10 outfit this year.

But if you're not too tired, get on the full 90 mate and just drool at some of the footie these relentless lads keep producing:

Liverpool vs Watford Highlights & Full Match Video Goals

'L'pool, Top the League. L'pool, L'pool top the League! .....'

How was Karius Scousey. Also Lucas at CB who most people see as a weakness but can't be arsed to watch him closely and see how good he is positionally.

Karius was superb mate. There was a spell between 5-0 and 6-1, 10/15 minutes when we admittedly eased up but Watford had a real go and created some great chances. And the good looking German SOB made 2 or 3 superb saves. The one-on-one was excellent. Much better from him today. Totally faultless for the goal. Lucas was Lucas. Sound as always when called upon and handled Deeney superbly.

Nice of Klopp to give him another appearance toward his well deserved league championship medal for all his loyalty and efforts in red. :D.

Last edited:
You know the mad thing mate? Watford played well. They didn't throw the towel in like Everton yesterday. Even at 5 they kept playing and created a slew of great chances with Karius finally having his chance to shine. They never gave in. They were just relentlessly battered for the majority of the game by a far better football side. Mad to say when the final score was 6-1 and could and should of been double figures but they weren't bad. They have a decent shot of being a top 10 outfit this year.

But if you're not too tired, get on the full 90 mate and just drool at some of the footie these relentless lads keep producing:

Liverpool vs Watford Highlights & Full Match Video Goals

'L'pool, Top the League. L'pool, L'pool top the League! .....'
Ty mate I might as well watch now.

Fair play lads.
Liverpool are playing great football and are doing it without investment from billionaire filth money.
I genuinely think you will win the league.
I'd prefer United to win it, but that's not going to happen right now.

Enjoy it :)

MOTD's 'analysis' is getting worse. Does Shearer actually watch any games or just the edited highlights? ..... 'Firmino playing a more disciplined, different role' .... Uhmmm, no dipshit. He's been playing the exact same role for months now. 'Liverpool's front 4 have free roles and license to do what they want' ...... FFS. Wrong again you colossal Geordie *******! If anyone roams free and isn't highly disciplined, the whole frigging system falls down! The very LAST thing L'pool players have is a free role and license to do what they want. He seriously has NO ******* concept on what he's talking about.

I'd rather listen to Owen. That's how frigging rank bad Shearer is.

Forgot to say earlier, Miles was at the match today. Wonder if he will realise that some of the Liverpool players are underrated on FM?

Fair play lads.
Liverpool are playing great football and are doing it without investment from billionaire filth money.
I genuinely think you will win the league.
I'd prefer United to win it, but that's not going to happen right now.

Enjoy it :)

Ta mate. Appreciated.

Honestly haven't felt this excited and genuinely optimistic since the late '80's. There's been flashes the PL era. The second half of '13/'14. The best side we've had the PL era in '08/'09 when you just outlasted us. But the heart thumping, wave after wave of spell binding attacking football this side is producing ..... Man alive you just can't wait for the next match. It's making life SO much better again.

This season is fixing to be REAL special. That funny German fella' man ..... he just gets it. TOTALLY.

Last edited:
i dont get what shearer was saying its not like you are you are winning game 4-3 you are winning games big by 4 5 or 6 to to 1 or not that often 2 so i just dont get it there are still a lot of games to play but when you play city and if you blow them away like you have been doing its yours to lose as much as i hate saying that the stuff you play is a joy to see now i need to have a cold shower to try to get clean

I'm just waiting with excited anticipation for the 6-1's to be turned into 1-0's.

That's the ultimate huh and what you want as a fan?

Ridiculous how 1-0 is seen as a more convincing result than 6-1. Not only is 6-1 more entertaining, but it's more sustainable - if you're creating that many chances, you're going to score some, and one piece of bad luck or a set piece for the other team won't suddenly see you back on level terms

Ridiculous how 1-0 is seen as a more convincing result than 6-1. Not only is 6-1 more entertaining, but it's more sustainable - if you're creating that many chances, you're going to score some, and one piece of bad luck or a set piece for the other team won't suddenly see you back on level terms

It's absolutely mad mate.

I can only put it down to people being that scared in the realisation this Liverpool side are deadly seriously by the passing game, they're looking for anything and everything to try pull them down.

Back