The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just what in the living **** is this from the match today?

View attachment 121445

Some absolute crank, wearing sunnies on a grey, gloomy day looking like he's on day release from Broadgreen mental hossy, pushing a skeleton and a dog that looks like it's pleading for someone to save it in a pram!

Seriously, WTF is going on there?

Must say I thought Shearer's comments were stupid too, if you had of maybe conceded 3 or more then I would get what he means, but you conceded a ****** goal and scored 6.. it'd be like saying after United beat Arsenal 8-2 "it was a good performance, they're playing well, but conceding 2 goals will lose you a game more times than not, they need to address that".

You know the mad thing mate? Watford played well. They didn't throw the towel in like Everton yesterday. Even at 5 they kept playing and created a slew of great chances with Karius finally having his chance to shine. They never gave in. They were just relentlessly battered for the majority of the game by a far better football side. Mad to say when the final score was 6-1 and could and should of been double figures but they weren't bad. They have a decent shot of being a top 10 outfit this year.

But if you're not too tired, get on the full 90 mate and just drool at some of the footie these relentless lads keep producing:

Liverpool vs Watford Highlights & Full Match Video Goals

'L'pool, Top the League. L'pool, L'pool top the League! .....'

I think its more to do with how well Chelsea defended that caused Everton to finally throw in the towel. Go watch our first half, they barely could near our goal. Nonetheless, this was a superior performance from Liverpool by far. They have looked excellent over the past few games.

MOTD's 'analysis' is getting worse. Does Shearer actually watch any games or just the edited highlights? ..... 'Firmino playing a more disciplined, different role' .... Uhmmm, no dipshit. He's been playing the exact same role for months now. 'Liverpool's front 4 have free roles and license to do what they want' ...... FFS. Wrong again you colossal Geordie *******! If anyone roams free and isn't highly disciplined, the whole frigging system falls down! The very LAST thing L'pool players have is a free role and license to do what they want. He seriously has NO ******* concept on what he's talking about.

I'd rather listen to Owen. That's how frigging rank bad Shearer is.

Haha typical really. We scored not three goals, not four, not five, but SIX GOALS. But "Liverpool will be worried with that conceded goal, it will hurt them".

Get ******.

On a lighter note; Leeds ticket bought. Going to be a long three weeks now, can't wait!!! der der der der der

I think its more to do with how well Chelsea defended that caused Everton to finally throw in the towel. Go watch our first half, they barely could near our goal. Nonetheless, this was a superior performance from Liverpool by far. They have looked excellent over the past few games.

Oh, that wasn't meant a slight on Chelsea mate. I thought you were excellent as noted your thread Sat'day.

Haha typical really. We scored not three goals, not four, not five, but SIX GOALS. But "Liverpool will be worried with that conceded goal, it will hurt them".

Get ******.

On a lighter note; Leeds ticket bought. Going to be a long three weeks now, can't wait!!! der der der der der

He'a an absolute **** womble mate. I already have have an a/hole without listening to a Geordie one!

Got a main stand one Friday. Figured it was about time I experienced that behemoth from the inside!

'We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds ......' It's been a while haha.

Ahhh crud. Gerrard brought what should be the curtain down on his playing career last night with a loss the playoffs on pens. Go enjoy a well earned break Stevie lad and a boss family holidays then (hopefully) come back home the NY where you belong.

Good things happening the academy and you'd be a welcome addition.

Ahhh crud. Gerrard brought what should be the curtain down on his playing career last night with a loss the playoffs on pens. Go enjoy a well earned break Stevie lad and a boss family holidays then (hopefully) come back home the NY where you belong.

Good things happening the academy and you'd be a welcome addition.

Sad way to see him end his career struggling to make the team for the LA Galaxy and not doing well for them when he did. Great player for Liverpool but, just didn't work out over there

..... Has there been any news why Klopp didint play Klavan yesterday?

I'd guess Lucas just stood out that bit more through the week or maybe is slightly more towards 100% fitness right now? There's been a virus going round all week that had players sent home and cost Lovren yesterday. (Think I have it as I was completely on my *** all weekend haha.).

Nottin' to read into. The squads deep on quality options.

Sad way to see him end his career struggling to make the team for the LA Galaxy and not doing well for them when he did. Great player for Liverpool but, just didn't work out over there

Yeah, I was just reading he was a non-entity his substitute role yesterday with the game passing him by. If truth be told, he should of hung it up after '13/'14. His last year at Anfield the season after his legs just went was a write-off and it was hard to watch him. You listen to him, he blames himself so much for the Chelsea game (which is ridiculous as we wouldn't of even been in that position without his drive and leadership. But the mind is a funny thing), I think he so wanted to both put that right with L'pool, and now lead LA to something.

When your legs go, your legs go. You need to know when to hold your hands up and say I can't do this any more.

That time is overdue for Steven. The prospect of having him back at the club in some capacity whilst he learns more about the coaching side and completes his badges I just don't see much of any downside to as some do. He won't be involved with the first team set-up so no disruption there. He's no bigger personality than Klopp is, who wouldn't even be entertaining the idea if he wasn't more than happy with it, so no distraction there. Having him out at Kirkby and back involved would be perfect. What a boost for the young lads already there to be coming in everyday knowing they'd be working with Steven Gerrard? And what an example he'd be to them in everything you need to do to have a good, long career in the game. Not to mention he'd be an extra selling point to new kids and their parents ..... Come here, and you'll not only be brought up the right way with everyone having your best interests at heart, you'll get to be coached by this fella' .....

Munich and Milan spring instantly to mind on great clubs that are littered with ex-players from Director level on down. Often club legends. On a wider scale its another thing we get SO wrong in England IMHO. The way we completely discard players at 35 or so when they still have SO much to offer within the game. You look at the so called English 'Golden Generation' at National level that Gerrard was a part of. How many of them are still in the game after playing? Or will be the next couple of years when they finally retire? Gary Neville had a very brief go at coaching. (Albeit going around it the completely wrong way.). Sherringham (does he even count as part of that group?) managed at Stevenage but is now back out of the game. And that's about it. The likes of Neville, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carragher, Hargreaves all jobbing on TV when they could be contributing so much more to the game and Utd and L'pool in particular. If they'd only been asked and wanted by their respective clubs after their playing usefulness was at an end. Edwin van der Sar is the darn 'Marketing Director' at Ajax for Pete's sake. Because Ajax wanted him still involved at some level and he wanted to stay involved with his club.

We get SO much wrong for me in this Country it's untrue.

Last edited:
He'a an absolute **** womble mate. I already have have an a/hole without listening to a Geordie one!

Got a main stand one Friday. Figured it was about time I experienced that behemoth from the inside!

'We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds ......' It's been a while haha.

I'm top tier for Leeds as well mate. Had my mind on a free pint when I go to my usual bar when buying the tickets.

2016 has seen quite the transformation at LFC:

View attachment 121306

Frightening to think how much better that would look if we hadn't been playing the U'5's every other game the last month and a half of last season.

And there's still a long way to go and room for a lot more improvement.

Exciting times

Last edited:
Carrying on the front 3 debate from yesterday, interesting to see Coutinho and Firmino ahead of Ronaldo, With Mane 2 behind and no sign of Benzema or Bale (No idea what their playing time this year is though)

hahw2xk8q6wx.png

View attachment 121197
Coutinho is a dead on world class talent. On the cusp of becoming one of the world's best. He shoots a little too much but that's his only weakness. Firmino has come good as well.

Back