The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
..... Coutinho is a dead on world class talent. On the cusp of becoming one of the world's best. He shoots a little too much but that's his only weakness. Firmino has come good as well.

Both the January window and the summer window will be interesting as regards Phil.

He's going to Barcelona at some point. There's no doubt in my mind about that and I don't think it's really in much doubt at all if everyones honest. He's bezzie mates with Neymar and Suarez, and like most Brazilians Barcelona or Madrid are where they want to play at some point. Hopefully he stays a while longer now the club is on an upward trajectury in most every facet. But when the time comes, you can't stand in a players way on that move so we'll get an extortionate amount of money and move on.

If he continues in this vein, then it wouldn't be any surprise to see them come calling the summer. Although he only signed a new deal last year so our hand is strong there. January is the real intriguing one for me and Pulisic. There's your long term Coutinho replacement right there. Do we test BVB's resolve this window or the summer? Or maybe Edwards has some other unheralded hotshot they pick up with a view for when Coutinho moves on.

The conveyer belt system of young talent groomed in Klopp's ways ready to step in when we lose someone like Phil is just part of the really exciting future we're entering with the club as well set up and run on every level as it's been in living memory.

Last edited:
Liverpool set to secure gifted trio on new contracts - Liverpool Echo

Excellent news and all fully deserved. Both Trent, which I particularly love being as he's a born and bred Scouser, and Woodburn are looking set to be big parts of this squad in future years. And Kev Stewart is perfect as the one true, traditional DM we possess to box games off and play the handful of games we actually use one like that. Cheap, consistent, and happy to fulfil the back seat role. Interesting that Tottenham are still fuming how Inglethorpe brought him with him to Anfield and he's no longer one of their own.

I think the Tottenham game in the league cup opened up a lot of outsiders eyes to what many L'pool fans have known for a while about the high standard of development going on at Kirkby. With both L'pool and 'Spurs playing full second string XI's, L'pool's was far stronger in completely dominating that game and the big gulf in quality between the two was very noticeable on the night.

I'd argue when you can make XI changes like that and not miss a beat, along with having the top class calibre of players like Can/ Wijnaldum and Sturridge regularly on the bench, our squad has quietly developed to be as strong as any in the league.

Last edited:
Another major weakness now a major strength. These Reds are joint-top throughout Europe's top 5 leagues to date this year in scoring from set pieces:

CwuiUPeXUAAXAwX.jpg:large

Today on "Unlikely Statistics": .....

And for the double whammy .....

Premier League teams ranked by shots conceded per game:

Cwwdh0yUsAEBgf7.jpg

But Liverpool can't defend/ need a new 'keeper/back 4/ you can't win leagues conceding goals like that!

Must be right because even zz told me this. ;).

And for the double whammy .....

Premier League teams ranked by shots conceded per game:

Cwwdh0yUsAEBgf7.jpg

But Liverpool can't defend/ need a new 'keeper/back 4/ you can't win leagues conceding goals like that!

Must be right because even zz told me this. ;).

This isn't even our final form.

It's almost 9.30 and I'm still not awake. Let's pretend I'm not an idiot.

Mate, when you're the best team bar far in the Country, you can be whatever the heck you want to be. Life will still be absolute boss regardless! :D.

Another major weakness now a major strength. These Reds are joint-top throughout Europe's top 5 leagues to date this year in scoring from set pieces:

CwuiUPeXUAAXAwX.jpg:large

"Liverpool are terrible at set pieces"

*posts the set pieces goals table*

"Liverpool are terrible at defending set pieces"

*posts the shots conceded per game*

"Liverpool are terrible at... erm... "

Liverpool are tracking FC Rostov forward Sardar Azmoun. At this stage he's being watched as they consider their options ahead of January.

Some Iranian kid. That's different.

Has genuinely lit up the Russian league from what I've heard, Rostov were Leicester before Leicester, and it's thanks to their exceptional manager and this kid

L'pool finally back to being the best team in the Country and topping the league just as the World is about to end.

That'd be about right. :(.

Brexit could be rationalised from a political viewpoint. This can't.

?

They're almost identical in terms of ideological drive. Desperate white working classes left behind, voting for change at any cost, with a smattering of various Xists.

Back