The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Aight lemme change the topic. Anyone else think that it is stupid to be linked with players to replace Mane when he goes of to the AFCON. We have Sturridge, Origi etc... who can all play as part of the flexible front 3/4. I honestly dont see any further transfers needed until the summer.

While I'm chuckling at your reasoning, I can't disagree with that conclusion...

Thanks, someone who actually reads and understands where I'm coming from. This wasn't a dig at Coutinho or Liverpool, as I made clear in the post, just my opinion he shouldn't move to Madrid as we have seen that players just as talented in Rodriguez and Isco for example totally struggle to make much of any sustained impact. It was actually a compliment saying he would be better off staying at Liverpool. This is why it's hard to have reasonable debates in another thread on FM Base because people always seem to want to bite (if your a rival fan). When in reality if they had read the post they would realise it was an honest opinion.

Aight lemme change the topic. Anyone else think that it is stupid to be linked with players to replace Mane when he goes of to the AFCON. We have Sturridge, Origi etc... who can all play as part of the flexible front 3/4. I honestly dont see any further transfers needed until the summer.

Well Klopp has mooted another player after Ings went down so there is that.

One things for darn certain though. There's NO way we buy a player for the shirt term. (Mane's away what, 3 weeks? Are these clowns for real?). Anyone that comes in, as everyone that's come in, will be with a view of the longer term bigger picture. For instance, and I'm just gonna' use him as have a major man crush on him, but we went and got Pulisic from Dortmund. That would be two fold. Covers the here and now if needed and adds more options right across the front three. But it'd also be a preparation for such time as Coutinho for example decides it's time to have his big money move to Spain.

Last edited:
There's Messi for Argentina. There's Neymar for Brazil.

And then there's this lil' genius who we're told wouldn't get in the Barcelona or Madrid sides who's just done this in the WCQ between the two to put Brazil 1 up the qualifier:

[video=youtube;uL99xS3Sw2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL99xS3Sw2U[/video]

And then there's this lil' genius who we're told wouldn't get in the Barcelona or Madrid sides who's just done this in the WCQ between the two to put Brazil 1 up the qualifier:

Quite a shame you don't have ray hudson's version.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

"Absolutely no chance for Sergio Aguero". He's a striker on the bench, what do you expect? :P

THE ANFIELD WRAP@TheAnfieldWrap 56m56 minutes ago
The Simpsons at it again. They predicted Everton's trophy cabinet in 1998

Cw-A4VyWIAA5-r7.jpg

He would not get in Barca attacking 3 or Madrid team, who the **** would he replace?

Hes not going to play the Biscuits or Rakitic role in midfield so where would he fit in?

Where any other World Class player would fit in. They'd find a place.

Not to mention Iniesta is playing less and less and needs replacing the next year or two.

If you can't see he's World Class, whilst still claiming you're not dissing him, I don't know how anyone can help you.

Where any other World Class player would fit in. They'd find a place.

Not to mention Iniesta is playing less and less and needs replacing the next year or two.

If you can't see he's World Class, whilst still claiming you're not dissing him, I don't know how anyone can help you.

Whether I see him as world class or not doesnt solve issue of him getting in that team. He might be many things but Iniesta replacement would be a tall order seeing him do that.

Whether I see him as world class or not doesnt solve issue of him getting in that team. He might be many things but Iniesta replacement would be a tall order seeing him do that.

Of course it would. Because he's not World Class and Liverpool aren't Barcelona. He'd get a game for the lesser club but not the other.

But you're not narking at either and nobody will have a rational discussion with you. Did I miss anything?

Keep on spouting yer nonsense la. We'll just sit back and relish the player only good enough for L'pool currently playing a major part in leading them on the title charge whilst he's still here. And a personal honour as the best player the league to this point in so doing.

Liverpool hand Academy director Inglethorpe new long-term deal - Liverpool Echo

Following on from a few of the coaches being extended, more excellent news for long term stability.

The club from top to bottom is currently as well run as it has been since probably going back the '80's. And that's REAL refreshing after all the constant change and in-fighting through the majority of the PL era.

Of course it would. Because he's not World Class and Liverpool aren't Barcelona. He'd get a game for the lesser club but not the other.

But you're not narking at either and nobody will have a rational discussion with you. Did I miss anything?

Keep on spouting yer nonsense la. We'll just sit back and relish the player only good enough for L'pool currently playing a major part in leading them on the title charge whilst he's still here. And a personal honour as the best player the league to this point in so doing.

Hardly spouting nonsense when I am asking how he would get in to two of the best teams in the world. Problem with Liverpool fans generally is when things are going well they sometimes get delusional and mad if your not saying what they want to hear.

Let me say this another way, you have had a great start to this season but lets not get carried away. The difference in squad quality generally from Liverpool to say Madrid is huge. Which is part of the reason Klopp deserves credit because he is getting the best out of what many would see on paper at leadt as a good squad with some obvious clear weaknesses.

For me the tern world class gets branded about far too often these days. Coutinho has started this season great alongside Mane and others including Henderson. Are we going to say they are all world class as well based on what 11 games in PL? Yes I know Coutinho has had his moments in other seasons but for me this world class tag is far too easily branded about.

Not saying I am on the Shearer scale where I would only class Aguero in this league. For me the world class players in PL are De Gea, Ozil, Aguero. Probably missed one or two but these players have delivered throughout entire seasons. Ozil not in the PL perhaps consistently for a whole season but he has done it on a world scale, Germany, Madrid etc.

There are many great players in this League, Coutinho amongst them. But the world class tag is only for the very, very best in world football. Literally when you can make a clear argument as to why they are the best at their position in the whole footballing world.

Hardly spouting nonsense when I am asking how he would get in to two of the best teams in the world. .....

Leaving the complete bunkum after the above cut aside, go ask Barcelona.

They wanted him last summer. No doubt they'll come back with a massive offer this the way he's playing.

Go ask them why they'd want someone not up to their standards in your opinion.

Leaving the complete bunkum after the above cut aside, go ask Barcelona.

They wanted him last summer. No doubt they'll come back with a massive offer this the way he's playing.

Go ask them why they'd want someone not up to their standards in your opinion.

Don't think he's saying that Coutinho isn't up to their standards mate, he just thinks Cou wouldn't be automatic starter if he were to go to Barcelona or Madrid

Don't think he's saying that Coutinho isn't up to their standards mate, he just thinks Cou wouldn't be automatic starter if he were to go to Barcelona or Madrid

Joe, seriously.

He's killed telling everyone that he's good enough to play for little Liverpool but not Barcelona or Madrid who are full of World Class players of which Coutinho isn't.

Then he's trying to flip it round as nobody being rational and him not dissing either/ L'pool fans are all delusional et all.

It's what zz does. And what he's doing more and more the worse Utd get and the better L'pool get.

Except he isn't. As he'll now doubtless counter.

Last edited:
Back