The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
If you said that it'd probably turn Earth's core into cheese.

Can I just say (before I go enjoy the article), damola3 is his own man so any and all wrath zz/Rh is to be directed toward him. Go easy on him men. He's as blinded by the lil' Brazilian geni ..... uhmmmm, 'good but not great player that only shines at a lesser club' even more than the rest of us being as he's a big stats guy that back up what his eyes are showing him. Some of us ..... uhmmmm, HIM, are beyond hope! :P.

Can I just say (before I go enjoy the article), damola3 is his own man so any and all wrath zz/Rh is to be directed toward him. Go easy on him men. He's as blinded by the lil' Brazilian geni ..... uhmmmm, 'good but not great player that only shines at a lesser club' even more than the rest of us being as he's a big stats guy that back up what his eyes are showing him. Some of us ..... uhmmmm, HIM, are beyond hope! :P.
He has been the best 10 in the league. He's on the verge of world-class if not there already.

As we know I'm ALL about 'The Man, The Myth, The living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!' ('Groan! THIS again!' go the readers! :P), so this makes me as happy as most anything that's happened thus far this year. :).

Gomez ends Liverpool injury nightmare with 45 minute return - Liverpool Echo

Take yer time mate. Just build that strength and fitness back up slowly and be fully back raring to go next pre-season to play a major part in 2017-18. Just boss to have you finally get out on the football pitch in an actual game again.

There's a sight for sore eyes :):

melwood1.jpg

Brilliant to see those two finally back in full training. Wonder if January might come a bit too soon for Ojo being as he's not trained at all really since the back injury the summer? Pity if that is the caee as he'd of been a natural call to replace Mané. But brilliant to have him finally back out there and building back up to contributing the second half the year.

Arsene Wenger says Liverpool and Anfield is the best stadium since Arsenal moved out of Highbury | Metro News

Semi-interesting but not exactly shocking. Half the premier league grounds have become libraries. It's become embarrassing. Our atmosphere has become shambolic to the point that our away form has been better than our home for the past 2 seasons. The Emirates was a noisier ground 2010-12. It's happened at Old Trafford as well and many grounds to an extent. It's not nice getting boos at half time due to a 0-0 draw.

Coutinho would be Pedro 2.0, and that's no slight, because pedro was brilliant at Barca. But he wouldnt replace Busquets, and he wouldnt replace Rakitic, because they are both better players (no one plays Busquets role better than him in the world) and there are maybe 7/8 players in Rakitics bracket, and only 2/3 of them are playing at his level, one is at City and the other is at Madrid.

The real question is: can he replace Iniesta?

He's a better goal scorer and hes a brilliant dribber, but does he have Iniesta's innate understanding, decision making and vision? No

Which is why I wouldn't see him starting in that Barcelona side, unless they rapidly moved away from what Iniesta means at the heart of the side, and that would be a fundamental shift at the club, far more so than Xavi leaving.

The only way to replace Iniesta is through cloning. They're gonna have to change their entire style when he retires.

Good read. Keep on giving him props, as sans Burnley he's been absolutely transformed. Completely bossing games and becoming a very vocal captain/ leader. Which is getting more and more noticeable right through the side that there's no ego's and nobody gets narked when someone does pull them for not being where they should be. Or not dropping in to someone else position when they vacate it as they should. They all realise everyone only wants the best for the team. Everyone all pulling in the same direction to win football games for LFC. :).

Massive credit to Klopp and his staff for completely revitalising at least two players and extending the career of a third with positional changes nobody saw coming. Henderson to the 6 is like having a completely new, dominant all round midfielder. Lallana being dropped deeper centrally where he doesn't have to worry about the only thing he lacks, pace, has been a revelation. And I don't think there's any Red out there that could of envisaged Milner would transition to such a high level of FB this quickly. If at all. You can go further and add Wijnaldum now playing deeper to brilliant effect and Can no longer the 6 but pushed further on which was never the case to this point in his L'pool career. And it's paying immediate dividends the more he understands the role as goals the last two games testify to.

Last edited:
Back