The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Plus we sent markovic away again on loan.

Yup

It will be Klopp's biggest mistake so far as manager if he doesnt go in for a Winger. No wins in January. Surely thats enough to show we seriously need an out and out winger.

I dont understand why we arent seriously after another winger. If Mane picks up an injury, we are in trouble.

Plus we sent markovic away again on loan.

Mané isn't the average winger. He's a half space player. Very very intelligent player. If Klopp fails this season, he's got nobody to blame but himself. Liverpool need to spend big to get to the next level. It's often seen as brave go on a shoestring but managers like Mourinho and Guardiola have the balls to take risks and spend big. I respect that.

Just seen the first goal again. Soft Freekick, 10 yards away from where the foul was, and offside. Even though we have been poor all month, we have had several decisions go against us.

Don't take my comments personally. I'm a huge Klopp fan. Definately top 2 world manager. Just feel he needs to put his neck on the line in terms of the transfer market. His signings left low expectations and took the pressure off.

Klopp needs to change up in this game quickly, Wolves are currently tactically outshining them, letting them attacking and then flooding into the space left, combining that with some very good individual performances. The issues today haven't been a one off either. Liverpool need some individual quality, or a tactical change

I didn't see the full game so cannot comment on the refs but it looks like teams have figuered out how to defend vs Pool. As well as all the interchange and having no real front man has served them this season I think Pool need to either find a place for Sturridge or sign a striker who fits Klopps system. I've watched last half of this game and a decent part of the Saints game and most of the time Sturridge gets the ball he is dropping deep and coming away from the goal and thats not what you want. They won't move for a striker in this window but will be interesting to see what they do in the summer

Congratulations Wolves deserved the win. This loss is on the players who couldn't be arsed to show up until the 85th min. Only Ejaria can be proud of his performance. The rest especially the first team players let themselves and the club down.

I didn't see the full game so cannot comment on the refs but it looks like teams have figuered out how to defend vs Pool. As well as all the interchange and having no real front man has served them this season I think Pool need to either find a place for Sturridge or sign a striker who fits Klopps system. I've watched last half of this game and a decent part of the Saints game and most of the time Sturridge gets the ball he is dropping deep and coming away from the goal and thats not what you want. They won't move for a striker in this window but will be interesting to see what they do in the summer

The linesman can't make the players increase the tempo nor does he make them take 10 touches on the ball. We had a whole half to score against a championship side and only decided to increase the urgency after the 85th min. Sorry but blaming the ref or the linesman won't cover up that **** poor performance.

Very much a case of knowing how to stop Liverpool, Epic. They pressed high, and then if they didnt win it, dropped deep quickly and re organised, and then flooded the space Liverpool left on the counter

The linesman can't make the players increase the tempo nor does he make them take 10 touches on the ball. We had a whole half to score against a championship side and only decided to increase the urgency after the 85th min. Sorry but blaming the ref or the linesman won't cover up that **** poor performance.

Like I say i cant comment on the officials because i didn't see the wolves goals, but I agree there is a real lack of urgency and penetration in your play right now. Look in need of a tactical change, teams look to be putting there back 4 pretty narrow so its practically 4 CBs and then having their wide men tuck in at the full back positions and you just don't seem to be able to break it down. Theyre just letting you have all the possession but its in front of the "bus" so matter not. Then you over commit and get caught in the counter, well from what I've seen of the last 2 games anyway. I may well be wrong haven't seen nearly enough footie this season

So in the space of a few weeks, Liverpool's season has been completely turned upside down and in my honest opinion, 10 points is a little steep when taking everything into consideration, so they're all but guaranteed another trophyless season. Is it acceptable? Who's to blame?

I've been ridiculed when I said say Liverpool lack quality in depth, but when Coutinho was out they didn't look the same team, and now he's back, Mane's out, and it's been arguably worse; they haven't got an answer for his absence either. Next season will be an almighty test with European football in my opinion. They need to get out the cheque book. And I don't necessarily mean a big marquee signing, I mean they need to strengthen the squad.

I also agree with the earlier point made, they need a recognised quality #9, that fits the bill. Sturridge looks a shadow of what he once was, it's either a ridiculous shortage of confidence (which would be ironic giving all his big talk), or an actual mental block somewhere along the line.

Last edited:
Very much a case of knowing how to stop Liverpool, Epic. They pressed high, and then if they didnt win it, dropped deep quickly and re organised, and then flooded the space Liverpool left on the counter

Yeah from what I saw the tactical plan from Wolves and also Saints midweek was pretty solid if Klopp doesn't change it up tactically Chelsea will easiily be able to replicate the blueprint

Congratulations Wolves deserved the win.

Sorry mate nothing to do with you but **** that. When the other team plays with 3 dms and 10 players inside the box AND the get an offside goal at the 1st minute there is a chance that the game is going to go bad.

Back