The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Frustratingly at a debate in town on safe standing this dinner from the Union so I'm figuring on missing the Leicester game until I'm home. (Unless I dive in a pub.).

Start as we mean to go on Redmen. First trophy of the season. We're here so we might as well add our name to it and reward the special support out in Asia.

Up the ''#24 I'll have Foxes with that ta' Reds!

Coutinho is closer to Iniesta than Veratti, Veratti sits quite deep and dictates in the games I've seen. Barca probably want both, which would be as close to the Xavi/Iniesta partnership as they've identified in years, after 37237 efforts... they've signed some amount of duds in recent years. Lazy recruitment

Edit: Yeah Quasit, was thinking along the same lines

Oh oh OH! Coutinho talk! Excellent segue into more of the little Brazilians magic today .....

First the brilliant assist for 'MO SALAH LA!' 2nd goal of the summer:

[video=youtube;RcfVRnVXrNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfVRnVXrNQ[/video]

Then the brilliant winner. AKA just another typical Coutinho goal:

[video=youtube;7V6xL6h2C74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V6xL6h2C74[/video]

Yeah, that £80 million Barca ..... Add another £100 M. or so and you might get a seat at the table. Until then F-ING DO ONE!

Just because, well, who wouldn't want to listen to that fella'?

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/888710212433182721

For making your weekend. You're welcome. :)
With Matip and Lovren never fully fit for more than a couple of games together, I hope Joe gets his chance to stake a claim this season. I wonder if he wasn't getting back to full fitness last season perhaps it would have been a breakthrough year for him considering the amount of games Klavan who was signed as backup got. IF we dont manage to sign Vvd perhaps it could be a blessing in disguise...

Last edited:
With Matip and Lovren never fully fit for more than a couple of games together, I hope Joe gets his chance to stake a claim. I wonder if he was getting back to full fitness last season perhaps it would have been a breakthrough year for him considering the amount of games Klavan who was signed as backup got.

van Dijk, Matip, Lovren and Gomez is looking a pretty solid 4 huh? For all van Dijk is gonna' cost, which people will naturally be all over, when you consider Matip was a free it doesn't look too shabby business at all for a partnership of that ilk. Klaven be sound as an experienced veteren 5th choice when he's not having to play as many times as he did last year. (20 league games. Which along with Lucas' 19 was WAY too many. Just goes to show how much time Matip and Lovren missed through injury and FIFA/ Cameroon being ******.). Same way as Clyne and Milner should, in theory, be helped massively now there's Trent and Robertson that can be relied upon to spell them and keep them fresher.

Yeah, no doubt he'd of played a major part with all the injuries last year had he not been coming back himself off that horror tear. And no doubt he'll get a good percentage of games this year given the congested schedule. November through the New Year is beyond mad aside from Europe. For all Brighton are begging I don't think there's any fear of him being loaned anywhere. The main thing is he's mercifully lost none of his pace after the ACL. Don't know if you've caught any of the pre-season games to date but he's looking as frighteningly good as he did when he made that seamless step up from Charlton to the PL two years back. I know I joke about him on here but I don't think (naturally) opposition fans yet appreciate like we do just what a gem England have on their hands in Joe. He and Trent should a mainstay of National squads going forward at the back.

Point of interest- I'm really curious to see how last years 18's captain Connor Masterson takes to the step up to U-23's footie this year. (Probably partnering Gomez mostly.). He's looked a real tidy ball playing centre back right through and seemed to really grow as leader taking over the captaincy from Trent last year. Only 19 September so still quite a bit of developing to go but it'd be great to bring a defender through from the Academy. Can't really remember the last one given Carra was more a midfielder.

Apparently Chelsea leading the chase to sign Chambo. Sorry Scouse I know you rate him but I would be well chuffed if he signed for Chelsea instead of us. Simply put not good enough.

Apparently Chelsea leading the chase to sign Chambo. Sorry Scouse I know you rate him but I would be well chuffed if he signed for Chelsea instead of us. Simply put not good enough.

Chelsea would be leading the chase if there was actually any chase even on. Negotiations set to start next week. Agree with you though. Chambo is nothing more than a squad player although he is a very useful one given his versatility.

Chelsea would be leading the chase if there was actually any chase even on. Negotiations set to start next week. Agree with you though. Chambo is nothing more than a squad player although he is a very useful one given his versatility.

Better move for him also considering Chelsea play with wingbacks. Just dont see were he would play consistently at LFC and its games he wants/needs.

Just me musing but I've thought as they're prepared to let both Kent and Ono go out on loan they must be pretty sure on someone coming in. And he's the only one linked and who we're lead to believe Klopp really likes.

We'll see but if there's any indication he does indeed speak to Chelsea this week I wouldn't at all be surprised to see L'pool involved.

First van Dijk goes on strike.

Then Keita starts fighting with teammates.

The things players will do to play for Klopp. :P.

Dijk didn't go on strike. He was sent to train by himself.
And Liverpool look like they are about to shelve their interest for this season

First van Dijk goes on strike.

Then Keita starts fighting with teammates.

The things players will do to play for Klopp. :P.

Sounds like a bad tackle, no fight though... well thought u'd get to see a Mario/Mancini moment... ***** effort from the germans

Back