The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
"His charge was insulting/abusing another player" - This is what the charge was for.

All Suarez did, was call Evra a 'Negrito', which in Uruguay means 'friend', the Spanish version of the word means 'little blackie' - However, Suarez isn't Spanish.

Also, if you've read any article on South American life/Cultures etc, you'd know calling someone 'Black' isn't that much of a bad thing, it happens all the time. And that is all Suarez knows, granted, this is England, but that should have been taken into consideration?

I'm fed up of arguing with people who're saying Suarez is a racist, when they have no proof of this, the only proof anyone has, is what Evra has said, and the FA are stuck so far up Sir Alex's/Uniteds ****, there was only going to be one outcome. It's also ironic how the last game Suarez will miss (if his ban isn't more then 8 games) is Man Utd..

"You cannot have an impartial Football Association when members of that board are also executives at Man Utd."

Isn't Terry being accused of calling Anton a 'black ****'? So because Suarez can say that in his country means it's ok but if JT says it he's a racist?
If you want to talk about bias towards Utd from the FA I think you should reassess your sentence.

Typical Liverpool fan playing the Sir Alex and FA card. Ironic Suarez missing the Utd game? You must be joking.. How sour are those grapes you're eating?

Last edited:
Isn't Terry being accused of calling Anton a 'black ****'?

Typical Liverpool fan playing the Sir Alex and FA card. Ironic Suarez missing the Utd? You must be joking.. How sour are those grapes you're eating?

I'm not entirely sure what John Terry said, but if Luis Suarez was a racist, wouldn't he also have to deal with the police, along with the FA, I'd imagine so.

Not really, it's a fact - Executives as Manchester United are members of the board at the FA, so, a few strings are getting pulled, without a doubt.

Why would I be joking, I don't joke, I'm deadly serious.

I'm not entirely sure what John Terry said, but if Luis Suarez was a racist, wouldn't he also have to deal with the police, along with the FA, I'd imagine so.

Not really, it's a fact - Executives as Manchester United are members of the board at the FA, so, a few strings are getting pulled, without a doubt.

Why would I be joking, I don't joke, I'm deadly serious.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that was QPR and Anton Ferdinand's decision to go to the police and Utd obviously decided against it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was QPR and Anton Ferdinand's decision to go to the police and Utd obviously decided against it.

"United obviously decided against it" - Obviously, as there is nothing the police could do, as Luis Suarez isn't a racist.

"United obviously decided against it" - Obviously, as there is nothing the police could do, as Luis Suarez isn't a racist.
John Terry isn't a racist then. Glad we settled it.

"His charge was insulting/abusing another player" - This is what the charge was for.

All Suarez did, was call Evra a 'Negrito', which in Uruguay means 'friend', the Spanish version of the word means 'little blackie' - However, Suarez isn't Spanish.

Also, if you've read any article on South American life/Cultures etc, you'd know calling someone 'Black' isn't that much of a bad thing, it happens all the time. And that is all Suarez knows, granted, this is England, but that should have been taken into consideration?

I'm fed up of arguing with people who're saying Suarez is a racist, when they have no proof of this, the only proof anyone has, is what Evra has said, and the FA are stuck so far up Sir Alex's/Uniteds ****, there was only going to be one outcome. It's also ironic how the last game Suarez will miss (if his ban isn't more then 8 games) is Man Utd..

"You cannot have an impartial Football Association when members of that board are also executives at Man Utd."

Ignorance is not excuse for falling foul of rules.

You lost all credibility when you accused the FA of bias. It was an INDEPENDENT panel that came to the decision. An independent panel containing South American experts on language and culture, I trust their impartial judgement than the bias of Liverpool fans convinced they're being victimised.

Liverpool frankly deserve punishment for seriously questioning the integrity of the FA. The way they have behaved, and the way they influenced their fans to behave, is nothing short of a disgrace.

Luis Suarez isn't a racist.

That's my final take on all this.

oh good god we have entered the stupid phase of the argument. 1) its 8 domestic games not league, in fact should liverpool choose so he wouldnt miss the united game. 2) there was absolutely no one with any links to united on the board.
3) suarez admitted he said something.

Danny you clearly have no idea how the law works

Evra reported it do the FA - Fa matter

a member of the public reported Terry to the police - police matter.

if a fan had heard it and reported it, it would not be an FA matter, but a police one

Luis Suarez isn't a racist.

That's my final take on all this.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd realise he wasnt accused of being one. check the actual charge against him

and it does not mean friend. it means little black, not just in spanish,but in latin america, it can be used colloquially as a friendly term, conversely in an aggressive context it is a jibe pertaining to colour. that is an actual fact.

But he's not a racist. His charge was insulting/abusing another player with referrence to race.

If they were labelling him a racist then he would sue them for defamation of character. But like Joel said, they aren't labelling him a racist.

Yes, I agree. I meant to edit that but there was a massive 2-hour power outage here, not much I could do about it :P

El - oh - el. I'll tell you what. If you come over to Argentina (If I'm feeling particularly generous I may even cross the river and take you to Uruguay), I'll take to a random neighbourhood, and I'll ask you to call someone you never had any contact with 'Negro'. Don't worry, I'll pay for any medical care you may need after 'calling him friend'.

There's a difference between calling a friend of yours 'negrito', 'negro', 'negri', and saying that to someone you never even shared a word with. To think that he didn't know what he was getting into is naïve beyond belief, and I can assure you there's no way whatsoever that it was the case here.

Yes, I agree. I meant to edit that but there was a massive 2-hour power outage here, not much I could do about it :P

El - oh - el. I'll tell you what. If you come over to Argentina (If I'm feeling particularly generous I may even cross the river and take you to Uruguay), I'll take to a random neighbourhood, and I'll ask you to call someone you never had any contact with 'Negro'. Don't worry, I'll pay for any medical care you may need after 'calling him friend'.

There's a difference between calling a friend of yours 'negrito', 'negro', 'negri', and saying that to someone you never even shared a word with. To think that he didn't know what he was getting into is naïve beyond belief, and I can assure you there's no way whatsoever that it was the case here.

Im glad we actually have someone from that side of the world who can verify what it means

Talk about going around in circles. At the end of the day, until the FA release a statement about the actual facts behind the charge, it's a rather pointless debate. Unless, somehow, someone here is a member of the FA, or was stood next to Suarez/Evra at the time of the incident and heard what was said. Until all the facts come out, Liverpool fans will all support him to the death, Most people will condemn him due to the verdict of the FA, and some people simply just won't care, and I doubt all the arguing in the world will change that. Although feel free to try, the current debate has remained relatively civil, which is good, and some good points being made by both sides. On a personal level, I'm waiting for the FA's full report, but believe they would have had a strong case against him to warrant a 8 game ban and a fine of that magnitude.

Although Danny, I have to say..

For realsies!? Not to be rude, but it's rather conspiracy theory-esc. I think you will find it relatively hard to find someone to work for the FA who has no interest in football, and while some of them may have high profile positions in clubs, you would hope that they would be impartial when coming to a decision like this. If they were found to have not been, they would have a lot to lose. I would hasten to guess that there are probably also Liverpool fans in the FA's hierarchy, and while I am sure that Manchester United would want an easier time in the league, getting someone suspended for 'racist remarks' is not something I would hope high profile football bosses would stoop to, if anything you would think they would want the best players playing, to increase TV revenue and stadium attendances. I am unsure of where the whole 'We are Liverpool and everyone hates us and wants us all banned' attitude has come from..

Anyway, less babble from me, more sleep.

Oh my ****, that took me 25 mins to write. Sigh.

I had also written a few hundred words on why Suarez should have refrained from using the word, but decided to remove it so I could write it when I am more awake.

Rofl. what the **** were you doing?

Watching some **** programme on Cartoon Network. Fml.

Anyway, all the prior points still stand, even if they came a bit late, and were a bit.. nonsensical at times, due to my apparent lack of sleep.

Watching some **** programme on Cartoon Network. Fml.

Anyway, all the prior points still stand, even if they came a bit late, and were a bit.. nonsensical at times, due to my apparent lack of sleep.

Chop socky chooks?

at the end of the day, he didnt need to say it at all.

Back