The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Milner was poor, but so was Coutinho. He lost possession 3 times in the first 10 minutes, and he never really picked himself up. The equaliser was the most predictable thing in sports tbh, who on earth didn't expect that goal? Maybe not in that exact manner, but everyone could see a goal coming.

Subs should've been done much earlier, our midfield lost control of the game over 20 minutes before the final whistle, yet the clock said 88' before Lallana and Mané got on. Even with the complaints about the ref delaying it, the subs were too late to begin with. Chalk this up along with the Sevilla draw to lack of concentration, composure, and defensive ability. And that's really not news.

Yeah. Henderson was getting dogs around me but I didn't think he had that bad a game. Milner was non-existent the middle.
I'd get rid of Coutinho in jan If we can personally. He's playing for himself it seems, that and the random fake injuries. Hendo is back to being the scapegoat even though he was the better of the midfield 3 today.

Hendo is back to being the scapegoat even though he was the better of the midfield 3 today.

Probably not the best source, but according to whoscored Hendo today had 0 interceptions, 0 tackles won, 0 aerial duels won, 0 clearances, 0 key passes, and got dribbled 5 times. With stats like that it's inevitable to be made a scapegoat, especially when you're wearing the armband. And while he may have been the best of the midfield 3 today, that doesn't really say much unfortunately.

Probably not the best source, but according to whoscored Hendo today had 0 interceptions, 0 tackles won, 0 aerial duels won, 0 clearances, 0 key passes, and got dribbled 5 times. With stats like that it's inevitable to be made a scapegoat, especially when you're wearing the armband. And while he may have been the best of the midfield 3 today, that doesn't really say much unfortunately.

But his midfield compatriots record similar stats, so it would suggest he is a bit of a scapegoat.

But his midfield compatriots record similar stats, so it would suggest he is a bit of a scapegoat.

That's what I said: It's inevitable to be made a scapegoat with stats like that when you're wearing the armband. I didn't say him being a scapegoat is right.

Hazard was having a field day with him. No shame in being dribbled past by Hazard he is one of the best in the world at that. What I'm saying is he had no support from his midfield partners and did well considering he was up against Hazard plus midfield runners.

Edit: Theres no way those stats are true though, I swear I saw him win one or two aerial duals unless my eyes are decieving me.

Last edited:
..... Subs should've been done much earlier, our midfield lost control of the game over 20 minutes before the final whistle, yet the clock said 88' before Lallana and Mané got on. Even with the complaints about the ref delaying it, the subs were too late to begin with. Chalk this up along with the Sevilla draw to lack of concentration, composure, and defensive ability. And that's really not news.

Chalking it up to a complete, freak goal as they probably hang on without it. As much as a draw was about the right result.

But yeah, the changes were far too late regardless. It's mad how we've gone from Rafa who always made changes on 60/65, whatever was happening in a game. To Jürgen who nearly always leaves it too late and keeps faith in the starting XI.

And it was a bizarre time to chose to rotate that starting XI against them. Why not do that against Seville when you could afford a point? Or Stoke Wednesday? (Sidenote: At that game with the oft-maligned 'Tezz' off here. Real sound lad despite the perception of him when he was baited and took no **** but I digress .....). Whilst it showed again how much stronger the squad is this year to last in comfortably holding the Champions, with the manager again mindful of last year and managing them through this stupid mad run of games; yesterday wasn't the game to go resting a couple of your top players for me. He got that one wrong before KO to compound a mistake-filled week.

Which again, is mad in itself as those two draws are in reality sound results. Seville not having lost at home in well over a year and the Champions of England. But both feel like defeats as both could and should have been so much better. Sighs.

But it keeps the top 4 nice and tight. And with Utd's next 2 away's at Watford and Arsenal, followed by City, there's every chance they'll be reeled right back into the mix with the other 4. 2 through 4 is gonna' be one **** of an intense battle again this year.

Love how Scouse spent most of the summer implying that Chelsea were not very good because they got lucky with injuries and had no European football en route to winning the title. Now suddenly Chelsea are the 'Champions of England' and are used as a barometer to show how good Liverpool are by holding them to a draw.

So which one is it Scouse lad?

'Most of the summer/ No European football.' As always, there's no end to your delusions. But as you asked, yers needed a fluke goal to not get beat by an understrength L'pool. So you decide?

Now go back to digging at United. There's a good boy.

'Most of the summer/ No European football.' As always, there's no end to your delusions. But as you asked, yers needed a fluke goal to not get beat by an understrength L'pool. So you decide?

Now go back to digging at United. There's a good boy.

So what is your answer? I can't possibly decide and make up your mind on this.

Nah. I'm good ta. Wouldn't of enabled you thus far save for calling you out on your revisionist history. Again.

Liverpool arent as bad as everyone makes out they are. They also definitely aren't as good as their fans think they are

Don't think anyone is that good personally outside of City. And even they have their flaws. Just their flaws are far less than the other 5 who are all on a similar level. All capable of good wins. All capable of ridiculous F-up's.

As I can't see past City for the league, even this early, calling 2 through 4 I wouldn't put money on. Could be any of the other 5 in any order.

Just saw our next 8 league games and we should be winning all our home games and at the very least two of the away games. Time to go on a run now considering our rivals have harder fixtures. Think its only us an chelsea who have already played all of the top 6.

Championship boss questions Liverpool over Solanke - Football365

I have thought about this, wonder if it was good move for him. I understand the majority opinion about Chelsea young players, but good comparison is right now Tammy, he is playing loads of games right now and getting very valuable experience that his age needs.
If they sell Stud in Jan, this could open up good spot for him, but if not it could be year wasted for very good young talent.

Championship boss questions Liverpool over Solanke - Football365

I have thought about this, wonder if it was good move for him. I understand the majority opinion about Chelsea young players, but good comparison is right now Tammy, he is playing loads of games right now and getting very valuable experience that his age needs.
If they sell Stud in Jan, this could open up good spot for him, but if not it could be year wasted for very good young talent.

Yeah, the views of as poor a coach as Bruce, who as per a good few players from his previous clubs is both rarely seen the training pitch and absolutely useless when he is, I wouldn't take any heed of.

Solanke's developing sound. For someone that's just turned 20 back in September, and who came as nottin' more than future potential, having had a mere 17 mins as a sub the CL his entire career at Chelsea, he's WELL ahead of schedule.

When he was picked up the summer, you thought he'd be a mainstay the 23's this year. But he's shown enough to the point he's not missed a match day squad this year. Just been looking at the individual games out of interest:

In the PL, he's been on the bench 12 out of the 13 games. Coming on 8 times for 97 minutes.

In the CL, he's been on the bench 5 times, coming on twice for 20 minutes.

And he played the full game down at Leicester the League Cup.

1 start, 10 substitute appearances, with a further 7 on the bench as an unused sub. Involved in 18 out of 21 possible games. And we're not even in December.

Bruce and his Mersonesq, archaic, Nationalistic bunkum can do one if he thinks turning out for League Two clubs would be a benefit.

If we should not pay attention to the words of a professional soccer manager in Steve Bruce who has both played and managed at the highest level, then why should we pay attention to the words of a forum poster who calls himself 'Scouseinthehouse'?

More to the actual point, Steve Bruce is absolutely right. Sitting on the bench, even at a top club, does Solanke no benefit at all. Its just an incremental improvement from Chelsea. He will benefit far more from actually getting on the pitch and playing games. Look at Lukaku. He developed rapidly once he managed to start playing games regularly at Everton.

If we should not pay attention to the words of a professional soccer manager in Steve Bruce who has both played and managed at the highest level, then why should we pay attention to the words of a forum poster who calls himself 'Scouseinthehouse'?

That's a **** fine observation young man.

Back