The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
One of the most tedious European games in living memory. To be expected like killing the tie completely out there.

Got to witness an absolute living legends last ever European game which was an unexpected bonus.

Made up Madrid are through. Much rather go there than have to deal with the PSG knobheads. As good as Paris is.

No more to add.

10 down. 5 to go. Up the Reds.

Hate to say this of the cheating, diving twats from North London but good luck Tottenham tonight.

Turin is the very last place any Red needs to be going again and another English side in the mix would be very welcome financially.

Iker Casillas sends thanks to Liverpool supporters - Liverpool FC

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/971130531927609345

Iker CasillasVerified account @IkerCasillasFollowFollow
@IkerCasillas​

More

Respect
1f91d.png

3:32 pm - 6 Mar 2018

You're more than welcome mate. Far from the first time I've seen yers live but an absolute privilege to witness your last ever European game. Living LEGEND and bona fide all-time great.

Last edited:
I still dislike that he doesn't have 1 size smaller feet. That safe in the WC final in South Africa :(

First the FA with the Holgate shambles. Now this:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spartak-moscow-under-19s-captain-14377875

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-praise-rhian-brewster-courage-14379583

Complete joke but sadly no real surprise from the gutless F's at UEFA. So long as the authorities keep letting them get away with it, the longer the Russian's, where it's an endemic problem at all levels of society, will continue to show such disgraceful ignorance.

The WC should be just super.

Hate to say this of the cheating, diving twats from North London but good luck Tottenham tonight.

Turin is the very last place any Red needs to be going again and another English side in the mix would be very welcome financially.

Don't get me wrong, I'm made up the diving c**** are out. 'Spurs ALWAYS be 'Spurs.

Just don't need the hassle of the aggro in Turin. DEFO do the day trip if we pull Juve. Need to spend as little time there as is possible

Guess we're more professional than City then? :P

Last edited:
Yeah it's funny how everyone only remembers tiki-taka, Xavi, Iniesta, Torres and Villa playing thrilling football. But that Spanish team was quite leaky in the back, and Casillas was keeping them in play with impossible saves in many games during their 2008-2012 run of 3 international trophies.

I see the outfield pundits who were berating Loris Karius for being the so called weak link in the Liverpool side have now changed their tune & are now comparing him to David De Gea!!!

For example Tim Sherwood who was one of the very few pundits who wasn't being lazy and giving him too much criticism but did say the goalkeeping situation is a problem at Liverpool and you don't win anything without a top class keeper.

Now he has recently stated that Karius could be the key for success at Liverpool....

Fair plays United wasnt pretty but got the job done. Two sucker punch goals and they defended very well. Thought the ref was poor he played into uniteds hand, has to let the game flow for me. Blew the whistle for every coming together.

Only Lovren can have a good game whilst being ***** at the same time.

Bollocks. Pawson got the Utd game.

He’s not Anthony Taylor. Best I got.

Craig Pawson is a **** referee. Who knew?

Thought L'pool deserved nottin' from the game. Congratulations Utd. But as poor as L'pool were, they should have had the chance to equalise. At least twice. The handball was just a disgrace. Foul on Sadio as blatant as it gets. And Salah, who got absolutely assaulted most the game off the ball, among some real good play from Young who shut him down better than anyone this year, was just too honest for his own good staying on his feet as Youngs trying his best to rag him the ground. The scandalous time waisting he was letting go.(Fair play to Utd. No problem there either. The officials let you get away with it, keep on running down the clock.). Rashford should have walked. The fella's just a complete joke.

Two terrible mistakes the goals. Hey Degsy, here's a thought ..... If yers gonna' be a gobshite all week like you were on Lukaku, back it up or better, STF UP! Don't give the oppo ANY more incentive than they need. And Lukaku F-ing played yers today mate. Trent will learn from the experience. Poor tactics to continually try play through a team with everyone back. Way too narrow. Sadio was ***** but at least he never hid. But honestly, not that narked. I've seen many a L'pool side completely collapse half-time Utd after being 2 down but this side is different and showed real character second half. Yeah, we didn't create much. But that ground was worried as F and the relief at the final whistle was massive from the crowd. Just a bounce of the ball here and there and L'pool get something today which is another big step forward in itself.

Disappointing. Ultimately, I have no problem with us losing taking out Pawson. But this side is in the ascendency and second is still very much alive this year with Utd still to go to City.

Or maybe I'm just playing the 'victim card' as it's 'never our fault' as was regaled to us again? Absolute low life bellends. Which is a shame as I know some real sound Utd lads I've had some great nights out in Manchester with. The outright hatred in a L'pool- Utd game sadly just brings out the worst in people.

Well done Utd. Onto Watford.

Last edited:

Andrew BeasleyVerified account @BassTunedToRedFollowFollow
@BassTunedToRed​

More

I think refs are generally incompetent rather than corrupt or part of conspiracies, but Pawson has never awarded a pen against United, or sent one of their players off in 15 matches.

Definitely had opportunities to change those stats today.

6:31 am - 10 Mar 2018

Andrew BeasleyVerified account @BassTunedToRedFollowFollow
@BassTunedToRed​

More

I think refs are generally incompetent rather than corrupt or part of conspiracies, but Pawson has never awarded a pen against United, or sent one of their players off in 15 matches.

Definitely had opportunities to change those stats today.

6:31 am - 10 Mar 2018

He truly was horrible its hard to get back into the game when every little nudge was being called for. The disruption of flow suited United as they have a 2 goal lead to defend and it was eatin up the time. Frustrating game to watch.

As it's a personal bugbear of ours, another glaring example of both how important Henderson is and how bad Can is 9 times out of 10.

If anyone still seriously wants him to stay in Red give yer heads a wobble. A big one!

As it's a personal bugbear of ours, another glaring example of both how important Henderson is and how bad Can is 9 times out of 10.

If anyone still seriously wants him to stay in Red give yer heads a wobble. A big one!

Yep for every good piece of play he does the very next one leaves you scratching your head with his decision making. No doubt he will be an excellent player in the future once he sorts he's consistency out but unfortunately that won't be with us. Still a great pro who still gives it his all unlike a certain somebody in Barca.

Yep for every good piece of play he does the very next one leaves you scratching your head with his decision making. No doubt he will be an excellent player in the future once he sorts he's consistency out but unfortunately that won't be with us. Still a great pro who still gives it his all unlike a certain somebody in Barca.

Just not quick enough mate. In his head or physically. Takes too many touches and slows everything right down. Strutting around yesterday deep playing everything sideways and backwards with no urgency at all. Isn't that the (oft inaccurate) knock on Henderson?

Probably look sound in Italy in a slower paced, more tactical game. The mad pace the PL, forget it.

Established member the Germany squad. 112 PL games. Nearly another 30 in Europe. 24-year-old you're still talking about as 'potential' and 'when he gains consistency' like he's an 18-year-old Trent with a mere 20 PL games under his belt.

Says it all.

The game was crying out for Henderson. I think the complaints about him are understandable at times but make no mistake about it, he never hides away in games. The midfield was non-existent in the first half, needed Henderson in there commanding the ball.

Just not quick enough mate. In his head or physically. Takes too many touches and slows everything right down. Strutting around yesterday deep playing everything sideways and backwards with no urgency at all. Isn't that the (oft inaccurate) knock on Henderson?

Probably look sound in Italy in a slower paced, more tactical game. The mad pace the PL, forget it.

Established member the Germany squad. 112 PL games. Nearly another 30 in Europe. 24-year-old you're still talking about as 'potential' and 'when he gains consistency' like he's an 18-year-old Trent with a mere 20 PL games under his belt.

Says it all.

He's only recently got consistent starts in the middle of the park. How many of those games has he been shifted around from fullback to cb etc... 24 is still young and i'm sure he will prove to be an excellent player in the future but like you said he just doesn't suit our style of play. Not complaining if he goes as we have Naby coming in to replace him, whos more suited to our system plus another midfielder fingers crossed its Jorginho.

Only recently? He’s been a staple playing the middle under Klopp.

You’re confusing the Rodgers era mate.

Back