The Liverpool Thread

Just as my mood couldn’t get any blacker.

But the T-Rex Kung-Fu **** has ‘apologised’ so that’s alright then.

****, that's really bad.

I mean, don't get me wrong, weakens you guys, not against that per se (but not ****** things like this). VVD has been one of the greatest defenders I've seen in the Prem since Ferdinand, and it'll be really sad to see him out for almost the entire season because of a **** show tackle like what we saw.

Really hope it's not as bad, and he recovers well ahead of time. Wouldn't wish that to any player, ever, and especially not on the aftermath of a shocking tackle like that.

****, that's really bad.

I mean, don't get me wrong, weakens you guys, not against that per se (but not ****** things like this). VVD has been one of the greatest defenders I've seen in the Prem since Ferdinand, and it'll be really sad to see him out for almost the entire season because of a **** show tackle like what we saw.

Really hope it's not as bad, and he recovers well ahead of time. Wouldn't wish that to any player, ever, and especially not on the aftermath of a shocking tackle like that.

Very kind of you to say mate. Thank you.

I'm not so much narked if he is out that long (any two from Gomez, Matip or Fabinho is still as good a CH pairing as anything in this league. And when you add in Alisson behind and Thiago in front and the loss is mitigated) , as I am that they completely F up the call that was as big a game-changer as it gets.

Very kind of you to say mate. Thank you.

I'm not so much narked if he is out that long (any two from Gomez, Matip or Fabinho is still as good a CH pairing as anything in this league. And when you add in Alisson behind and Thiago in front and the loss is mitigated) , as I am that they completely F up the call that was as big a game-changer as it gets.
It will be completely new territory for them though. Both Gomez and Matip have looked their best when partnered with Virgil. Time for them to rise up to the occasion and show why they are both rated highly. Gomez will come through but Matip gets called out of action by a ****** cold it seems.

View attachment 517881

Oooof. ACLs are career enders as well (Falcao).
Coming back from the ACL isn't the hard part its that it takes a year or even two for a player to get back to his best, some don't even. That's why when fans nark about how Chambo isn't the same it will take time and theres always the niggly injuries that follow an ACL recovery. Virgil is on the wrong side of his 20s though I pray he returns the same player but how will the ACL if its true affect his athletism and mobility long term.

Coming back from the ACL isn't the hard part its that it takes a year or even two for a player to get back to his best, some don't even. That's why when fans nark about how Chambo isn't the same it will take time and theres always the niggly injuries that follow an ACL recovery. Virgil is on the wrong side of his 20s though I pray he returns the same player but how will the ACL if its true affect his athletism and mobility long term.

Even though that's just 'rumour' as I type, it won't stop the mentally insane going into full meltdown on Twitter and stomping their collective feet over why another CH wasn't signed the summer? *Eye spinning roll.

I think performances now will determine whether or not you guys go in for a CB in January. If Gomez continues to make the same errors, can expect to see you guys dip into the market for another proper CB. Not a Koulibaly type, but maybe a Ruben Dias type - solid and young.

I think performances now will determine whether or not you guys go in for a CB in January. If Gomez continues to make the same errors, can expect to see you guys dip into the market for another proper CB. Not a Koulibaly type, but maybe a Ruben Dias type - solid and young.

Well, Ben White was the only one they wanted this past summer but Brighton and COVID put paid to that.

I had little doubt they would just wait till next summer to return there but the RBL lad on the cheap release clause has been getting a lot of quiet traction.

We won't panic buy. That's for certain. He'd find a solution within the squad before he'd buy anyone that didn't totally fit.

He's 29, might be hard coming back to full powers after ACL.

With what money? We have to sell to buy and Jan is notorious for not getting the best value for money with the majority of Clubs not wanting to sell midway through the season.

As sadly expected.

Not ideal but by no means any sort of disaster given the strength of the rest of the squad. We aren't a one-man team in any way, shape or form and it's completely disingenuous to Klopp, Edwards and co to suggest they have built us like that and it all falls apart if one man goes down. As has been the meltdown on SM today. Any 2 from 3 of Fabinho, JMG or Matip is as good as they come.

With Alisson back training the end of last week, coupled with Thiago not sounding as bad as feared protecting in front, we'll be sound back there.

Really not overly worried by this at all personally and if nottin else, it'll shut all the white noise up that have laughably screamed we've had no major injuries (STOP laughing at the back) and wouldn't be able to cope if we did.

God speed in your recuperation big man. Concentrate on being out there for pre-season next year. At least you have the requisite # of appearances logged for a second straight league winners medal come May.

Onto Ajax with JMG and Joël. Next man up. As football has always been.

As sadly expected.

Not ideal but by no means any sort of disaster given the strength of the rest of the squad. We aren't a one-man team in any way, shape or form and it's completely disingenuous to Klopp, Edwards and co to suggest they have built us like that and it all falls apart if one man goes down. As has been the meltdown on SM today. Any 2 from 3 of Fabinho, JMG or Matip is as good as they come.

With Alisson back training the end of last week, coupled with Thiago not sounding as bad as feared protecting in front, we'll be sound back there.

Really not overly worried by this at all personally and if nottin else, it'll shut all the white noise up that have laughably screamed we've had no major injuries (STOP laughing at the back) and wouldn't be able to cope if we did.

God speed in your recuperation big man. Concentrate on being out there for pre-season next year. At least you have the requisite # of appearances logged for a second straight league winners medal come May.

Onto Ajax with JMG and Joël. Next man up. As football has always been.
It's Matip I'm more worried about the guy can't stay fit. I think we will be fine without Virgil for the season this is still a title-winning squad but next summer I think a CB target will be no.1 priority. I'll take one upemacano thank you.

I'm all for some controlled aggression on the pitch but Pickford's an absolute scumbag. By all means hit your man hard/let them know you're there in a 50/50, but to go in with the intent of causing harm is disgusting. Think I commented on here before how I hated how sly Robertson became with late tackles and shouldering people over advertisement boards etc., so I need it to be known I'm staying consistent on the topic. Violence is not OK just because it's on a football pitch. We're past the days of Roy Keane. We're past the days of givin' your kids a backhand. We're past all of that

Could nick someone like Pepé from Portugal for a couple of months in January as a little stop-gap? Thiago Silva would've been ideal if it was the summer.

I'm all for some controlled aggression on the pitch but Pickford's an absolute scumbag. By all means hit your man hard/let them know you're there in a 50/50, but to go in with the intent of causing harm is disgusting. Think I commented on here before how I hated how sly Robertson became with late tackles and shouldering people over advertisement boards etc., so I need it to be known I'm staying consistent on the topic. Violence is not OK just because it's on a football pitch. We're past the days of Roy Keane. We're past the days of givin' your kids a backhand. We're past all of that
Nothing wrong with being a shithouse on the pitch like Robbo. There's a reason why certain challenges regardless of winning the ball are Red card offences and that's because if it goes wrong you can seriously injure the opp.