The Liverpool Thread

Was a pen at the end there can't complain. Scruffy game with the early kickoff that every team struggles with. Now looks like Millie is going to be out for a while. What rotten luck.

Even Welbeck said it was a soft penalty. VAR wouldnt have got involved with a challenge like that anywhere else on the pitch, so why does it in the penalty area?

Even Welbeck said it was a soft penalty. VAR wouldnt have got involved with a challenge like that anywhere else on the pitch, so why does it in the penalty area?
Yeah watching it back it wouldn't be a foul anywhere else on the pitch. I'd argue if someone stood on him then yes but a swipe and a touch which looks worse in slowmo. Not sure. The VAR decision to rule out Salahs is worse but no point in talking about that.

‘Lib’pool, Top the League, Lib’pool, Lib’pool Top the League!’

Another excellent three points. Not the best watch, but in context of it coming off the back of the mad off day mid-week/ being ridiculously stung with the early KO/ Brighton having the luxury of a full week between games/ all the key players missing et al, a superb away victory nonetheless. These are the games that win you titles and the Champions consistently find ways to win them better than any other team.

The only downside was Milner going off. You know he has to have a bad problem for that to happen. Hopefully good news will come the next day or two on that. But it did lead to Curtis getting another PL 20 mins under his belt so swings and roundabouts. Jota in the form of his life with another great winner. Not Neco’s best outing with the rash peno he’ll learn from. But another 45 for him in his rapid development. He’s doing just sound for only his 8th PL game at 19 and will only continue to develop and improve with experience. Even the very mediocre Phillips with his glaring lack of pace did a steady, solid job again to his credit. When you go away and keep a clean sheet with Nat in your back 4 it says it all about this ridiculous gang of Reds and their determined mentality.

I think folk need to get used to having to grind games out over the next few mad months. It really is all about a survival of the fittest/ mentally strong right now and games invariably won’t be pretty in the main. Just lucky we have such top Mentality Monsters as we do aye?

Excellent start to the weekend. Over to City to react whilst we get all the rest and recuperation we can before Ajax.

That’s why we’re Champions!

Up the League leading Reds!

^^^^ I was just writing that in injury time and then VAR decided it’d intervene yet again.

How that’s clear and an obvious enough for VAR to intervene I don’t know but I really can’t be arsed narking about VAR. it just is what it is.

Another valuable point that should have been 3 on the way to #20.

‘Lib’pool, Top the League, Lib’pool, Lib’pool Top the League!’

Another excellent three points. Not the best watch, but in context of it coming off the back of the mad off day mid-week/ being ridiculously stung with the early KO/ Brighton having the luxury of a full week between games/ all the key players missing et al, a superb away victory nonetheless. These are the games that win you titles and the Champions consistently find ways to win them better than any other team.

The only downside was Milner going off. You know he has to have a bad problem for that to happen. Hopefully good news will come the next day or two on that. But it did lead to Curtis getting another PL 20 mins under his belt so swings and roundabouts. Jota in the form of his life with another great winner. Not Neco’s best outing with the rash peno he’ll learn from. But another 45 for him in his rapid development. He’s doing just sound for only his 8th PL game at 19 and will only continue to develop and improve with experience. Even the very mediocre Phillips with his glaring lack of pace did a steady, solid job again to his credit. When you go away and keep a clean sheet with Nat in your back 4 it says it all about this ridiculous gang of Reds and their determined mentality.

I think folk need to get used to having to grind games out over the next few mad months. It really is all about a survival of the fittest/ mentally strong right now and games invariably won’t be pretty in the main. Just lucky we have such top Mentality Monsters as we do aye?

Excellent start to the weekend. Over to City to react whilst we get all the rest and recuperation we can before Ajax.

That’s why we’re Champions!

Up the League leading Reds!

^^^^ I was just writing that in injury time and then VAR decided it’d intervene yet again.

How that’s clear and an obvious enough for VAR to intervene I don’t know but I really can’t be arsed narking about VAR. it just is what it is.

Another valuable point that should have been 3 on the way to #20.
I was just about to say did you go back in time and fudge the score hahaha.

Is right Jürgen lad. That's BT and Wilder told straight. They all need telling straight.

F them all! Siege mentality, us against the World! And we'll continue on defying everyone in the face of every obstacle. as we would have done again today without a B/S VAR intervention. Again.

whats he said

Twice this week he's launched two snide attacks at Klopp, taking Jürgens words completely out of context.

Firstly, Jürgen was 'selfish' apparently after he spoke out yet again in his continued, genuine concern for ALL player welfare regarding the 5-sub rule and TV schedule.

Now he's a 'World-class politician who only cares about L'pool' in a nonsensical attack over Government tiers and fan return to stadiums. Because of course, Jürgen controls all that too. *Eye roll.

Beyond petty and a completely inaccurate, pointless fight to try *****. To say he's lost a lot of goodwill and respect here after his exploits last season is an understatement.

I love reading some of the comments post game and regarding the post match interview. Must be a hard life going through a "Crisis" and "falling Apart" and "looking for excuses" when you are still top of the league.

Never got the hype for him. Yes he had a bit different tactical aproach but it was never sufficient in long run. The lad sitting on United bench was the big differential for them.

I think that’s a very fair comment.

I was guilty of over hyping him myself through the summer to the extent I had them as a possible for a European place. But it’s becoming more and more apparent all the close games last year were in larger part down to the goalie and there’s been a MASSIVE drop off to Ramsdale. Brewster has made the wrong choice here and should have gone to Brighton given Sheffield United’s forward gets little to no service and has to battle by himself up front for scraps. Not the best situation for a highly talented but highly inexperienced young man just finding his way in the game. And they madly went and made him their highest ever transfer with no plan to help him out. As great a potential as he has to be a top #9, they’d have been far better with an experienced veteran for this season.

Really hope they drop now personally after Wilders bizarre attacks the past week. Legit criticism or differences of opinion between managers are sound and welcomed. But when you start twisting and lying about another .....

Klopp’s biting ‘3 subs, 1 point’ line was the perfect retort yesterday.

1606657372264.png

*Just because I spent time yesterday evening reading the absolutely pathetic cry arsing from many on SM ......

The job Jürgen and his staff have done to date this season is by far and away his best of their tenure here IMHO. Honest to God, this supreme coaching (term used very loosely as we just don't have any time to seriously coach between games at all right now as they try grab as much rest as possible)/ squad management job is topping anything to date for me. The two big ones included.

To be sat joint top of the league (which would be clear top with at least a 2 game lead without VAR), over a quarter of the season in, and top of the CL group only needing a point for certain qualification this week with a game to spare, is an outstanding job when you consider all the massive hurdles they've had to overcome.

An OUTSTANDING job.

I can't recall any side in living memory having such a horribly long injury list as we have. And we aren't talking a few weeks and squad players. It's been one key player after another lost for LONG periods. If not out for the season entirely. Heck, Saturday was our ELEVENTH different CH partnership through 16 games this season! Milner the latest going down as he had to play his third straight game in a week down to a lack of bodies. Inexperienced kids having to step in and step up. To say we're running on fumes week-to-week is an understatement.

And then you throw in VAR ..... We've had EIGHT VAR overturns go against us through 10 games. That's HALF as much as any other team in the league. (The next closest is Brighton, Palace, Tottenham and Utd with 4.). It's getting almost weekly that we're having legit points taken away from us through VERY questionable VAR decisions. But they keep putting it behind them and bouncing back. Often within games. Never mind from one game to the next.

As they keep putting all the obstacles this year behind them to continually forge on and lead the way.

It'd just be nice if the reactionary fraction who seem to be in the across L'pool Twitter etc would step back from their zeal of narking about anything and everything and put things into context of just what an outstanding job our lads are doing right now game-on-game.

An OUTSTANDING job.

Bring on Ajax Tuesday. We may be struggling to cobble a team and the relevant # of subs together but you can rest assured it will be as hard a game as Ajax will have ALL season long.

This season is not so much about the most aesthetically pleasing/ best football team winning the league but more so a complete survival of the fittest and mentally strongest to continue grinding out, overcoming, and finding ways to get the result in the face of everything.

And fortunately we have just the lads for that ......

Up Jürgens BOSS Mentality Monster Reds!

Oh Lallana :'(

Talking of, a great pod I think you’ll appreciate mate-

You’re welcome.

Adriáns seemingly being held out with a view on the league in case Alisson isn’t back Sunday. Fun times. Sighs.

Surprised we've gone as strong as we have with the safeguard of the last game in our back pocket. Gini must be desperately close to the 'red zone.' If he's not in it already. Thought for sure Rhys would have started but at least Neco and Curtis get another invaluable start on the biggest stage of all.

Nights like this bring home the pandemic even more. One of the marquee games of this, or any other European season. And nobody there to see it live. Sighs.

Straight into these Redmen! Let's get this boxed tonight and then rest up for Wolves.

Excellent half boys. That will do sound.

Enjoyable watch between two great footballing philosophies. Curtis dead unlucky to see that belter come back off the post. Neco and Kelleher doing sound. Ajax with a few chances but should be down to 10. How the highly touted Schurrs stayed on for totally taking out Sadio who was clean through is anyone’s guess?

Another big 45 hard work Redmen and then you can rest up well for Wolves.