The Liverpool Thread

Ferguson was fined all the time and attacked by the media and other managers a lot. Klopp by comparision gets away with murder. I guess instead of winning all the ttlles Fergie should have gotten fake teeth and a hairpiece.
Lmao 🤣

Ferguson was fined all the time and attacked by the media and other managers a lot. Klopp by comparision gets away with murder. I guess instead of winning all the ttlles Fergie should have gotten fake teeth and a hairpiece.
Honestly, I can say I genuinely enjoyed Fergie rattling cages. From Rafa's powerpoint presentation on "facts" to Keegan's "I will love it" rant.

1617911314633.png

Liverpool on a massive kick against online racism/ abuse.

And then the club today flies their flags at half-mast for one of the biggest bigots/ racists going.

That irony isn't lost on anyone here.

Jokes aside. I did not watch footy that much back in the day, but who was more important to Arsenal success? Henry, Vieira or Bergkamp? Did not once per year one of them left.

You’re talking 3 bona fide all time World greats. Who were all integral to different Arsenal sides and key players at the time. And the among the top, if not alone at the top, players in the league in their respective roles when they played.

Henry is head and shoulders the best PL player ever IMHO so I’d always go with him but Bergkamp was a dream to watch.

That backline was more important than any of the Holywooders playing upfront.

This is actually the first time since the Atléti game I'm glad we aren't at the match. The prospects of a silence going well wouldn't be good and we don't need any National vilifying on top of everything else this year.

That said, it's a massive game with the chance to move into the top 4 and put pressure on everyone else who plays after us. Along with boxing the home record again before the mammoth game on Wednesday.

Not the side I'd of gone with but this season is so wack and so unlike proper football, I'm past trying to predict much of anything and just rolling with whatever,

Straight into these Redmen!

Good luck on the match lads. I'm sure you can dispatch a Grealish-less Aston Villa side at home.

Jokes aside. I did not watch footy that much back in the day, but who was more important to Arsenal success? Henry, Vieira or Bergkamp? Did not once per year one of them left.

Tough to say as I'd put all 3 players in my top 10 ever PL players. Each were the best in respective positions at the time, or even era. Of course determining who was the best in their positions ever to play in the pl is debatable. You can have the Viera vs Roy Keane, Bergkamp vs Cantona or Henry vs Robbie fowler debates all day but I will say Bergkamp is the classiest technician I've ever watched and I've watched the likes of Zidane, Riquelme, Michael Laudrup, Iniesta etc. He was just so wonderful with the first touch of a thousand feathers.

Just sat laughing at the absolute absurdity of this season.

Really good half with far better tempo and energy. Villa score against the run of play. Then, not to be outdone, VAR rules out a perfectly legit equaliser.

Its been a farce from the opening day so why should it change now?

I havent been watching, only saw a French clip of the VAR decision. Am I right in saying they were also checking if the Villa defender got the slightest of touches on the ball which would have made him "onside"?

If it was given because of that, and he actually was offside, that would have been just as BS as the actual decision. Who decided that was a rule?!

In the most part, that was a very enjoyable game of football. Much better desire, energy and tempo that was criminally absent in Madrid. And will be crucial Wednesday.

Thoroughly deserved win with a belter winner from a lad who’s been under laughable, and utterly disgraceful, criticism.

Back in the top 4 with real momentum to take forward into the gigantic game Wednesday.

But honestly, none of that matters whilst we have VAR continuing to suck the life out of the game.

Today’s latest disgrace just brings home in glorious technicolour what you go through EVERY game. And just whats turning more and more match goers away from the sport.

Forget the joke decision to ultimately disallow Bobbys legit goal. It’s everything that follows that. You just no longer know whether to celebrate or not? Twice this week I’ve barely moved at L’pool goals. Today, and midweek when they madly took a few minutes scrutinising Mo’s goal who was clearly on at first glance. Never mind on reply. Just like today. The emotion is just no longer there. EVERYTHING that being a football fan is all about. And that is made ten times worse when you are at that match.

You are, honestly, as much as you’ve craved returning to the match, left at a crossroads of continued angst of whether its worth all the massive sacrifices you make just to have the whole experiences ruined by some blerts on laptops using tecnology worse than that we played 80’s video games on?

Slowly and surely killing the game from a fan standpoint and sucking the whole enjoyment out of it all.

Uo the Pool. Mighty Reds!