The Liverpool Thread

I havent been watching, only saw a French clip of the VAR decision. Am I right in saying they were also checking if the Villa defender got the slightest of touches on the ball which would have made him "onside"?

If it was given because of that, and he actually was offside, that would have been just as BS as the actual decision. Who decided that was a rule?!

This just isn't football at all-

1618070981797.png

Much better desire but wanted to point out that Mane came on and was the worst player on the pitch when he did. What has happened to him, forget his form he can barely control and dribble the ball now. His confidence looks completely gone. Really worrying and I hope covid hasn't fudged him up long term.

Much better desire but wanted to point out that Mane came on and was the worst player on the pitch when he did. What has happened to him, forget his form he can barely control and dribble the ball now. His confidence looks completely gone. Really worrying and I hope covid hasn't fudged him up long term.

3-years constant, every game football with no summer break. Physically and mentally goosed.

Nottin' a good break won't sort out.

He defo needs it, was sad watching him punt the ball straight at the keeper for the last kick of the game.

That's been the biggest thing all season. Even when his power and energy have been there, the decision-making has been terrible.

That should have been rolled square to Jota for an easy tap-in. He's mentally drained to me as much as anything.

But hey-ho, that's another step toward the top 4 and Sadio having a new Parisian to play with up there so a good day all round.

That's been the biggest thing all season. Even when his power and energy have been there, the decision-making has been terrible.

That should have been rolled square to Jota for an easy tap-in. He's mentally drained to me as much as anything.

But hey-ho, that's another step toward the top 4 and Sadio having a new Parisian to play with up there so a good day all round.
Who is this new Parisian you keep speaking about, have I missed an inside joke lol. Or are still walking about Mbappe 2021??

I don't think they can ever make VAR faster when it comes to offsides. The camera angle just makes it hard to judge because the perspective is confusing, even the lines drawn aren't helping much.

Ironically if a linesman is actually in a good position he has much superior view of things.

Here's the thing though. You can't just go back to relying entirely on eyeballs and a flag, when we've now seen multiple times that even with access to a replay from with 20 cameras shooting in 4k and computer software that draws visual aids, it still isn't always enough to make a confident judgement.

Here's the thing though. You can't just go back to relying entirely on eyeballs and a flag, when we've now seen multiple times that even with access to a replay from with 20 cameras shooting in 4k and computer software that draws visual aids, it still isn't always enough to make a confident judgement.
But they are not using so fancy cameras. Mostly seems like same views being used like we see in broadcast. And those are not even In 60fps so frames will be lost and shots Will have strange angels.

Don't understand why not have designated cameras only for offside what are high rez and frame rate.