The Liverpool Thread

Sorry for being out of loop but why scousers dislike the national team?

Someone bounced me this esrlier. Presume its from the last WC. I could add FAR more but thats bang on enough from Howie Gayle by itself-

1623508811559.png

With Taki pulling himself out of the Japan squad, uninjured, with more WCQ’s to come, I wonder if they’ve agreed a deal with someone for him?

With Taki pulling himself out of the Japan squad, uninjured, with more WCQ’s to come, I wonder if they’ve agreed a deal with someone for him?

Its a shame he wasnt able to settle with us. Being a lover of all things Japan, I would have loved to have seen him success with us

Its a shame he wasnt able to settle with us. Being a lover of all things Japan, I would have loved to have seen him success with us

COVID mate. Sighs.

Couldn’t imagine being locked down for months in Japan, not knowing anyone or being able to speak the language, on my own with no family, like he was in L’pool.

Completely ruined his debut year through no fault of his own.

Last edited:

So long as it’s not the Friday/ Monday night, and presuming there’s away fans 🤞🏻🤞🏻, Norwich is a BRILLIANT weekend to start the season. Made up with that. And Leeds and Brentford to follow. Three belter away trips to start with.

Leeds away excepted, that should be maximum points going into the early, key title crunch with City.

Superb boxing day game. Chelsea NY’s a pain but at least it's a normal train service.

Only two fixtures missed in January with the AFCON. (Unless they are called up early.). And good ones too. Bonus!

Good run in to #20!

The Derby on a Tuesday night is utter ***** like! 🤬

Just need to wait a month or so for the ‘proper’ schedule when TV’s had their say.

Happy days. 😎

League games after Europe:

After CLMatch Day 1 – Crystal Palace (A), September 18
After CL MD 2 – Manchester City (H), October 2
After CL MD 3 – Manchester United (A), October 23
After CL MD 4 – West Ham United (A), November 6
After CL MD 5 – Southampton (H), November 27
After CL MD 6 – Aston Villa (H), December 11

So long as it’s not the Friday/ Monday night, and presuming there’s away fans 🤞🏻🤞🏻, Norwich is a BRILLIANT weekend to start the season. Made up with that. And Leeds and Brentford to follow. Three belter away trips to start with.

Leeds away excepted, that should be maximum points going into the early, key title crunch with City.

Superb boxing day game. Chelsea NY’s a pain but at least it's a normal train service.

Only two fixtures missed in January with the AFCON. (Unless they are called up early.). And good ones too. Bonus!

Good run in to #20!

The Derby on a Tuesday night is utter ***** like! 🤬

Just need to wait a month or so for the ‘proper’ schedule when TV’s had their say.

Happy days. 😎

Brighton away in March 🤔 That sounds familiar 😂

1623916289974.png

1623916325083.png

They are beyond ******* nuts!

I hope Rafa wears a red tie at the press conference and says how good it is to take up the challenge of a small club.