The Liverpool Thread

Not at the match tonight. 😕

After moving a few tickets around, I’ve let a mate take my seasie as he’s been asking for a while to take his 8-year-old. So with the group being boxed, I took the opportunity to miss one, save some money before Milan and a heavy December, and let the young lad experience the wonder of a European night on the Kop.

He's absolutely buzzing bless him. Can't beat 'firsts.'

Just nice am I? Haha.

Missing my first European home game since 1985 so I guess I’m due.

Finally!

I honestly thought this would have been one of the first things we did after we bagged the superb Nike deal.

PSG have been complete visionary's in this and have obliterated every other club's kit deal by getting their brand worn by all celebs in all walks of life. From having their own display at Paris fashion week. Through top DJ's and the like with absolutely no interest in PSG. But wearing their clobber and increasing the brand to millions more. That's what being connected to Jordan does. He completely supersedes sport.

Partnering up with LeBron, one of todays biggest sporting superstars on the planet, in a similar fashion can only add to maximising the Nike deal to the fullest.

Brilliant to read.

Perfect mix of the squad to surround Tyler for his first ever Anfield start/ European game. Yanno, being as we have this really poor squad and all that .....

If the Twitter imbeciles want a really weak side in a dead-rubber game, they neither understand the vital importance of coefficient points/ the sizeable extra financial gain from group points. Nor do they care much for the 53K in attendance or the competition.

Thankfully, the manager does and he's got it just about perfect there.

Straight into these Redmen! We've a 100% record to protect and a young man at his first ever game to keep happy with a W!

UTR! FTT!

Pretty much the perfect nights work from this imperious group of Reds. Solid, professional job to rack up 5 wins out of 5 in our competition without ever over-exerting ourselves any more than we needed to.

Tyler solid and tidy on his full Anfield debut on the biggest stage of all. Valuable minutes and equal rest across the squad as more players return.The added confidence boost of a clean sheet in Europe for Ibu and Neco. And a couple of great goals. Thiago’s being an absolute picture perfect belter.

That’s 16 straight games now we’ve scored 2 or more goals in a game. 1 defeat in the past 27 games. Through in Europe. Big home LC qtr to come. Superbly placed in the league. The only team that can do a quadruple …… And yet still folk find new and mad ways to nark about them. I just don’t get it? 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you aren’t relishing every last second of one of, if not Europe’s best side, EVERY game they play, then maybe football just isn’t the game for you?

For everyone else, what a gang of historic Reds aye?

And on a personal note, you’re very welcome Isaac. First game first goal memories don’t get much better than that.

Up the European Royalty Reds! FTT!

Last edited:
1638009933216.png

😢❤️🙏

When are these gutless little shithouses gonna' learn to leave the knives at home and stop devastating family's? NO more in our City!

Enough is ENOUGH!

Ali showing the difference between the very best and *cough* Ramsdale who once again throws himself for a shot he could've just caught. Seriously though Ali positioning and footwork for a keeper is one of the best I've ever seen.

Ali showing the difference between the very best and *cough* Ramsdale who once again throws himself for a shot he could've just caught. Seriously though Ali positioning and footwork for a keeper is one of the best I've ever seen.
He almost gifted 2 goals to Porto the other day with his lax passing.

He almost gifted 2 goals to Porto the other day with his lax passing.
eh, he is usually cool under pressure sometimes too cool. Ive seen enough from Ali to not have my heart in my mouth when the ball is at his feet.

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
8 wins down/ 22 to go.
28 points down/ 67 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 2 W 2 F 8 A 0 CS: 2.

I'll keep this brief as I'm goosed.

The Good.

These continued ridiculous, gang of Reds. After all the reactionary nincompoops all over the net/ SM, after they had the temerity to lose at West Ham (Their only defeat in the last 28 games) stomping their childish feet and pulling down one of the finest football sides this Country's ever seen, let alone from our own storied club, that's 3 straight wins with 10 scored and none conceded. The last two weekends producing absolutely picture-perfect, 4-0 PL wins/ performances.

Just as you think we can't get any better, Jürgen and his team tweak things and evolve the side even further in the summer with the added attacking output there for all to see. 17 straight games and counting scoring 2 or more a game. The best run in the English top-flight since 1927. The PL's top three current scorers are all r's. Midfielders scoring and assisting for fun. And now they've upped the intensity another level and started to get to grips with the changes, the defensive balance is back in full force to have us looking imperious at home and abroad again.

In short, Liverpool are F mustard! NO more needs adding to the positive.

The Bad.

I'm 49 years old. I've been going to the match since I was first taken at 7 tender years of age against Bradford City in the league cup over 41 years ago. Regular home and away since around 87. When I first got my seasie. I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows NOBODY should ever have to experience and still deal with following my home town club through my match going life. Hopefully, I have another 30/40 years at it ..... But please God, save for at Goodison this week, may I NEVER have to remember the tragically senseless taking of a 12-year-olds life before it's even begun like we did those 12 minutes in today. This has really got to me and many others the last 48 hours or so and ending that respect for young Ava with a rousing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' was as poignantly moving as it was uncomfortably chilling to experience it.

Enough is ENOUGH! Leave the knives at home. NO more devastated family's destroyed by this madness in our City!

And then we have COVID putting Milan in serious doubt this evening. Already lost a few off our trip who can't afford to SI. And with Switzerland changing their rules, and Italy having their first case, you can see the latter following suit. It's going to be a week of tough decisions having to be made and fingers and toes crossed those don't get taken out of our hands.

It's been a day.

Over to City to respond. (I'd add Chelsea as they're top but it would be a major embarrassment and shock if they fail to beat that mess tomorrow.).

Up the Red Blurs!

Last edited:
40 league assists man through not even 5 full seasons from this generation's Cafu/ Roberto Carlos.

PHENOMENAL!!!!!

And believe it or not boys and girls, there's still actual, grown adults out there who don't believe he's the best RB/ right-sided playmaker in World football. The England national football team manager among them. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited: