The Liverpool Thread

1704934767134.png

That was a real parky night with this outstanding gang of Reds. But you don’t feel the cold when this adrenaline fuelled ride of result after result in every competition is surging through your veins on this wondrous journey with them.

Yesterday’s admin-

Current total game unbeaten run:
P 7 W 5 D 2 F 16 A 5 CS: 3
4 Straight Wins.

Current unbeaten home total games run:
P 24 W 20 D 4 F 68 A 20 CS: 11
2 Straight Wins.

I’ve been saying it since the first day they returned for pre-season. That there was an uber professional, steely determination to silence all the ridiculous, OTT bunkum thrown at them last season that they were finished and prove the divvies wrong. The 2019-20 vibes were blinding from the get-go. And, honestly, not nearly enough is being made of just what a complete team, in EVERY sense of the word, this is. They may even have a better backbone than Klopp’s original ’Mentality Monsters.

At NO point, in any game, do you ever feel they will lose. Their game management, and the ridiculous, collective mentality that supports it, even when they aren’t on it like the first halves last night and at Arsenal on Sunday, is a thing of absolute beauty that is setting them apart from everyone else not called City once more. Yeah, you could be critical and say we could do with not starting slow in games. But that’s counterbalanced by being completely relaxed when they do start slow as they NEVER end that way. Want to bully us the first half like Arsenal? No problem! Want to take a shock lead at Anfield like Fulham from a breakaway? No problem! We’ll just dig in, fight for each other and work our backsides off. Safe in the knowledge that we’ll get that chance later and punish you. As our iconic rave leader sings, ’One chance is all it takes!’

Shout out to Jurgen again for his subs and tactical acumen. We were grim that first half, but when he changed the shape to 4-2-3-1/ 4-4-2, Fulham were absolutely lost. They never knew which 2 of 4 were upfront and playing in what position. Such was the fluid interchange from the outstanding Diaz, Gakpo, Jota and Darwin ….. Darwin. What a man! Let the divvies pull him down for his lack of goals. (Poor bloke can’t buy a goal right now. So unlucky again last night with at least three superb saves.). But when he’s on it like he was when he came on, he’s an absolutely unplayable number 9. Games are worse with no Darwin! LIFE is worse with no Darwin!!!!

Connor Bradley was my MOTM. Superb display yet again highlighting our strength in depth we allegedly don’t have. Not too shabby when your 3rd choice right full is a regular, full International starter aye? But let’s go spend and block his pathway. 🤦‍♂️

One foot in the final and sets up what should be a belter night at the Cottage in two weeks time as we stride toward 1 of (hopefully) 4 this year.

We’ve been here before with Jurgen and this side has all the hallmarks of his first great one. It just never, EVER, thinks it’s beaten and gives up. Waits patiently for its chance, and takes it to destroy your hopes and dreams that you had them beat. The hallmark of all our great sides over the decades who had many a game like the last two.

Don’t be fooled by absolute gobshites like Shearer people. Or the influx of new, jarg accounts across SM trying to pull this side down. Let them keep telling us how we should be losing. Let them keep writing us off. We are Liverpool and we’ve never been shy in this City of telling you how great we are and not giving a flying **** what anyone outside of here says.

This is our team. And they are the best by far in the land once more and have that determination we know so well, the City’s determination that Jurgen embodies, to graft and win it all!

This is ALL about L’pool.

And this L’pool is proper mustard!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
I dont want to jinx it but Klopp is working wonders with the squad this year considering the absentees and injuries. First half was controlled bar the first 10 min but you can see the front three was not comfortable playing together. 2nd half once the tempo was upped it was it. I know I rag Jota but no one can question his ice cold finishing. Macca was superb and is defo growing into the DM role, and Nunez well I guess he's just a ***** andy carroll according to the Bournemouth fan eh?

Dare I say that the Robbo injury has been a bit of a blessing in disguise. As for one Gomez has got his form back and is playing to a level we all knew he could, but also being able to switch to a back three off the ball with Ibou and Gomez who can both defend out wide and slot in as CB makes us more solid. Also helps with the counter when Trent is playing and is inverted. I love Robbo but he is not comfortable playing the role as well as Gomez as he isn't a CB and asking him to be one doesn't help at all as Robbo best traits are taken away from him.

I haven’t seen the news this AM but the headline is surely …..

Storm Darwin destroys Bournemouth again!

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
14 wins down/ 16 to go.
48 points down/ 45 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 14 W 9 D 5 F 31 A 11 CS: 7
3 Straight Wins/ 1 Straight CS

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 7 W 4 D 3 F 14 A 5 CS: 3
4 Straight Wins/ 2 Straight CS.

There’s only one thing that matters in todays missive as we bounce into this big cup week with the mighty Reds imperious march to #20 put to bed for now with City kept firmly in check.

*Sings
We’re gonna’ win the Football League again!’

But you’ve known this from day one of pre-season if you’ve been reading my musings and believing. No coincidence thats the second game running that was sung. In January. Jurgen believes. The players believe. The lads and lasses travelling the length of the Country in horrid conditions for the second time running at Bournemouth this season believe …..

But, folks, theres madly still actual grown adults out there doubting this gang of awesome Reds on the weekly who still don’t 100% believe. 👀I know, right? Spare a thought for them this AM and pray for their sanity. 🙏🏻

So we’ve known all along that the Reds would be back challenging City for the big prize. Them being THIS good, THIS quickly to the point they’re not only the best team in the Country, despite not only a completely rebuilt midfield and an ever growing list of major injuries, but that they are SERIOUS contenders for the quadruple, AGAIN ….. That one I didn’t see coming but here we are. Storming to not only a league title, but on the march with Jurgen’s army this week to a double destiny at Anfield South with whats fixing to be Kloppo’s best vintage yet.

Keep doubting us. We’ll keep doing our thing and taking the P out of you all.

*Sings
We’re gonna’ win the Football League AGAIN!’

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Get in the Pharoes! I don’t normally do International football but I really enjoyed that second half. Egypt come from behind to lead in injury time, then throw it away for a 2-2. But qualify as Ghana throw it away to also draw 2-2.

The dream remains alive for Mo. Brilliant to see him ecstatic and smiling after looking devoed coming off the other day.

Just needs to get himself fit now …..

Another cup final against Chelsea and I can't wait. Felt we were controlled from the get-go and it only got nervy towards the end when the midfield tired and Nunez came off allowing them to push their line up. Much better showing from Gravenberch but its night and day the difference between him and Harvey. Not impressed with him apart from the initial Europa group stage phases, he just lacks that urgency/positioning and is extremely raw for a player who came through at Ajax and Bayern and played 100-odd games. Needs a lot of coaching for sure but hopefully he'll get there.

Well that was another superb, if super tiring, night out with Jurgen’s mighty Red Army!

Yesterday’s admin-

Current total game unbeaten run:
P 9 W 6 D 3 F 21 A 6 CS: 3

Current unbeaten away total games run:
P 4 W 3 D 1 F 9 A 1 CS: 3

First final of the season, our 9th under him through 8 seasons, and the super important first final for this completely rebuilt Klopp vintage, done in style with a superb, utterly dominant, controlling display from every last one of them, boxed! ✅

Missed the first few minutes, despite being outside Craven Cottage with 25 minutes to KO, due to an absolute shambles of non-existent organisation. TFL, in there infinite wisdom, had decided to close Putney Bridge tube station, the closest, normal one the other side of the park, after the game. So that left a few options of around a half hour or so walk to others to get back for the last train. (Thats where the ‘super tiring’ comes in as you can’t get home from London after 10 midweek, but can on the line the other side of the Country. So drove to Leeds and went via there by train. F driving again after Bournemouth. Which ultimately didn’t get me back in the house until after 3. But I digress ….. ). So we chose Barons Court, and went there first to walk down to the ground so as to have an idea for the sprint back after. Which was all sound. Steady walk. Nice boozer the other aide of the ground. (Side-note- I say ‘nice’ ….. at 27 notes for a round of 4 that is debatable! But it wasn’t my round thankfully haha), and got to Craven Cottage at 7:35 PM ….. 25 minutes later, we’d finally walked the length of there Main Stand to get to our turnies! 😡 Absolute gridlock carnage. No organisation whatsoever with the bizzies stood around doing F all. Loads missed the KO. And we only got in when we did for hoping through someone’s back garden, out the front, and round a side street! They just aren’t used to hosting a major semi-final. The KO should be delayed in a situation like that but again, the Police were stood doing nothing to sort it. 😡

Now thats off my chest …..

Superb night once we were in, on and off the pitch. That temporary stand they have up that end was bouncing under your feet at the bouncing on top of it. Loved that the Maxi Rodriguez song got a loud airing. Brought back great memories of night games at Fulham. Bizarre incident after the goal with the flare nobody wanted to pick up off the pitch. And then when the fella’ finally came on to move it, he dispensed with his tongues and picked it up with his hands anyway! 🤦‍♂️🤣 Boss, celebratory vocal with pyro et al, all night.

Loving this side and never ever being worried about losing. Even when Fulham undeservedly equalised after we should have been way out of sight, extra-time never entered your mind as they always have the mentality to do what they need to do and see games out. Thought we were superb from back to front. Mac Allister was dominating the game with ridiculous ease. We robbed Brighton blind there. And a special shout-out to Bradley, Quansah and Bobby Clarke. Or should I say a special shout-out to Alex Inglethorpe, all the coaches at Kirkby, Vitor Matos, Jurgen, Pep et al. For the development of these lads, with repetition mirroring the first-team, day in, day out, has been honed over Jurgen’s 8 seasons to now make the step up from Academy level seamless. Conor and Jarrel were imperious again. But that Bobby Clarke is going to be a player yanno’. Absolutely fearless with a veteran pro’s head on his shoulders. Loved him taking the yellow for the boss professional foul at Arsenal. Loved him keeping it by the corner flag to help see the semi out last night.

This team is getting better and better by the passing game in its controlling dominance of teams. And thats leading to them being fresher by the game, along with Jurgen’s superb squad management this year, to leave yet another quadruple assault a very real prospect.

Roll on returning to Anfield South in 4 weeks for the first of, hopefully, 4 this season.

Roll on Sunday avvy for the next step to yet another final with Jurgen’s mighty red army!

*Sings ….. ’Wem-ber-lee, Wem-ber-lee, We’re the greatest team in Europe and we’re going to Wem-ber-lee!’

Up the quadruple hungry Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Another cup final against Chelsea and I can't wait. Felt we were controlled from the get-go and it only got nervy towards the end when the midfield tired and Nunez came off allowing them to push their line up. Much better showing from Gravenberch but its night and day the difference between him and Harvey. Not impressed with him apart from the initial Europa group stage phases, he just lacks that urgency/positioning and is extremely raw for a player who came through at Ajax and Bayern and played 100-odd games. Needs a lot of coaching for sure but hopefully he'll get there.

It really can’t be understated just how little competitive football he played in Munich and how it tales time to build that match fitness and rhythm/ sharpness back up.

He’ll be sound and flying once he’s got through this first season back with a proper pre-season next summer under his belt.