The Liverpool Thread

Ahhh ****. End of an era but I got no words absolutely devastating news however you spin this.

The only silver lining I can find with Klopp going this season is perhaps we can get in Alonso before he gets a move to Madrid

🚨🔴 Not only Jurgen Klopp but also assistsnt managers Pepijn Lijnders and Peter Krawietz and development coach Vitor Matos will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

Lijnders, keen to pursue his own career in management.

****** **** right clear out!

Liverpool FC
@lfc
·
#LFC can confirm Jorg Schmadtke’s tenure as sporting director will come to an end following the culmination of the January transfer window.

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell

Jurgen Klopp: “What I know definitely – I will never, ever manage a different club in England than Liverpool, 100 per cent. My love for this club, my respect for the people is too big. I couldn’t for a second think about it.”

@TheAthleticFC

Exclusive: Liverpool have no successor lined up to replace Jurgen Klopp ❌

✍️ @SamWallaceTel

#TelegraphFootball | #LFC

Exclusive: Liverpool have no successor lined up to replace Jurgen Klopp ❌

✍ @SamWallaceTel

#TelegraphFootball | #LFC

breaking-news (1)~2.jpg

Emotional day. I’ll write on Jurgen and his staff when the times right.

Most important thing right now is beating Norwich and taking another step toward all 4. We’ll say goodbye to Jurgen in good time, like only we can, and then think about who the next steward of this behemoth of a football club is to be to continue leading this thrilling ride that he and the owners have built the solid foundations on, at every level of the football club, to continue on competing successfully for everything regardless. We are the ultimate collective and never have been, nor ever will be, about one individual. On or off the park. Shankly followed by Paisley. Keegan followed by Kenny. Rushie followed by that wondrous ‘87/‘88 front line. Torres followed by Suarez et al. Life goes on. We are Liverpool and our tried and tested structure, doing it the L’pool way, will see us good as it always has.

But that time to eulogise on him isn’t just yet.

All that matters, right here, right now is the next game. Which is the most important game of the season and takes priority over ANYTHING else. Always has been the case here. Always will be.

Straight into these yokel meffs Redmen!

We’ve another FA Cup to win!

Last edited: