The Liverpool Thread

Just been sent this-

This is incredible. 😳😂
From Bluemoon City Forum...

Social media has lots of content about Klopp meeting Sean *** at Anfield yesterday. He was attacked by Roma fans in Liverpool before the Champions League tie against Roma in 2018 and was left severely injured having to go through lengthy rehab and learn to walk again.

The actions of the Roma fans that attacked him were undoubtedly influenced by the attack on City's team coach in the previous round which was facilitated by Liverpool FC and Merseyside Police.
No bus attack = no injury to Sean ***.

Liverpool's pet media are trumpeting Klopp and the clubs concern for fans but the truth is that they fail to take responsibility for controlling their supporters and actually encourage reckless behaviour. Ashamed of nothing.

The fact that an actual grown adult has sat down, wrote this, then pressed send, is staggering.

WTF is wrong with them?

They need SERIOUS help.

He’s got a future writing for the S*n that ****. Seriously ****** up shitbags them. This level of bitterness amd hatred toward us is Everton levels of weird *****.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
21 wins down/ 8 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
70 points down/ 23 to go.

Klopp Farewell Tour:
15 games down/ 13 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
P 15 W 12 D 1 L 2 F 45 A 18 CS: 3

1 trophy down/ 2 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 7 W 6 D 1 F 17 A 6 CS: 1
2 Straight Wins.

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 28 W 22 D 6 F 70 A 24 CS: 11
2 Straight Wins.

Job done.

The job isn’t about entertaining. The job isn’t even about playing well. And the job most assuredly isn’t about wracking up goals against perceived easy pray. The job, in a title run-in, is about one thing. WINNING!!!!! End of!

And for the 21st time this epic season, as much as any other side in the league, L’pool did exactly what was asked of them and brought home the win.

Funny game that that was almost too easy. 83.1% possession. 29 shots. Woodwork hit. Crowd in a totally relaxed mood. It was all too easy and straight forward. But football rarely works out that way, and Sheff Utd find an equaliser out of nothing to finally proper stir everyone. Klopp makes the perfect subs again. Everyone on and off the park goes up a level. Mac Allister, the best player on the park again gets his Gerrard moment with a proper thunder bstard of a web. Elliott is superb and a game changer as he so often has been. And Gakpo shuts up the divvies with yet another massive moment from him this season. His 18th goal contribution to this treble assault. And I absolutely loved that the game stopped to respect Ramadan and allow our Muslim friends to take on fluids/ supplement’s. I presume that was why Mo went off around 60. Sheer exhaustion through not eating all day. The PL gets a lot wrong. But they get this bang on right. 👏🏻👏🏻

Job done. ✅

Another one ticked off. The Big Nine now becomes the Big Eight. With the biggest of all jobs next to be done against them.

Is it Sunday already? Can. Not. WAIT!!!!!

But you know my favourite thing about last night? Which is one of my favourite, most proud moments each and every season and hammers home why Liverpool Football Club is the biggest and best Football Club in the Country?

For the 62nd straight season, since we came back up in 1962/63, we are now guaranteed to finish in the top 8 places in England.

62 seasons in a row we’ve never finished below 8th-

1- 14.
2- 13.
3- 8.
4- 7.
5- 7.
6- 4.
7- 4.
8- 4.

Phenomenal consistency and then some nobody comes close to matching.

When absolute nincompoops try telling you we’ll return to mid-table after Jurgen, laugh loud and heartedly in their face. This football club doesn’t know what ‘mid-table’ is.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Just been sent this-

This is incredible. 😳😂
From Bluemoon City Forum...

Social media has lots of content about Klopp meeting Sean *** at Anfield yesterday. He was attacked by Roma fans in Liverpool before the Champions League tie against Roma in 2018 and was left severely injured having to go through lengthy rehab and learn to walk again.

The actions of the Roma fans that attacked him were undoubtedly influenced by the attack on City's team coach in the previous round which was facilitated by Liverpool FC and Merseyside Police.
No bus attack = no injury to Sean ***.

Liverpool's pet media are trumpeting Klopp and the clubs concern for fans but the truth is that they fail to take responsibility for controlling their supporters and actually encourage reckless behaviour. Ashamed of nothing.

The fact that an actual grown adult has sat down, wrote this, then pressed send, is staggering.

WTF is wrong with them?

They need SERIOUS help.

He’s got a future writing for the S*n that ****. Seriously ****** up shitbags them. This level of bitterness amd hatred toward us is Everton levels of weird *****.

He could always pop over to our little village in Co Meath and we could discuss the life changing injuries to Sean in person.

Tell him I'll be civilised and prearrange the ambulance.

Very impressive from Arsenal earlier. Credit where credit is due.

Since January 1, apart from the three games against each other, L'pool, City and Arsenal have dropped 2 points between them when City played Chelsea. Arsenal 31/33. City 30/36. L'pool 28/33.

I don't think all 3 will, but when was the last time 3 teams went to the last week with a chance of winning it? I was thinking about that earlier? 1986? Us, Everton and West Ham?

Long time that.

Our record against the top 6 this season is abysmal. Could be the reason why we just about fall short. Still think 7 and a draw should do it but I mentioned earlier in the season that our attackers could cost us with how wasteful they are. Besides Jota or Mo whos feeling his way back in, I wouldn't trust any of them to finish a clear cut chance.

Our record against the top 6 this season is abysmal. Could be the reason why we just about fall short. Still think 7 and a draw should do it but I mentioned earlier in the season that our attackers could cost us with how wasteful they are. Besides Jota or Mo whos feeling his way back in, I wouldn't trust any of them to finish a clear cut chance.
It’s gotta be a concern going forward and under a new manager. Most the names you been linked with don’t play the style Klopp plays. So I can’t see you creating as many chances as you do now. Under Klopp it’s ridiculous how good you guys are going forward. And you get away without having such clinical front line just through the ammount of chances you create.

I love Nunez but have said since before you signed he’s not that guy that’s gonna score them most needed chances as a STR in the crunch moments. The rest of his game is top no doubt. I think you’re gonna need to invest a fair bit on a couple of top class finishers or definately a top class str. Not saying your attacking options are not good but you don’t have an out and out scorer outside Salah. And no ideas how longer he can keep us this level or stay at the club.

A good bevvy session after the game and a good nights sleep puts a different perspective on the only annoying/ frustrating part of what was a really good day out in Manny yesterday. The actual game of football.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
21 wins down/ 7 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
71 points down/ 21 to go.
(Adjusted from pre-season target of 93 points.).

Klopp Farewell Tour:
16 games down/ 12 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
P 15 W 12 D 2 L 2 F 47 A 20 CS: 3

1 trophy down/ 2 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 8 W 6 D 2 F 19 A 8 CS: 1

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 3 W 2 D 1 F 7 A 3 CS: 1

2 points dropped or a point gained? That is the question.

Yesterday avvy, I would have said the former. So frustrating to play Utd completely off the park again, for the third time this season, and then, through your own failings, let them off the hook and not win the game. We are SO much better than them it’s not even funny. But football never has and never will work like that. And if you don’t take your chances, you ultimately get what you deserve.

But then it’s Utd. And that game is like no other in World football. A game where, as far ahead of them/ better than them as we currently are, with the worst coached Utd side in my lifetime, you never can go to Old Trafford expecting a win. The same way Fergusons great Utd sides never expected to win at Anfield when we were S and they were going for titles. This has gone on for DECADES against them. The 1980’s, when we were the dominant side home and abroad, and Utd were bang average mediocrity, we played them 25 times. You know how many times we beat them? Four. And only ONCE in the league through 20 meetings. Us and them is a game like no other when anything can and often does happen.

So, as much as it was 2 dropped points in terms of how utterly dominant L’pool were, it was very much a point gained, from a position of our own making, in the bigger picture that keeps us level top and a point ahead of City with 7 to play. With more twists and turns to come. Arsenal still have their rivalry nemesis of Tottenham and Chelsea to play. We’ve got Utd done without too much damage. And Everton is the only other left that even compares on our run-in.

Let’s put it this way. We’ve had far worse days at the match than rescuing a point at Ild Trafford to stay joint top of the league with 7 to go. FAR worse days.

I sadly missed being a part of it pre-game yesterday as we were still in town, but MASSIVE kudos to SOS/ Spion Kop 1906 for the big ‘’NO TO TICKET PRICE INCREASES’ banner and start of that protest. Soz abar you if you still don’t get it and want to throw utter wham out there about inflation when tickets are already way too high to start with. Educate yourselves on the real issue here before insulting those of us that actually pay these obscene prices to begin with and travel all over making sacrifices nobody sane should ever have to supporting our team.

And soz abar Utd again for the tragedy chanting. Not as bad as the disgrace at the Cup tie. But very audible again and in large number from them. Like I said at the start of this missive, the game aside, we had a brilliant day out in the brilliant City that is Manchester again yesterday. Only for a large sway of Utd’s support to let the club and City down yet again by resorting to such low life depths. But when GMP and the club do the bare minimum and make token arrests/ bans, what hope have you ever got of ending this? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤬

‘The Big Eight’ now becomes ‘The Big Seven.’ With little to no margin for error now City are back within a game. But L’pool are still joint top with 21 points on the board. And our most difficult fixture left at Utd now put to bed.

I’ll happily take those odds

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
That was a cataclysmic off day jesus christ. Considering our away form and inability to keep a clean sheet. That's our chances of progressing and finishing Klopps last game in Dublin in the bin.

That was a cataclysmic off day jesus christ. Considering our away form and inability to keep a clean sheet. That's our chances of progressing and finishing Klopps last game in Dublin in the bin.
Prob because your cryptonite are 6th placed teams. :D

Last edited:
Bad day at the office. Very bad! Your inability to keep clean sheets this season is surprising after having a look. And going behind in first in about half your matches is surprising to. Add to that having a STR that’s not clinical as shown again last night. Winning the big prizes will always just come up short.

Bad day at the office. Very bad! Your inability to keep clean sheets this season is surprising after having a look. And going behind in first in about half your matches is surprising to. Add to that having a STR that’s not clinical as shown again last night. Winning the big prizes will always just come up short.
The way we set up there will always be spaces in the half space in behind and I'm okay with the trade off. We create numerous chances but I said in the beginning of the season that our Frontline isn't clinical enough and it might cost us. We'll see how the season goes. The lineup last night was completely off from Klopp and he got it wrong. Its a European quarters and you play a mismatched lineup and it will come to bite you.

I make no apologies that this match missive will be different from my norm and long. But I need to get this off my chest. Not related to anyone here. And I sincerely hope it will be very pertinent for everyone to understand the main issue of the past week that affects every last one of you reading.

There was absolutely nothing good to take out of that game last night bar what happened before KO. Which got the loudest cheer and applause of the entire night from everyone in the ground who fully understands why a stand HAS to be made against the rising cost of football and the very, VERY worrying direction of travel the game is once again going.

The unified support for both Spion Kop 1906 and the SOS’s decision to remove the flags pre-game from the Kop (Which L’pool themselves forced to happen by refusing to listen to supporters representatives, conveying supporters views, in the first, formal part of the process ….. If the club won’t listen and engage in discussion, then protest is your ONLY alternative!), was heartwarmingly brilliant to witness. Myself personally, like the vast majority in Anfield last night, couldn’t be prouder to stand in solidarity alongside Spion Kop 1906 and the SOS. Two outstanding fan organisations that give every last one of us a voice in a PL where our club, and the 19 others, don’t care about the very lifeblood of the game. Supporters. Without whom there is NO PL. NO game. And by association, NO LFC. And they do it in a very dignified manner that upholds and protects the core values of our support.

They didn’t turn around and say we’d boycott the game. They didn’t turn around and say we’d withdraw our support. (The lack of pretty much anything on the pitch last night was what lead to a subdued crowd. As has always been the case, one begets the other. And the lack of flags had absolutely NOTHING to do with that. A flag has never cheered for anyone. 🤦‍♂️ We turned up in great number, as always, to support our side.). What they said was simply this …. ’See them flags that you market the club on? That everyone on the TV loves to see with the colour they generate. That fans the World over identify with and are drawn to support LFC in the first place? Sound. Don’t engage with us. Take us all for granted and we’ll take that part of the experience you love to market the heck out of away. Whilst not impacting in any way, shape or form on the team or our support of them and their chances of advancing to Dublin and winning the PL.’

People who don’t go the game and aren’t affected by yet another hit in your wallet at the match have madly become fixated over the past week with the ‘2%, lowest in the league, increase on both season and general match day tickets’ line. Which is actually 4% over the last two years as this is the second successive increase. With the subsequent flippant, insulting nonsense about it being ‘under inflation/ everything else in life has increased/ you should be grateful as you are privileged to go the game’ et al. Conveniently ignoring the fact that you are starting form a position where football tickets are MASSIVELY over priced to begin with and out of proportion with most things in life. The increase in tickets over the duration of the PL is something like 1200/1300 %!!!!! WELL above inflation over the duration. We only have £30 away tickets (Which is still way too high), across the board in the PL down to similar protests from ourselves in standing up for football supporters everywhere. Tickets which were regularly pushing £50/ 60 a game and, worryingly, could well be again when that agreement is up next year. We’ve suffered that creeping back in first hand this season alone. At Bournemouth and Utd in the Cups with massive price hikes on tickets over the PL maximum. Clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham are doing away with child and senior reductions on their tickets from next season. More and more games getting flipped at the shortest of notice to mad KO in the new TV deal. Often after people have already booked travel. The list goes on and on and on …..

Just like when we walked out in 2016 against Sunderland, the direction of travel all PL clubs are once again taking is excessively worrying for the future of football support. They’ve already priced many traditional fans out of the game. And they are now circling back to attempting to attract those with the highest bank balances who don’t have anything like the dedication those of us that have given the majority of our lives to our club do.

This is even more concerning as regards our own club being from the City it represents. Not only is our home ground in one of the most deprived wards in the Country. But Liverpool is not a wealthy City by any means- the gross domestic household income here is £16k. Compared to £21k nationally (per head). You increase prices again and again and again and you drive a growing wedge in the City toward the football club that bares the City’s name we live for. Tell us again it’s only 2% and we should be grateful and privileged to accept it …..

Having no flags on The Kop before KO is a glimpse into the future if LFC continues down its path of pricing out long standing fans from going every week. The very same lads and lasses who make sacrifices many saying they’d love to go regularly just wouldn’t make. Who have dedicated a massive part of their life to supporting this football club. And who take that dedication on another level in both time spent, and money paid, to produce those flags and banners that are uniquely us. Continue pricing that traditional support out, and that tradition will dwindle to nothing.

Withdraw them once and make a stand, or lose them forever before too much longer. As the old adage goes, give them (football clubs) an inch, and they’ll take a mile! All from, in our instance, a club that doesn’t need the pittance extra it will make from this. That is already up on match day revenue next season with both an expanded capacity. And expanded CL meaning you have no choice but to buy the extra game. (Or 2 if you end up in the playoff round.). With CL prices returning to full price unlike the staggered Europa price this season. Just pure, out and out greed when they could, and should, be subsidising their own without feeling the pinch. Ticket revenue is minuscule to our income today and our third highest revenue stream. Which is dwarfed by TV revenue and the commercial side. A totally unneeded and unwarranted move from the club.

The efforts of those few to benefit the many in Anfield looks and feels suddenly to be much more valued than it was 24 hours ago. Hopefully, the club will now see it that way too and recognise the need for meaningful discussion with the experts here on support who are the most important component in it all. US!!!!!

You may or may not have read to this point. You may still not get it and may still not care as any price rise doesn’t affect you. But I would ask you to think on this in closing …..

Over the past few days I’ve honestly never felt more disconnected to the online support of my club. The absolute disingenuous, highly insulting garbage slung our way over us standing up and making a stand for ALL supporters has been abhorrent. To be polite. On Monday, I won’t be in work as my head will be wrecked as it always is on April 15. A day that irrevocably changed my life forever when there but for the Grace of Gd I nearly made the ultimate, tragic sacrifice following my club. A club I, like many others, have dedicated a large portion of my life to with sacrifices, financial and personal, no sane human being ever should. So when I read, either directed at myself or any of my fellow, match going supporters, some of the ill-informed abuse that has been slung our way on-line …..

All I can say is thank **** that the people I actually see each and every match day get it. And I only hope you’ll now understand why standing up to the latest price increase and refusing to be taken for granted is so, SO important for everyone and the generations of supporters to follow.

Showing contempt and disdain for the core local support of a team that you have chosen to support is beyond proper grim and just fuels the divisional narrative the greed of the clubs and the PL want.

Enjoy your Friday. We’ll get back on track Sunday against Palace!

UTR. FTT!!!!!

Bajetic playing in a 21’s game again. Gordon getting stronger and stronger. You love to see it. For all the magical memories ar first team level from what has been an outstanding season for the club at Academy level, well arguably the clubs best ever since the move to Kirkby, I maintain Bajetic is the jewell in the crown. Absolute dream of a footballer who now has the vey best of two contrasting styles in the 6 role to take from in Mac Allister and Endo. People forget in his long absence that he was head and shoulders our best first-team midfielder prior to the injury. Massive boost to have him back.

Massive kudos to Utd BTW for an impeccable tribute to the 97. Superb touch and greatly appreciated. 👏🏻👏🏻

Now if only they could educate the low life’s that follow them to show the same respect.

Been watching the 2nd half, no idea how Liverpool wasn't up by few goals. Game's not over yet, but even if Liverpool score, 2 points dropped.

Been watching the 2nd half, no idea how Liverpool wasn't up by few goals. Game's not over yet, but even if Liverpool score, 2 points dropped.
Poor finishing all season cost us. I said it before and I'll say it again. You cant win a title needing to outscore the opposition. We play with no control and the one thing I could always bag on us to do well in was the transition. Apart from Salah who is in poor form and Jota the rest of the forwards are incredibly wasteful. So disheartening because it's been a Herculean effort from the players getting this far in a season of rebuild. Just sucks that we've most likely tripped at the final hurdle.

How the **** do we not score at least 1 of 4 (or was it more?) chances from less than 5 yards out. These last 3 games have been completely abysmal

First Rangers, then Liverpool.
I'm having a great Sunday :ROFLMAO: