The Manchester United Thread

***** result and ***** performance till Pogba,Mata,Greenwood came on. Ole has got to take the blame for the selection. But ultimately 2 bits of absolute stupidity has cost us

I'm more worried by Ole's comments about there being no new signings in the January window, creative central midfielder of some sort is a must if only to be able to switch the style of play.

Watford had won 2 in 22 PL matches before today.................

Can't defend him anymore. We've not moved forward in a year. Wait for him to say fine margins again coz it was a De Gea **** up and a penalty. Same **** every week. Spurs will win today. Win today and against Everton and we are 4th but its always 2 steps back. There are 19 other teams in the division and about 13/14 of them will get a result off us every day of the week because we can't play against that setup.

Makes it even worse when the likes of Ancelotti has just gone to Everton ffs.

At the moment, we're a sh!te version of 2017 Liverpool. Issues vs. low blocks (albeit more than they ever had) & terrifying vs. bigger sides. I do think it's a long-term project and he needs time to prove it, but I also wouldn't be against getting in Poch, who I've wanted for around 3-4 years now.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate what it feels like for a midfielder to find attackers? Still beyond baffled how some of you thought we're a better team without Pogba lol

Oh, as soon as Pogba came on, we actually started to create a lot of openings. OGS should've made the sub at the start of the 2nd half rather than waiting for so long.

All and all, mistakes plus profiligacy cost us the match.

At the moment, we're a sh!te version of 2017 Liverpool. Issues vs. low blocks (albeit more than they ever had) & terrifying vs. bigger sides. I do think it's a long-term project and he needs time to prove it, but I also wouldn't be against getting in Poch, who I've wanted for around 3-4 years now.
My thoughts exactly. These results aren’t even a surprise anymore. Doesn’t make them right or me happy to except them. But we need to see where we go from here in regards to his team selection now everyone is fit and the players he brings in to turn these performances around against these teams.

Telegraph Football

@TeleFootball
.@mcgrathmike's transfer notebook: Manchester United close in on Birmingham teen.

Birmingham midfielder Jude Bellingham is Manchester United’s next teenage target after pushing forward with a deal for Erling Haaland.

Haaland is wanted by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in a high-profile move but Bellingham has also been followed closely by United this season, with assistant manager Mike Phelan watching him against West Brom last weekend.

He didn’t say that.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got misquoted to be honest I can't remember where I saw it. Hopefully they can get at least two signings of another striker and a creative midfielder those are the two real areas needing improvement the midfielder is most important as without Pogba there has been no real creativity. You can forgive defensive mistakes if there are goals going in but no goals/chances makes the mistakes look even worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got misquoted to be honest I can't remember where I saw it. Hopefully they can get at least two signings of another striker and a creative midfielder those are the two real areas needing improvement the midfielder is most important as without Pogba there has been no real creativity. You can forgive defensive mistakes if there are goals going in but no goals/chances makes the mistakes look even worse.

Hopeful of January signing?
Yeah, as a manager you always hope that you can do something but then again it’s not something that’s nailed on. But we are looking at some targets.

It has to be the right player. Right age, gonna fit into this squad and for the right value. We’re always looking and the transfer window is open but it might not happen.

We’re getting players back. We’re getting Paul, Diogo, Eric, Timothy back, that’s four extra bodies back for us in the coming months.

Diogo is playing tonight in the game for the youngsters, from then on he’s ready, Eric, Tim and Paul probably need a little more time.

This league has so many better managers than Ole, how are we ever going to compete even if he has the best plan in the world? Which I think even his plan isn't that great.

A half decent board bins Ole and gives Poch a chance to salvage top 4 this season. It's still achievable.

But we know Woodward will milk this as long as possible and try to save face.