The Manchester United Thread

Bit on Traore:
Traore became the youngest player, at 17 years and 109 days old, to score on his Serie A debut in Atalanta's 7-1 thrashing of Udinese last season and travelled with the squad to Lisbon for their Champions League quarter-final defeat to Paris Saint-Germain last month.

From the very small bits I’ve seen he’s a Left footed RW. Has bags of pace. Really highly rated in Italy.

Be surprised if we sign him as we have just signed Filip Stevanovic from partizan but loaned him back for the season. But I guess he plays more off the left. So could be something in this.

Almost sounds like something I'd expect from Mourinho. It's almost like he's saying "if you're not in my first XI, it's not my job to care for you or coach you".

Absolutely staggering how anyone from that ilk of man-management expects fully grown men to go out and give them everything on the pitch when they do need them.

Rafa was the same. Wouldn't talk to players all week. And then wondered why they wouldn't respond to him on a Saturday?

Madness.

Last edited:
Yeah couldn’t find anything. And a couple of people I see at the games sometimes had no idea either. Fingers crossed on tonight!

'Luck lid.

Not that the result matters at all at 18/23's level. (Sidenote- I love youth football but I find it absolutely mad personally how you put up lower age results that are all friendlies in here. Absolutely nottin to gain from 16's on down to any degree. But that's your bag so fair enough.). But regardless, it's still L'pool- Utd and at any level, it matters!

'Luck lid.

Not that the result matters at all at 18/23's level. (Sidenote- I love youth football but I find it absolutely mad personally how you put up lower age results that are all friendlies in here. Absolutely nottin to gain from 16's on down to any degree. But that's your bag so fair enough.). But regardless, it's still L'pool- Utd and at any level, it matters!
United team news

Mastny, Bejger, Fis, Bernard, Svidersky, McCann, Shoretire, Wellens, Helm, Mejbri.

Subs: Neville, Carney, Hugill, Ercolani, Stanley.

I've really missed this game the last few years at 23's level. (Not just because Utd are getting an absolute doing from a counter-pressing masterclass. That's just a bonus. ?.).

Both clubs need the intensity of this rivalry at every level. If there are four games you want every season, it's Everton and Utd.

As funny as it was seeing the massive embarrassment of Utd relegated, it's great to have this one back on the fixture list.

But as tonight ..... more of the same second half Redmen.

I've really missed this game the last few years at 23's level. (Not just because Utd are getting an absolute doing from a counter-pressing masterclass. That's just a bonus. ?.).

Both clubs need the intensity of this rivalry at every level. If there are four games you want every season, it's Everton and Utd.

As funny as it was seeing the massive embarrassment of Utd relegated, it's great to have this one back on the fixture list.

But as tonight ..... more of the same second half Redmen.
Cracking match. Knew we would struggle at this level this season after the massive churn. And how young our squad is despite a lot of talent.

We really did struggle that first half with the press. Gifted 2 sloppy gls. That second half wow like derbies of old. Goals, tackles, red cards. Really enjoyed that despite the result. Also happy we showed up second half and didn’t let our heads drop

Cracking match. Knew we would struggle at this level this season after the massive churn. And how young our squad is despite a lot of talent.

We really did struggle that first half with the press. Gifted 2 sloppy gls. That second half wow like derbies of old. Goals, tackles, red cards. Really enjoyed that despite the result. Also happy we showed up second half and didn’t let our heads drop

Two young squads with the bulk of last years 18's.

What was I saying about both clubs really needing the intensity of the rivalry? Feisty that wasn't it? Haha. Stated with Nicky **** looking like he was going to kill someone half-time. And he got Utd a little too fired up. When Leighton miss-timed what was a bad tattle deserving of a red (and lead tp L'pool losing control the middle as he'd been his usual excellent self the 6 role to that point), that man advantage the last 30 would have been interesting if the Utd lad hadn't then totally lost his head with the ridiculous push. Following on from the first skirmish with pushes flying around. But they'll learn that discipline. All a process.

8 goals. 2 reds. Loads of other great chances. Belter game.

Really enjoyable nights entertainment indeed.

Big test today for Ole, I don't want to see McTominay, James or Lindelof in that starting 11. If he has got anything about him he'll make the right choices, Bailly and Maguire, Van De Beek should definitely be in there. Pogba is clearly behind in terms of fitness and sharpness, bring him on in second half if need be.

I think Pogba will start, but if I see another lacklustre performance then there is no excuse.

Big test today for Ole, I don't want to see McTominay, James or Lindelof in that starting 11. If he has got anything about him he'll make the right choices, Bailly and Maguire, Van De Beek should definitely be in there. Pogba is clearly behind in terms of fitness and sharpness, bring him on in second half if need be.

I think Pogba will start, but if I see another lacklustre performance then there is no excuse.
Ole has already confirmed Bailly will start. On the transfer front MEN and the Telegraph reporting that Rojo and Smalling will continue to train alone as deals are being worked on for them to leave the club.

Same line up that we finished with the 14 game unbeaten run last season. FFS can’t believe Linderlof is starting. Why was Ole bogging up our record with Bailly and Maguire so much in his presser. Oh well good team otherwise.

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, TFM, McTominey, Fred, VDB, Lingard.

United u18s Vs Burnley Guadagno, Hughes, Bennett, Hardley, Fernandez Carreras, Savage, Hansen-Aaroen, Forson, Hoogewerf, Emeran, Hugill Subs: Mee, Pye, Gallagher-Allison, Dodgson, Iqbal

Same line up that we finished with the 14 game unbeaten run last season. FFS can’t believe Linderlof is starting. Why was Ole bogging up our record with Bailly and Maguire so much in his presser. Oh well good team otherwise.

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, TFM, McTominey, Fred, VDB, Lingard.
You know team is thin when we are thanking heaven that 18 yo is starting on the right, player with one leg as a midfielder and a left back in a body of 80 year old woman.