The Manchester United Thread

U18s/ 23s both won yesterday against Forest and Leeds. Diallo star player for the u23s with 2 gls and an assist

Dean Smith has been binned. Funny enough, AV have the same number of pl wins in the last 6 games as we do (1)

Their only win? At Old Trafford lol

Imagine sacking David Moyes football genius within less than a year and giving Norwegian vibes-man 3 years.

Imagine sacking David Moyes football genius within less than a year and giving Norwegian vibes-man 3 years.

I'm not saying it was the right move at the time but just maybe, the pressure got to him? I watched him practically age 20 years while he only managed us for 10 months.

It's the main reason I haven't gotten on the Graham Potter bandwagon a lot of United fans seem to be riding.

That's a fair point. Even Van Gaal looked like fragile old grandpa by the time it was over, and he is the most self-confident man in history of the planet.

That's a fair point. Even Van Gaal looked like fragile old grandpa by the time it was over, and he is the most self-confident man in history of the planet.

Van Gaal's wasn't due to pressure. I thought he handled the pressure pretty well. In fact, I looked forward to his press conferences more than our actual games which brings me to the point of his football: I'd say it was only under LVG that we ever had someone who had a resemblance of an identity which was possession-based football with a good counter pressing structure in place. The issue was everything went balls up as soon as we got to the final third hence those many, many 0-0 draws. We even went through that ridiculous run of five 0-0 draws b2b.

I loved his personality the most but his **** signings and sterile football stuck out for me.

From the BBC

Despite comprehensive defeats against #mufc's biggest rivals, there is still no indication from Old Trafford that a change is going to take place in terms of Solskjaer's position as a manager at the club #mujournal [@sistoney67]

#mufc do not want a short-term, quick-fix manager. They want someone who can build a squad and work with them, mixing, in the club's own words 'world-class recruits' with 'academy graduates'. #mujournal [@sistoney67]

Ever since Michael Owen made sense yesterday, I've tuned out of most social media. The only thing I'd like to see is a club statement from the MUFC app titled "Ole parts ways with United".

What is the situation with ED? Is he leaving like it was said or phase out a bit on behind and still pull the strings?

What is the situation with ED? Is he leaving like it was said or phase out a bit on behind and still pull the strings?
I wouldn't be surprised if he remains in place in all but name to be honest, the Glazers won't want to lose their noodle king...

Last edited: