The Manchester United Thread

No. He’s just not a natural No9. He’s done good there with good service. But he will likely end up a No2 for the LW or STR positions after a window or 2

Can see him leaving eventually, he sees himself as a 9 not a LW that's part of the problem.

No. He’s just not a natural No9. He’s done good there with good service. But he will likely end up a No2 for the LW or STR positions after a window or 2
Personally dont think he is good enough. Cant use the oh he is young schtick anymore as he is supposdly entering his prime years yet his game is still predictable. Watching the movement of his peers its shocking seeing Martial languid approach. He is a symptom of yous lots fall from grace, overhyped players hoping they will come good on high wages.

Literally just sat down so not looked back at this thread today yet but I'd be seriously looking over your shoulder at Southampton.

I've watched two games today. Southampton losing 4 at r's. And Utd's drab 0-0 with Wolves. Southampton are currently a FAR better side than Utd are. That wasn't a fair reflection on what they put into the game today and the problems they caused. And they've got some proper momentum rolling too.

Someone 'big' could well miss out on Europe altogether here and Utd are as at risk of that as anyone.

Glad sense was seen over the ill-advised timing of the walk-out.

Watch out for Southampton.

Can see him leaving eventually, he sees himself as a 9 not a LW that's part of the problem.
Nowhere near good enough to lead the line. You watch his opp number Jimenez sure he didnt have a good game but he ran himself into the ground and made many unselfish runs to try and create space.

Literally just sat down so not looked back at this thread today yet but I'd be seriously looking over your shoulder at Southampton.

I've watched two games today. Southampton losing 4 at r's. And Utd's drab 0-0 with Wolves. Southampton are currently a FAR better side than Utd are. That wasn't a fair reflection on what they put into the game today and the problems they caused. And they've got some proper momentum rolling too.

Someone 'big' could well miss out on Europe altogether here and Utd are as at risk of that as anyone.

Glad sense was seen over the ill-advised timing of the walk-out.

Watch out for Southampton.
Sheffield utd for me. Wilder is my MOTS other than klopp they are a well coached side who not only graft but can play some good stuff.

Sheffield utd for me. Wilder is my MOTS other than klopp they are a well coached side who not only graft but can play some good stuff.

Well, they'll be 2 Europa spots in at least. Maye 3? I forget.

I'd give a side playing as well as Southampton with goals in them as good a chance of 5 through 7 as an Arsenal, Tottenham or Utd.

I personally think what Martial needs is a good benching to get some fire under his belly. I remember under Mourinho where he'd consistently score/assist off the bench... maybe he needs the tough love kinda treatment to get him going.

I think he's talented but at 24, he needs to substantiate that talent on a regular basis. You can't tag him as a "player with promise" anymore. There needs to be more substance. Would be hilarious if ighalo came in the side and outplayed him upfront

Dont blame ya for forgetting to have a look at the table lol.

It does beg the question though, when you do, to play to zz's point, how Solksjaer is still hanging on to his job.

By the time these next play, in all likelihood, they'll be 41 points out of first. In February. With still a third of the season to go.

That's not just abysmal. That's historically abysmal!

I mean, I naturally hope he does, but how in the heck is he surviving such complete, abject failure? To be polite.

It does beg the question though, when you do, to play to zz's point, how Solksjaer is still hanging on to his job.

By the time these next play, in all likelihood, they'll 41 points out of first. In February. With still a third of the season to go.

That's not just abysmal. That' historically abysmal!

I mean, I naturally hope he does, but how in the heck is he surviving such abject failure? To be polite.

The board's expectations have fallen obviously. I think the neck that would break a ducks back is failure to finish top 4. Rn, we're withing reachable distance of 4th but I don't think we will get 4th lol.

The board's expectations have fallen obviously. I think the neck that would break a ducks back is failure to finish top 4. Rn, we're withing reachable distance of 4th but I don't think we will get 4th lol.
This. Until top 4 is no longer an option he will hang onto the job. It dont matter any way Ole is the symptom of the rot and the next manager will run into the same problems with Woodward and his gang around.

Neville gone off on one regarding the Ighalo signing. I can see his point of view, club knew since last March Lukaku was leaving and haven't still sorted that position out.

You know what that whole, embarrassing farce yesterday reminded me of? And you mentioned it I think with King when you said it smacked of something desperate L'pool had done through much of the PL era. Carlton Cole.

I think it was the season Rafa went into the year with just N'Gog backing up Torres. And when 'Nando went down early, the poor kid was hung out to dry. So come January, it was panic stations. And the last day of that window, although we weren't bouncing around from player to player to player like yesterday, was to leave us with such a talent as Carlton ****** Cole! Thankfully, it never went through. But it was a close-run thing the last day as we panicked with no planning behind it.

Like most of Utd's fall from grace, eerie similarities of how not to do it.

"How many teams really break down Wolves anyway?" ............... Didn't do your homework then Ole, Wolves hadn't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 9 PL games before yesterday. I'm starting to think he legit is the biggest problem here, some of the stuff he comes out with is unreal after a game.

Love Fred slowly turning into my fave Utd player and should **** player of the year easy this season and deservedly so. Can’t wait to see a midfield of Pogba-Fernandes with Fred at the base ?

I'd go with 4-2-3-1 tbh, especially against Chelsea, Martial LW, Bruno CAM, Dalot RW, Ighalo St. Matic and Fred behind them.

Fred has been great, our midfield is good now when most of them are available, no more excuses for lack of creativity I hope. As long as we actually replace Pogba in the summer and make two or three other signings then we might be ok next season. Problem with this board I just don't trust them to actually replace players. In their eyes Bruno might be the heir to Pogba, our midfield needs at least someone else coming in. Definitely need a winger and a striker.

Would prefer a 433

Fred
Fernandes-Pogba

Dalot-Ighalo-Martial

If Pogba does go which I’m not to sure he will for various reason. Then I would bring in Maddison.
Jimenez, Dembele for the STR. Then Sancho for RW. People saying he won’t come fine you have your reasons and valid ones I personally think he would. Those 3 would be a good summer for me.

If you wanted another CM you could look at someone like a Soumaré or Zakaria as cheap options. But apparently we already have a package in place for Bellingham in the Summer.

Love Fred slowly turning into my fave Utd player and should **** player of the year easy this season and deservedly so. Can’t wait to see a midfield of Pogba-Fernandes with Fred at the base ?

Fred offers work rate and excellent stamina off the ball with can be an asset if you're playing counter pressing football but he's still not good enough on the ball to be a starter for me. He'd make a good bench option but we need something better

Fred offers work rate and excellent stamina off the ball with can be an asset if you're playing counter pressing football but he's still not good enough on the ball to be a starter for me. He'd make a good bench option but we need something better
I actually think his ball playing is very underrated. Plus with the likes of Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him he wouldn’t need to have WC ball playing ability either. Just feed those that do.