The Manchester United Thread

He's still has those match winning saves in him like the one with his foot to Aguero's shot. Very De gea-esque maybe? He also has brain farts which can also cost spurs matches. De Gea had also had those a lot more lately...

I thought he was very lucky to not have given away a penalty after his challenge of Sterling but Sterling was already diving before be got to the ball.

Exactly. You just described most goalies. Most can make match winning saves. That’s the bare minimum. (Always amuses me when people say ‘he’s a good shot stopper.’ Well, yeah, that’s the ****** basics of his job!). Lloris will never be a top one as he doesn’t do all the other stuff well.

If we forget both de Gea and Ederson’s big loss of form/ confidence, and put them back in the very top bracket with Alisson; the drop off to the likes of Lloris is gigantic.

I’d personally have Adrian and even Utds back-up goalie in the next bracket down with all the mediocre ones like Lloris, Pickford et al bellow them.

Do you consider yourself in better position than Spurs?
Yes. Better GKs. Definitely better RB, LB debatable. Would say they have a better group of CBS. Think we have a better group of CMs. People will have there own arguments on the attack take Kane out i would say we have a better attack.

Yes. Better GKs. Definitely better RB, LB debatable. Would say they have a better group of CBS. Think we have a better group of CMs. People will have there own arguments on the attack take Kane out i would say we have a better attack.

No, just no. Son ming, Dele Alli, Lucas moura would walk into this side quite comfortably

Other than De Gea and Pogba, Tottenhams teams is at least equal to everything United have. And most of their players are better.

Hold up on Bergwijn. Other than his goal, he really didn't impress me.

He'd still walk into this team, we don't have any wingers right now apart from James. Which is why I think it's a joke that we didn't get one in January. In my view there was an argument for a winger more than a striker.

So tired of seeing United with makeshift wide players.

He'd still walk into this team, we don't have any wingers right now apart from James. Which is why I think it's a joke that we didn't get one in January. In my view there was an argument for a winger more than a striker.

We definitely needed a STR more than a wide player imo. James though inconsistent still gets in some good crosses in. And Martial is better creating off the left anyways. Wouldn’t of said no to a squad option winger but can see why we didn’t.

Hopefully in the Summer the likes of Mata, Lingard will be gone. If not they will definitely be well down the order as a winger for the RW will defo be coming in. Along with another STR and a CM.

Well this is with Rashford fully fit. He's not starting ahead of Rashford.

Well this is with Rashford fully fit. He's not starting ahead of Rashford.
No chance lol. Really should be if all fit Rashford and James rotating on the left. Ighalo and Martial rotating up top. The RW is the biggest problem and has been for 2 long.

Hopefully in the Summer we can get a RW and STR in both starters! If Ighalo does well and if rumours are true would be available for around 30m I would make him permanent also. Think Mata will go as a club ambassador. Riola will get Lingard out somewhere.

Then

STR- New signing, Martial, Ighalo

LW- Rashford, James

RW, New signing, Greenwood

Then if the likes of Chong, Gomes, Ramanzani stay they can fill in also in cup games.

If Ighalo does well and if rumours are true would be available for around 30m I would make him permanent also.
Firstly what defines does well in United shirt?
Secondly, 30mil for him...? I dont even know what to say if this price is thrown around already.