The Manchester United Thread

Firstly what defines does well in United shirt?
Secondly, 30mil for him...? I dont even know what to say if this price is thrown around already.
If he comes in and gets 10+ gls plus assists on top of that and plays a part in us doing well in the cups and scrape top 4 don’t think that price is mad tbh. Especially when King was gonna cost about the same if not more.

Hold on.... signing Ighalo on loan was something I could just about get my head around. But your actually contemplating already buying him? He was a ****** last resort that in no way we should be considering him permanently.We need someone for the long-term. He's like 30 already.

Glazers would love you TOD. :LOL:

Hold on.... signing Ighalo on loan was something I could just about get my head around. But your actually contemplating already buying him? He was a ****** last resort that in no way we should be considering him permanently.We need someone for the long-term. He's like 30 already.

Glazers would love you TOD. :LOL:
If you read my post properly I said we should sign a long term as well as. And the Glazers would hate me for wanting to do such a thing ;)

If he comes in and gets 10+ gls plus assists on top of that and plays a part in us doing well in the cups and scrape top 4 don’t think that price is mad tbh. Especially when King was gonna cost about the same if not more.

Nah, even if he does, that doesn't mean we should invest on a player on the decline.

I even thought loaning ighalo was a low moment for the club and you're open to buying him on a permanent basis? IDC how many goals he scores, he's a stop gap loan signing and should be treated as such.

I'd prefer we invest in a striker like Raul Jiménez. Watch his performance against us last week. Even tho he was feeding off scraps, his back to goal play was quality and made some very intelligent off the movement (which Maguire defended well against). That's the type of striker we should be buying.

I even thought loaning ighalo was a low moment for the club and you're open to buying him on a permanent basis? IDC how many goals he scores, he's a stop gap loan signing and should be treated as such.

I'd prefer we invest in a striker like Raul Jiménez. Watch his performance against us last week. Even tho he was feeding off scraps, his back to goal play was quality and made some very intelligent off the movement (which Maguire defended well against). That's the type of striker we should be buying.
Jimenez would defo be my first choice. What if he gets injured and then we are stuck with Martial again. You can have more than 2 STRs in the squad. And one that offers something different with experience and doesn’t mind being on the bench isn’t a bad thing.

Jimenez, Martial, Ighalo looks good to me. But like I said the later would obviously have to prove his worth first. Signing one STR isn’t enough for me imo. Especially as we are guaranteed an injury crisis every ingle season and especially with how many games we play.

Can’t wait for this. First time taking the missus to OT :)

Manchester United face Leeds United in the FA Youth Cup fifth round at Old Trafford on Wednesday night (19:00 GMT kick-off), with free tickets available for all supporters.

It promises to be another exciting tie for the young Reds, who reached this stage of the prestigious competition by beating Lincoln City at Leigh Sports Village and then Norwich City away at Carrow Road, with 2-0 scorelines on both occasions.

The game will be shown live on MUTV but fans who want to attend in person at Old Trafford and get behind our youth team can do so for free.

Jimenez, Martial, Ighalo looks good to me. But like I said the later would obviously have to prove his worth first. Signing one STR isn’t enough for me imo. Especially as we are guaranteed an injury crisis every ingle season and especially with how many games we play.
But 20-30 mil for backup 3rd striker is bonkers. Where do you leave then your so called wonder youngsters? If you do this you will be in the same bad circle.

But 20-30 mil for backup 3rd striker is bonkers. Where do you leave then your so called wonder youngsters? If you do this you will be in the same bad circle.
Apart from Greenwood who is at least a year from being ready to be heavily relied upon. A 1/2 year stop gap of an experienced STR wouldn’t be a bad thing. 20/30 in today’s market is peanuts tbh considering what other players you can get for that price.

Took a 214k pay hit great attitude!

Odion Ighalo: "He [agent] said you're going to get a BIG pay-cut to go to #mufc. I want to go to United. I don't know care how much is the pay-cut, I know that, make it happen." #mulive [mu]

You could see the eyes. Glassy AF in his MUTV :(

Plus his sister died last month. So his emotions are raw.

Odion Ighalo's boots will carry a heartfelt tribute to his sister when he plays for Manchester United

Seems such a genuine guy, I really hope he does well and can score a goal on his debut as tribute to his sister. It would be great.

His full interview. Seems like a great guy and a huge fan. Also seems to be a bit of a student of the games. And knows our attackers well in how they play etc.