The Manchester United Thread

I know the injuries haven't helped obviously but I'm not entirely sure what happened there? Maybe him never having a fixed position per se went against him?

People like to mock him now the way it turned out with his facial expressions being comedy gold etc. But he was a serious prospect and a real coup when Ferguson bagged him.
Yeah a number of things. Not really having a set position in his development years. And he’s so clumsy/reckless in challenges he’s just forever injured. It’s like he has to go into every challenge like his life depends on it. When he could/should have learnt to stay on his feet more.

Manchester United
@manutd
#MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v Leicester U23s ?

Mastny; Ercolani, Fish, Bernard, Svidersky; Garner (c), Galbraith; Stanley, Hannibal, Elanga; Helm.

Substitutes: Carney, Neville, Taylor, McCann, Shoretire.

#PL2

I’m genuinely shocked at how bad the officiating is at youth level. Literally two leg breaking challenges by Leicester players and one got a yellow and one didn’t even get a warning ??

jb8521
@jb_8521
Final score 2-0 Leicester. A very young United side beaten by probably the oldest & most physical side they're likely to play all season. United could have got more out of it if they'd taken chances at important times but Leicester deserved the win overall. Less said about the officiating the better.

Don’t remind me of that match. Think that’s the one where Nani got that ridiculous red card. Absolute shocking decision!

I still think about what could've been on that night. 2-1 up on aggregate vs Jose's Madrid and we played well up until that point. Guaranteed, in English football, Nani would've seen yellow instead (Many Keita made a similar challenge in the community shield vs arsenal).

I still think about what could've been on that night. 2-1 up on aggregate vs Jose's Madrid and we played well up until that point. Guaranteed, in English football, Nani would've seen yellow instead (Many Keita made a similar challenge in the community shield vs arsenal).
???

No Smalling to Roma then after they tried lowballing us again with a 9m euro bid going up to 12m euros. Rightly so we have told them to do one. Now they have already signed there next target.

No Smalling to Roma then after they tried lowballing us again with a 9m euro bid going up to 12m euros. Rightly so we have told them to do one. Now they have already signed there next target.
Good. I don't mind having Smalling as back-up for a year and then letting him leave on a free. Especially since we aren't signing a new CB. Or if we get a better offer, sell him. Better than accepting a crappy offer from Roma.

Good. I don't mind having Smalling as back-up for a year and then letting him leave on a free. Especially since we aren't signing a new CB. Or if we get a better offer, sell him. Better than accepting a crappy offer from Roma.
Yep agree. Apparently Newcastle and Everton are interested but let’s see. Maybe why we are going hard for Regulion. If Smalling stays there’s no need for a CB we will be well set there this season. Get Regulion in at LB then we are well set for FB. All we need then is a RW and we are good to go in all departments.

This window is becoming depressing, VdB good deal but an easy one to do. Not one of our priorities, still RW and at least one defender needed at least. We just can't seem to do a few deals in a short space of time.

If we go into this season thinking that Mason Greenwood is going to be able to carry the RW for this season then we are extremely naive football club. Which I guess is nothing new, but I really expected some ambition.

Sure we've got like 3 weeks left, but like I say we've known for ages now the price for Sancho... if we had any real desire to achieve then we'd have it done by now. Instead just prancing around making half-arsed attempt to sign players, 'Monitoring Situation' FC.

Another season could quite easily go down the drain if we don't sort this squad out, not even just talking about the incomings... outgoings are non-existent as well. Playing like Romero, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Smalling, Jones, Dalot, just going to be sitting around because we can't get rid of them. Not because Ole necessarily even wants them, it's quite clear to me he doesn't rate many of his squad players.

Last edited:
Real can f off with the buyback clause shenanigans. It's nothing more than an expensive loan at that point. It would make sense that Jose doesn't give a toss given he's knows he isn't going to stick around long enough for it to blow up in his face

Real can f off with the buyback clause shenanigans. It's nothing more than an expensive loan at that point. It would make sense that Jose doesn't give a toss given he's knows he isn't going to stick around long enough for it to blow up in his face
Why the heck are Spurs agreeing to a 35m euro buy back lol. Madrid must be ******* themselves.

This window is becoming depressing, VdB good deal but an easy one to do. Not one of our priorities, still RW and at least one defender needed at least. We just can't seem to do a few deals in a short space of time.

If we go into this season thinking that Mason Greenwood is going to be able to carry the RW for this season then we are extremely naive football club. Which I guess is nothing new, but I really expected some ambition.

Sure we've got like 3 weeks left, but like I say we've known for ages now the price for Sancho... if we had any real desire to achieve then we'd have it done by now. Instead just prancing around making half-arsed attempt to sign players, 'Monitoring Situation' FC.

Another season could quite easily go down the drain if we don't sort this squad out, not even just talking about the incomings... outgoings are non-existent as well. Playing like Romero, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Smalling, Jones, Dalot, just going to be sitting around because we can't get rid of them. Not because Ole necessarily even wants them, it's quite clear to me he doesn't rate many of his squad players.
Vdb was definitely a priority!