The Manchester United Thread

Maguire is awful, I've got to say not sure how he is even this bad. The midfield in front is really exposing him though.

That's him failing as a captain again in another aspect, why doesn't he grab his midfield and organise them and basically scream at them to help cover.

Will reserve judgements on Maguire as a player. Was good last year and definately improved our defence. This year he’s been tosh no doubt about!! Maybe the summer stuff has truly messed his head up. But then again every player looks Bob atm.

His awful perfomances post lockdown came before the Greece stuff, so not buying that excuse. He's slow, can't arganise, doesn't use his size as an asset as much as he should. Overrated as a supposed ball playing defender.

Did the midfield ask him to foul his own team mate?

It helps if you actually have some kind of system though is my point, we are tactically all over the place.

I've seen Maguire for Leicester and England he has never looked this bad, but he has been protected and not been exposed by the system around him.

Still not an £80m defender but a capable one.

Yeah good luck telling Pogba what to do though... he just does what he wants.

Gotta say when Jose said him finishing 2nd with United was one of his best achievements isn't looking like such a ridiculous statement now.

Gotta say when Jose said him finishing 2nd with United was one of his best achievements isn't looking like such a ridiculous statement now.
People who thought it was ridiculous are idiots. Especially with the squad we had. People just wanted to use it to bash Mou with.

We finished a distant 2nd while he spent a little over £300 million up to that point

People who thought it was ridiculous are idiots. Especially with the squad we had. People just wanted to use it to bash Mou with.

I'm starting to think Jose never lost his mojo and purposely sabotaged his run at united when he never got backed in window. And i don't blame him now or LVG, they worked for absolute cretin who are clueless about football.

We are a shockingly run club when it comes to football stuff.

Also, just saying, the same defence is facing Mbappe and Neymar in the first CL match. That could be a potential massacre on the cards if we resemble anything like yesterday.

Tbh I’m glad the board didn’t back Mourinho. God knows what our squad would of been like. Plus morale and atmosphere at the club/dressing room.

Also, just saying, the same defence is facing Mbappe and Neymar in the first CL match. That could be a potential massacre on the cards if we resemble anything like yesterday.
Two big game bottlers of the highest order imo. Neymar will spend more time on the floor than doing anything else.

Its just been rinse and repeat from the board for years. Club is a shambles and finishes out of the CL places, get a new manager, back them with funds, scrape a CL place, expect them to do it again with little investment, fail and sack the manager, hire new manager and back them, scrape CL place, fail to back them properly again......rinse repeat