The Manchester United Thread

Scott McTominay: "The whole club is behind him [Solskjaer]. We believe in every word he says, and it’s not just him. We trust every word from Mike Phelan, Kieran McKenna, Michael Carrick, the entire support staff. We must be strong together in this bad patch.” [TV2]

It’s horrible to see anyone going through that.It’s like someone having a very public breakdown and unravelling. When things get that bad it stops being funny and you start really feeling for the guy.

I normally swerve England like the plague but I watched the first-half last night curious on the Leeds lad who’s been raved about on here. (Side note- Southgate is England’s Solksjaer/ Lampard etc. They are going absolutely nowhere with someone as clueless as that. Completely stealing a living off a World Cup where they played no big Nation.). And it was painfully obvious Maguires head is anywhere but on his football right now. And when it’s like that, it’s just going to get worse and worse.

Leaving him out there, which is probably what both England and Utd will do, and he’ll doubtless insist he wants to do, is the totally wrong thing for the fella who’s suffering bad. The arl absolute B/S, stuck in the past English ‘Suck it up and deal!’ bulldog spirit garbage is just that. Absolute B/S!!!!!

You feel for anyone when it gets as bad as this mentally suffering on such a public stage.
They should hold the same energy for the foreign players too. Lambasting the like likes of David Luiz and Mustafi ( who came out and said it has an effect on him). Heck even Lingard who had issues in his personal life was being dragged by the media. Kepa who I believe broke up with his long term partner and who clearly has lost all confidence, has been made out to be a meme player. If the media are going to play the mental health angle for Maguire (who clearly needs some time away) then its unfair for others to not got the same benefit of the doubt.

They should hold the same energy for the foreign players too. Lambasting the like likes of David Luiz and Mustafi ( who came out and said it has an effect on him). Heck even Lingard who had issues in his personal life was being dragged by the media. Kepa who I believe broke up with his long term partner and who clearly has lost all confidence, has been made out to be a meme player. If the media are going to play the mental health angle for Maguire (who clearly needs some time away) then its unfair for others to not got the same benefit of the doubt.
never going to happen our media love to build you up just to rip you down again its bull S H I T

I see Scholes has said exactly what I said months ago about us needing a proper striker. I said we only had glorified wingers (Martial) and was laughed at again. Its fairly obvious when you look at the players and style of play. Our style of play is restricted to the type of player we have. We cant go down the wings and cross the ball because we dont have they physical player in the box. We dont have an instinctive out and out striker. If our coaching staff had a clue what they was doing we would have had Lukaku sorted and banging in the goals like he has done at every club hes played for. We need a proper striker asap. I don't think Cavani is the answer either but we seriosuly need a PROPER striker.

"I see Paul Merson has said exactly what I said" would probably have more weight. Wonderful footballer, but an absolutely thick, clueless pundit who jumps from one reactionary extreme to another, offering very little insight in his opinions; literally offers results-based "analysis" (I'm using 'analysis' VERY loosely) every single match. Keane's the same but at least hasn't got the personality of a carrot so it sorta works and provides decent telly.

The timespan between these different-ends-of-the-spectrum opinions is 206 minutes of no-pre-season football lol

1602809770902.png

1602809784435.png

See if the players back up their words on the pitch... they certainly talk a good game.

I think we will see a massive reaction tomorrow. There’s to many characters and people who love the club. And no matter peoples thoughts on Ole he’s shown in his time here that we bounce back pretty well after bad defeats.

I think we will see a massive reaction tomorrow. There’s to many characters and people who love the club. And no matter peoples thoughts on Ole he’s shown in his time here that we bounce back pretty well after bad defeats.

Get what you mean mate but we do also have slumps in form with Ole that seem to last quite a while after a purple patch. Let’s see...

Wasn't there a record under Ole where we hadn't gone more than a 2 match winning run in the League (atleast until the restart)?

Get what you mean mate but we do also have slumps in form with Ole that seem to last quite a while after a purple patch. Let’s see...
Honestly apart from this season in the league. I can’t remember the last slump. We went like 15/16 games unbeaten. In the cups was were we dropped off end of last. Mainly down to Ole prioritising the top 4, putting out a weakened side vs Chelsea in the Semi. And we lost to Sevilla for having a stinker in front of goal missing so many good chances at the start of the second half. Compounded by DDG being in ***** form with the defence.

Wasn't there a record under Ole where we hadn't gone more than a 2 match winning run in the League (atleast until the restart)?

Dunno' but we've not lost two league games in a row through all Klopp's 5 years at r's.

Poor Everton.

so what happens if the unthinkable happens

Dunno? Jesus was walking the Earth I believe the last time they won a Derby so nobody's quite sure what you'd do?

Batman's in town right now so maybe get him on the case?

Last edited:

jb8521

@jb_8521

U23s Vs Arsenal Mastny, Ercolani, Fish, Mengi, Fernandez, Galbraith, Puigmal, Mejbri, Shoretire, Elanga, Hugill Subs Woolston, Neville, Helm, McCann, Stanley

1-1 at halftime as I understand it. Puigmal scored ours

Finished 3-3 in the u23s games. Puigmal got 3 and 16 yr old new str got the other he looks like some player up top! Can’t wait to watch the highlights. Goals, red cards plenty of tackles flying in by the sounds of it.

Finished 3-3 in the u23s games. Puigmal got 3 and 16 yr old new str got the other he looks like some player up top! Can’t wait to watch the highlights. Goals, red cards plenty of tackles flying in by the sounds of it.
You may want to check your goals scorers maths 3 + 1 equals 4 ;) (For everyone else it was Puigmal with 2 and Hugill with the other one)