The Manchester United Thread

Yeah having watched it again there’s absolutely no defending him on yesterday’s account absolutely shocking in game manager performance!!
I get leaving your best players on for a moment of magic but you could clearly see Bruno and especially Rash who was running on fumes. You have to try and win that game in the 120 you have. Feel for Rash as he has had a good season to be fair considering he has been carrying an injury for like a year now. Rushed back all too quick, he needs a proper rest but Southgate will put him through the ringer and the kid will cop the flack again.

I get leaving your best players on for a moment of magic but you could clearly see Bruno and especially Rash who was running on fumes. You have to try and win that game in the 120 you have. Feel for Rash as he has had a good season to be fair considering he has been carrying an injury for like a year now. Rushed back all too quick, he needs a proper rest but Southgate will put him through the ringer and the kid will cop the flack again.
Yeah worry for Rashford because fair play to him he wants to play. But at the same time needs to look after himself. Worry for Maguire also. He’s not been training and clearly still injured. But will likely get picked when not fully recovered.

This isn't new lol. He's well known for his reluctance to make subs to keep his favorites on the pitch. Besides his Fred-Greenwood sub, it looks like he was saving his subs for the penalty shootout which I think is unacceptable.

Plus, if he was really planning on depending on pens, he had a 6th sub at extra time....perhaps, he should've taken a leaf from LVG's book and taking off DDG for dean henderson since DDG is next to useless when it comes to saving penalties. But hey, you need to be clever to do that so who am I kidding?

This isn't new lol. He's well known for his reluctance to make subs to keep his favorites on the pitch. Besides his Fred-Greenwood sub, it looks like he was saving his subs for the penalty shootout which I think is unacceptable.

Plus, if he was really planning on depending on pens, he had a 6th sub at extra time....perhaps, he should've taken a leaf from LVG's book and taking off DDG for dean henderson since DDG is next to useless when it comes to saving penalties. But hey, you need to be clever to do that so who am I kidding?
Just seen DDG has conceded 36 penalties since his last saved one in 2016 😟

On penalties just seen Henderson has saved 5 of his last 6.

Surely someone on our coaching staff must know these things.

On penalties just seen Henderson has saved 5 of his last 6.

Surely someone on our coaching staff must know these things.
I was thinking the same. Holland has that strategy. Krul is their GK for pens even though he's not starting.

But I wouldnt put blame od DDG that much, most of Villareal pens were top, top goals. Even their CD and GK hit the top net.

I was thinking the same. Holland has that strategy. Krul is their GK for pens even though he's not starting.

But I wouldnt put blame od DDG that much, most of Villareal pens were top, top goals. Even their CD and GK hit the top net.
Yeah no blame on him for the pens they were 21 top class pens tbh even Fred scored lol. Ole should of made the sub on the GK. The only thing DDG did wrong was that stupid pass out straight to there player in the lead up to the free kick. I honestly don’t know what he sort but it went nowhere near any of our players.

But then again we won it back only for Pogba to give it away seconds later forcing Cavani to give away the free kick. Just a comedy in errorsleading to Shaw and especially Linderlof having a howler on the freekick defending.

Hannibal Mejbri has chosen to represent Tunisia instead of France and will be called up to the first team squad in the next 2 weeks.

Wtf is Rashford going to get treatment on his 2 injuries after the Euros. He shouldn’t be picked simple! A shoulder operation and an foot injury should be treated in the off season. He’s gonna play the Euros make his injuries worse then not be ready or fully ready for the start of next season 🤦🏻‍♂️

My problem is that OGS is not tactically astute. Nor does he have anyone on his coaching team who can do this. Fergie had a bunch of assistants who were exceptional at this, and that made it successful.

Also, a 3 year contract is ridiculous at this stage, especially when after the match that just happened. And I'm not even reacting knee-jerk, but looking at the overall play since OGS has come on, that is what it is - he steadied the ship, and we will be in the discussion for Top-4. But that's what we will become - a top-4 chasing club, without ever being serious contenders/winners. Basically, a richer Arsenal, in the later years of Wenger. And that's a depressing thought.

One thing I am thankful for is that we don't need a complete refresh. But, our board will never go for a different appointment unless something drastic happens. And finishing in the Top-4 is good enough for them, so they'll stick to OGS and won't move on. So, I guess we are in that vicious cycle.

Also i have no problems with how Ole is doing things ala Fergie setup wise. But he needs to get 1/2 top class coaches to work with him. I don’t know what Carrick does but McTominey credits him for his improvement and development under Ole so he must be doing something right. McKenna I rate highly. But Phelan I think is time to move him on. Fergie said he was the best defensive coach he worked with but maybe times have just past him by.

My problem is that OGS is not tactically astute. Nor does he have anyone on his coaching team who can do this. Fergie had a bunch of assistants who were exceptional at this, and that made it successful.

Also, a 3 year contract is ridiculous at this stage, especially when after the match that just happened. And I'm not even reacting knee-jerk, but looking at the overall play since OGS has come on, that is what it is - he steadied the ship, and we will be in the discussion for Top-4. But that's what we will become - a top-4 chasing club, without ever being serious contenders/winners. Basically, a richer Arsenal, in the later years of Wenger. And that's a depressing thought.

One thing I am thankful for is that we don't need a complete refresh. But, our board will never go for a different appointment unless something drastic happens. And finishing in the Top-4 is good enough for them, so they'll stick to OGS and won't move on. So, I guess we are in that vicious cycle.
Lol you just posted basically what I was saying in my last post. On the first part of yours 😋

Also i have no problems with how Ole is doing things ala Fergie setup wise. But he needs to get 1/2 top class coaches to work with him. I don’t know what Carrick does but McTominey credits him for his improvement and development under Ole so he must be doing something right. McKenna I rate highly. But Phelan I think is time to move him on. Fergie said he was the best defensive coach he worked with but maybe times have just past him by.
If Mike Phelan is the defensive coach then move him tf on.