The Manchester United Thread

i would give the guy from brighton a go play some really good football and with the players we have he would do a far better job than that clown ole but has long as he gets top 4 hes still in a job what a joke

It isn't significantly better now either IMHO for the absurd money spent on it but we've had that discussion and it's subjective.

Any club hiring Conte needs to decide if they want to try win now, ala when you madly hire Mourinho who the game has LONG since passed by. Or whether you want to build something for hopefully sustained success.

If it's the former, he's your man. For me, United should be looking at the latter and I think he'd be the worst possible move Utd could possibly make if they made a change. The complete antipathies of what the PE Teacher is that would just muddle things further at a club with absolutely no identity to begin with at present.

The real sad thing is this all probably a moot discussion as top 4 is probably all Ole needs to continue on after this year. Regardless of what the fanbase thinks. That's all the Glazers are arsed about. CL money they can reap off. And the Ronaldo X-factor should guarantee him a top-4 finish.

Whereas when your squad was assembled for more money than anyone else's, with Ronaldo's wages now added to boot, nothing less than winning the League should be acceptable.

It's a horrible situation Utd is in that will never change until the Glazers are gone.
I agree. He doesn't suit the team and his tactics don't suit our players (unless he completely changes his style). I mentioned it during an earlier conversation last year too and I echo it again, not a fan of Conte at United.

But the depressing part is, yes, Top-4 means OGS could potentially retain his position, and that is worrying. The lack of progress visible on the pitch has been worrying and three years down the line, I still don't know if I could guess what our tactics are going to be (and accordingly, who the personnel we target are going to be).

It seems too random, the press is half hearted, no set attacking patterns, struggle to do much with higher possession, McFred pivot - way too many things that exist an issue with, tactically.

i would give the guy from brighton a go play some really good football and with the players we have he would do a far better job than that clown ole but has long as he gets top 4 hes still in a job what a joke

Well known I think on these here pages just what I think of Potter. Absolutely made up he's had the start this year he's had. If he had better quality at his disposal, he'd have Brighton pushing Europe. Really progressive, innovative young manager.

But sadly he's at an unfashionable club and the chances are a bigger club will rarely take a chance on him. Maybe an Arsenal at a push but I can't see Utd ever looking in that direction. But I'm with you if he was given time to build the club like he's done everywhere he's been, it'd be really interesting to see what he could do at one of the big boys.

Any club hiring Conte needs to decide if they want to try win now, ala when you madly hire Mourinho who the game has LONG since passed by. Or whether you want to build something for hopefully sustained success.

If it's the former, he's your man. For me, United should be looking at the latter and I think he'd be the worst possible move Utd could possibly make if they made a change........
Oh no, don't get me wrong mate, I'm not advocating for Conte at all. I don't believe he's be a good fit but united fans trying to argue they'd rather keep Ole at a job is funny considering he would offer us neither short or long term success.

Ideally, as I've often advocated, there's one man that could but he's kinda tied down in Paris for the foreseeable future.

Graham potter is another shout although his lack of big club experience would be an issue for me. Easier to manage Brighton with little to no expectations compared to united were the pressure could easily break him.

Oh no, don't get me wrong mate, I'm not advocating for Conte at all. I don't believe he's be a good fit but united fans trying to argue they'd rather keep Ole at a job is funny considering he would offer us neither short or long term success.

Ideally, as I've often advocated, there's one man that could but he's kinda tied down in Paris for the foreseeable future.

Graham potter is another shout although his lack of big club experience would be an issue for me. Easier to manage Brighton with little to no expectations compared to united were the pressure could easily break him.
and what big club did ole do such a good job at to get the utd gig cardiff even there fans said was the worst thay ever had

Got yer now. Sorry.

But you just keep out of Paris' business! 😡 As you well know from when he was out of work, he's the game changer I NEVER personally want to see at Utd.

Again, it's subjective. But it's mad to me how underappreciated he still is considering all he's done on next to no resources. (Pre-Paris obviously.). And he's just like Klopp where he's the person first, footballer second. A proper players manager who get's that love and respect back in spades from players that would do anything for him. Just a real quality guy and a really football intelligent coach/ teacher.

'IF' we were to look outside the club after Jürgen, he's front and centre of my list. I couldn't think of a more perfect fit to seamlessly carry things on.

and what big club did ole do such a good job at to get the utd gig cardiff even there fans said was the worst thay ever had
Lad, we all know the gaffe got the gig mostly because of his club legend status lol.

I just think back to Moyes as a sterling example that doing really well in a mid-table team doesn't necessarily translate to doing well at a top side.

Lad, we all know the gaffe got the gig mostly because of his club legend status lol.

I just think back to Moyes as a sterling example that doing really well in a mid-table team doesn't necessarily translate to doing well at a top side.
less of the lad please but you dont know till you try thats the only way you learn

Todays team v Newcastle:

Vitek, Jurado, Murray, Fredricson, Kambwala; Mainoo, Garnacho, Gore, Hugill, Hansen-Aaroen, Mather

Subs: Aljofree, Hanbury, Norkett, Ogunneye, Oyedele

Goals: Hugill (5,45, 67), Mather (46), Murray (89)

Substitutions: Oyedele for Jurado (20), Norkett and Ogunneye for Hansen and Garnacho (59)

Good performance from all reports.

Got yer now. Sorry.

But you just keep out of Paris' business! 😡 As you well know from when he was out of work, he's the game changer I NEVER personally want to see at Utd.

Again, it's subjective. But it's mad to me how underappreciated he still is considering all he's done on next to no resources. (Pre-Paris obviously.). And he's just like Klopp where he's the person first, footballer second. A proper players manager who get's that love and respect back in spades from players that would do anything for him. Just a real quality guy and a really football intelligent coach/ teacher.

'IF' we were to look outside the club after Jürgen, he's front and centre of my list. I couldn't think of a more perfect fit to seamlessly carry things on.
Potter is next up for me and is capable of building a project. I too hope he goes under the radar and when Klopp leaves in 2024 we pick him up.

If I was in charge at Man Utd. I would sell Fred so Ole could not pick him in the starting 11 anymore.

I really like Potter. A progressive English coach (never thought those words would come out, heh). It was kinda evident last season too, as their xG belied their position (they had the reverse xG problem, where it was much higher than their goals scored - either way, not sustainable, as shown this season). But then again, the pressure of managing at a Top-4 club is entirely different - you're expected to win every match and that's not even an exaggeration - some coaches struggle with it. I'm wary with it, but I would love to see him here, he's definitely interesting.

But more importantly, isn't Poch available at the end of the year? OR did he sign a new contract at PSG? (nvm, saw he signed a one year extension). Still, that's who we should be looking at, hopefully.

Worst defensive run at home since the early ‘70’s did I read yesterday or something?

Which is strange after Utd SM proclaimed the summer signing better than VVD.

*Thinks …..

Varane without Ramos holding his hand.

1633250284881.jpeg

😛

He’s still in charge then 🤦🏻‍♂️
On Varane he’s been superb bar 1 mistake literally a one man defence since since playing with Linderlof or the other clown Dalot. Easily one of the best CB in world football.

Worst defensive run at home since the early ‘70’s did I read yesterday or something?

Which is strange after Utd SM proclaimed the summer signing better than VVD.

*Thinks …..

Varane without Ramos holding his hand.

View attachment 564262

😛

I wouldn't blame Varane personally. The defensive organization along with our counter press is just terrible. Look at this example from yesterday

No defensive structure mate, just vibes

Screenshot_20211003-062241__01.jpg