The Manchester United Thread

You have no idea how bad United will be tomorrow. Midfield is going to be Matic, Pogba and Mata. Or Lingard. One can't run, one doesn't care to run, and the last one probably runs the same speed as he would be walking. And then there's Lingard, winger/attacking midfielder playing deep. Plus no Shaw which means Salah + TAA against Telles who can't defend, does not track back and gets dibbled by at least once per game. And Dalot on the other side isn't much better. United have no left winger, main striker is 37 and on top of all that, United have the most awkward defender in Maguire, who even when does stuff correctly, it somehow ***** up United.

I predict at least 6-0.

Last edited:
Fixed that for you mate. 😉

Yet I'm still concerned about tomorrow.🤷🏼‍♂️ The madness of football.
Yeah, you’re more optimistic about united than I am. Can’t see anyway for love or for money that we aren’t getting slapped by you lot tomorrow. Anything less than a 3-0 loss would shock me

Rangnick on how long it will take for #mufc to reach Liverpool’s level: “I don’t think that a club like Manchester United can afford to take three or four years in order to achieve that, and I don’t think it is necessary.”

Rangnick: “We spoke about Liverpool earlier on, how long it took for them [to rebuild]. After two or three transfer windows if you know what you’re looking for I mean if you don’t know what you’re looking for you’ll always looking for the needle in the haystack.”

Rangnick: “If you know what kind of football you want to play, what kind of profiles you have for each individual position it’s about finding them, but not only finding them but also convincing them to come.”

Rangnick: “As I said Liverpool at the time [of appointing Klopp] they finished eighth I think the year after they didn’t play international football at all, so the full focus of Jurgen [Klopp] was on the Premier League and the national cup competitions.”

Rangnick: “I think then it took, I don’t know, two transfer windows but even in the other transfer windows that came later on, they just made lots of very, very good transfers and signings, and this is what it’s all about.”

Rangnick: “It [a successful rebuild] is not that complicated, it’s not rocket science, but in order to have your best possible wind, you need to know where your destination haven is. If you don’t know that, it’s always difficult.”

Rangnick asked whether #mufc could go 30 years without a title like Liverpool: “I suppose that will not happen because it is pretty obvious what needs to change and there needs to be a rebuild for the future. I don’t think that this will happen.”

Jesus, you've managed to corrupt Wreck-It Ralph already to unprecidendented levels of delusion.

Good job all concerned. 👍🏻👏🏻

All the best this evening. Here's to a belter game, with no injuries. And no VAR bollocks ruining it.

Yeah it’s gonna be a great game with this as our starting 11

DDG
AWB-Linderlof-Maguire-Telles
Pogba
Bruno-Lingard
Mata-Rashford-Sancho

😕😩 Derby or not. Anything less than a battering I will be disappointed in Liverpool all things considered. Especially as Norwich and Everton created chances at will.

Rangnick announces Man Utd revolution: "It's not enough to bring in three or four new players. It will be more, bearing in mind how many players will no longer be here [out of contract]" And transferred. @SkySportNews #MUFC "Apart from goalkeeping, we need to improve the squad in ALL areas".

Rangnick: "I know that for the future, and I think even more so for a big club like #mufc, you can't put all the whole responsibility on the shoulder of one person - on the manager. I'm not sure if this can be dealt with by one person, no matter how good he is.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “I know Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea also have smart people who take care of recruitment, scouting, the medical department… I think this is also an issue for our club, where they have to pay attention to.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “I told the board members about what I have experienced so far, and what I think are the important things we have to pay attention to, and where we have to make sure that we maybe get better at.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “With Liverpool, it's clear why they are playing as aggressive as they do - it's since Jürgen arrived. If you compare the squad that he inherited six years ago and compare it with the present, I think there are maybe four or five players still there.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “The profile for each position [at Liverpool] has been clear and that's why they are where they are. And, here at #mufc, this hasn't been the case with every change of manager.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “New players came in, but it was not under that pre-condition of how do we want to play, and this is for sure something that needs to be changed in the future — now we have to play with the players that we have available and get the best out of them till the end of the season.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “Of course it's important to know who will be the new manager, because to start the recruitment process, to find the best possible players only makes sense if you know who will be the manager and how does he want to play.” #mulive [sky]

Rangnick: “There might be a couple of players - and I have already named those players to the board - that independent from formation, from style of football, and independent from a new manager, that could be of interest for a club like #mufc.” #mulive [sky]

Jesus, you've managed to corrupt Wreck-It Ralph already to unprecidendented levels of delusion.

Good job all concerned. 👍🏻👏🏻

All the best this evening. Here's to a belter game, with no injuries. And no VAR bollocks ruining it.
I don’t understand what he stated that screamed “unprecidendented levels of delusion”

Manchester United's French forward Noam Emeran (19) will extend his contract and go on loan next season with Nantes and Lyon interested. (FM)

Well that went exactly as expected! Should be embarrassed for the effort alone. Sancho showed more quality and running in that 45 mins than Rashford has for about 2 seasons. And Hannibal showed more fight than the lot of em have all season. Those 2 and Elanga are the only ones to come out with any credit after that.

Great assist from Mané for the second goal, but Maguire never shoud've let that ball pass