The Manchester United Thread

If you have to ask how half arsing it like an amateur non-league team is an issue, then you’ve fallen as far as your football club mate.

But hey, its not my carnage so if you’re happy, fair play to you.

Last edited:
News #Rangnick: What a development, it’s true what @KURIERat is reporting! Rangnick is close to become the new head coach of Austria! Nothing is signed yet. Last details have to be clarified now. Announcement of the big deal could follow tomorrow. #MUFC @SkySports

News #Rangnick II: Most important for #MUFC: His contract as a consultant at @ManUtd until 2024 remains valid. He does not terminate it. He will support Ten Hag. It’s a dual function. Rangnick will work for Manchester United AND
🇦🇹
! @SkySports

What a farce…

United is a big enough job as is and would require 100% focus from all parties involved. If he isn’t 100% committed, he can leave as well. We’re going to be paying him a full time salary to get part time attention. Bollocks mate

Ragnick: Hey, maybe you should...
Ten Hag: No.

And that's week's work done, plenty of time left to manage Austria.

Laurie Whitwell

@lauriewhitwell

Ralf Rangnick does not want to be drawn on Austria job but says: "We have spoken with the board about the contract length + content of my consultancy role, that is why I can confirm I will be here for the next two years to help this club forward and the new manager." #MUFC

He still has to go watch the NT teams players scattered all over the globe play to get an idea of whom to call up. International managerial jobs aren’t as laid back as you think
I’m sure he will manage just fine. He won’t be going all around the globe to watch them and there is a great many technological things to help these days👍🏼 plus assistants and such to help him.

What a farce…

United is a big enough job as is and would require 100% focus from all parties involved. If he isn’t 100% committed, he can leave as well. We’re going to be paying him a full time salary to get part time attention. Bollocks mate.

Remember when we had the ‘genius’ idea of joint managers and you rightly laughed your bollocks off at that farce ….. Yeah, amateur hour and not how big clubs conduct themselves.

Talking of …..

Turns out I was wrong to praise the lads protesting. Even the fans are broken at Utd with all this ****-

1651196054659.png

I have no particular feeling other than it’s going as planned probably. Ralfs in his mid 60s and has been actively coaching for about 40 of them. No doubt there‘s probably an element of winding down in old age. The consultancy gig is going to be exactly what it was going to be in fairness and what was always laid out from the start.

We will have John Murtough and Paul Mitchell running our football board next season. The former respects and follows Ralf and known each other for years and the latter has worked with Ralf at Leipzig. Both know how he works in regards to rebuilding clubs. By the sounds of it, those two would be doing the day to day stuff with Ralf as the expert advisor, because those two will know what to do anyway. Especially as Ralf has already been there 6 months and will have likely already provided a host of ways and advice to take the club forward.

Austrian job isn’t too far for Ralf to travel from his native Germany where he was going to be staying despite the consultancy. It isn’t a high pressure job and doesn’t really require a day to day role. Much like the consultancy role.

@lauriewhitwell
Ralf Rangnick praises Cristiano Ronaldo for goal but also defensive output. Still, says #MUFC will look at signing "a couple of new attackers" in the summer.

Adds: "It is important to find out what Cristiano wants to do, if he wants to stay."

Rangnick: "For me, the most important bit is recruitment now. This is the most vital point, that we bring in the best possible players & speak about that, who could that be... my personal opinion is that the club should try to find future top star players & develop them" #MUFC