The Manchester United Thread

Oh for sure mate he has to take some responsibility no doubt he’s the manager. Sets up the formation/tactics, makes subs etc. But i wouldn’t call it his team this season. We have far too many injuries in key positions. And he’s having to use and rely on players he was actively trying to sell/ force out the club. Yes as we agree he has to take some of the blame for his decisions and we should be doing better. But there’s a **** of a lot going against him on and off the pitch atm.
He could always bench the likes of Casemiro and Rashford and start Mejbri/Garnacho? Casemiro's been terrible this season and Rashford is a black hole going forward.

You can't absolve the coach of , yanno', the actual coaches job! The bigger question I'd be asking is just what he's (not) teaching the players on the training ground. As he's being found more and more wanting with poorly prepared/ aware sides by the passing game.

This is his team. His players. And the question you should be asking as much of them is of him. The man who, with his staff, (allegedly) prepares them through the week.
On one hand, I feel it would be a bit harsh considering the current injury situation (not to mention all the off-field issues he’s had to deal with)

On the other hand, there’s not a chance in **** we should be losing to Palace at home. Losing to a good side like Brighton is one thing I can chalk off as we had what was essentially our starting back 4 injured but with Palace? That just makes me want to start to question him (certain tactics, his terrible substitutions and more damning, his favoritism towards certain players)

He could always bench the likes of Casemiro and Rashford and start Mejbri/Garnacho? Casemiro's been terrible this season and Rashford is a black hole going forward.
Casemiro had a bad first couple of games but has been finding his form since and is arguably our best player atm and our top scorer. Rashford I 100% agree with

Casemiro had a bad first couple of games but has been finding his form since and is arguably our best player atm and our top scorer. Rashford I 100% agree with
He is the main part of dysfunctional midfield. He doesn't run nor tracks back. Fair **** to him for scoring some important goals, when no one else can.
Biggest issue ten Hag made is making Rashford a focal point of attack. He's not that good, nor he'll ever be. He's a good player but not the one United should be building their team around. Also moving focus to the other players, who are better ( and lets be honest, only Bruno really is, so United should yet again but a 100m player since Antony is a complementary player, not a player you put your fortune on) would bring the most out of Rashford.

He is the main part of dysfunctional midfield. He doesn't run nor tracks back. Fair **** to him for scoring some important goals, when no one else can.
Biggest issue ten Hag made is making Rashford a focal point of attack. He's not that good, nor he'll ever be. He's a good player but not the one United should be building their team around. Also moving focus to the other players, who are better ( and lets be honest, only Bruno really is, so United should yet again but a 100m player since Antony is a complementary player, not a player you put your fortune on) would bring the most out of Rashford.
Casemiro reminds me of that Gary Lewin bit on Ben Foster podcast who was the former Arsenal physio. He basically said that they sold a player to Barca (overmars) who they knew had probably one or two years left in the tank for a record fee and it seems like Madrid have done the same to yous lot. He makes Fabinho of last year look like a speedster.

Casemiro reminds me of that Gary Lewin bit on Ben Foster podcast who was the former Arsenal physio. He basically said that they sold a player to Barca (overmars) who they knew had probably one or two years left in the tank for a record fee and it seems like Madrid have done the same to yous lot. He makes Fabinho of last year look like a speedster.
We all knew casemiro was a short term option right from the off. I reckon he’ll be gone in the next year or so. He’s an easy sell to the Saudis as well (global reputation and all)

Had a similar start last year, then he picked it up. Maybe its too early to call him done yet, its more of a asking him to do stuff he rarely did in his career. Out of all midfielders, he has the most touches and passes, but the lowest % completed. Sometimes feel like ten Hag is using him as a box to box midfielder.

But you know what, it's so hard to pin point what is really the case (pun intended). We only know a small bit of whats going on in the club, who know what factors are playing in.

Like, you can see Mount picking up great positions in midfield, between the lines and in channels, but unless Bruno drops deep, no one has the passing range at the moment.

And then, there are injuries. They are problem for every club, but how often are your first 3 left backs injured paired with centrebacks who are third and fifth choice? And then you lose an important cog in Antony/Sancho for not even issues (sort of) related to football.

Well u 16s won 3-1.
U 18s and 21s won 5-1

And the women kicked off there campaign yesterday with a 1-2 win over a very good Aston Villa side away from home. Compete domination. Goals from Garcia and Williams.

Mick Matthews has joined the club and will work as Academy coach development manager. Mick’s role is focused entirely on developing the Academy’s coaching workforce across all areas of the programme, assessing current staff’s competencies and developing methods to support them to develop and ensure United maintains our standards of world-class coaching. Mick begins work on 1 November after leaving the FA, where has been a highly regarded member of their team since 1997. He has a UEFA Pro-Licence, an MSC in Coach Development and has tutored the UEFA A-Licence in the past. He also had a lengthy playing career, most notably with Wolves and Hull City. Everyone at the Academy looks forward to working with him.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/academy-weekly-26-september-to-2-october-2023

We all knew casemiro was a short term option right from the off. I reckon he’ll be gone in the next year or so. He’s an easy sell to the Saudis as well (global reputation and all)

Yeah, they will pay him a fortune to play out his last hurrah there.

Looks like Sancho will be gone in January (y)

So couple of years back I was trying to get back to football (haven't been playing it seriously in 10ish years, have ****** up knee) and I was training with some lower league club. One of the guys did something what coach didn't like and he apologized to the coach. The coach said, don't worry, if you were good enough you'd be playing for a top tier club.
That the feeling I have with this United team. If they were good enough, they wouldn't be playing for United.

It’s ironic how we were just talking about casemiro and then that happens.

Anyways, I’m afraid the time clock is ticking for Ten Hag but at this point, no manager will work under the glazers.

My glimmer of hope last year was based on the glazers selling and getting an actual competent structure but nooo, it was all a facade to placate fans since they figured shiny new transfers wouldn’t cut it this time. Ten Hag goes on the chopping block yet the glazers continue to collect dividends

**** the glazers man

Once again we play kind of well and score a goal then straight away we can't hold it together for more than 5 or 10 minutes and concede a goal. Happening far too many times now. Onana is having a nightmare. Ive heard fans blaming him for the first goal saying he was too far off his line but that was all on Dalot being too weak anout outmuscled 4 times by Zaha. The closer it got to goal the more Onana had to come out and clode the angle and was only beat by a bad boune. But the pass that led to the penalty and Casemiro red was shocking, Then the third goal he was 12 yards away and dropped a knee allowing the chip over him. Whats he playing at? Stand up tall and its never going in. Im not one to jump on a bandwagon and ive tried to give onana a fair crack, even in the Bayern game his good saves were overlooked because of the mistake, but we signed him for a reason, and he's not even been good at that so far. Its not all on him as the defense was shocking tonight and has been for most games.

One bonus was playing Rashford on the right to stop him cutting in and actually putting balls in the box. Good cross for Hojlung to score. But the one time he should have actually shot and scored he tried a pass and messed it up. But at least he tried it. If he would have shot and not scored he'd have been hammered anyway so couldnt win in that situation.

Going forward I think we need to:
start Rashford on the right if he must play. Far more effective for Hojlund if you stop him cutting in from the left and running into a brick wall every time.

Stop playing Mount and Bruno together. Either one or the other. Mount was excellent against Palace in the cup in that role without Bruno or Rashford on the pitch. He could play the ball out to the wide men that run. With Bruno they get in each others way and both want to do the same thing.

Once we have a full squad back it will be better but we need a left back fit asap so we can get Amrabat in midfield with Casemiro. Then Id play a front 4 of Garnacho, Bruno, Rashford and Hojlung. In rotation you could play Garnacho/Rashford, Mount, Pellistri/Antony, Hojlund/Martial.

Id actually try Antony on the left. He played a game in preseason there and its the best game ive seen him play. Same as Rashford. Keep him on the other side so he stays on his stronger foot instead of being predictable and cutting inside all the time.

Then the third goal he was 12 yards away and dropped a knee allowing the chip over him. Whats he playing at? Stand up tall and its never going in.
It seems like he tries to predict where the shot will go rather than react to it. He did something similar against Awonyini (or the lad at Forest).