The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

Season 1
Started with United this season because of the huge transfer budget this is my season so far (I'm using the ChristianEriksen Beautiful Play Tactic from here)
I6fk4mv.jpg

This is my 2nd Try, in the first one i got sacked in January. Mostly because i had a bad start with 5x 1:1,was close to getting sacked for month + injury plague etc

here are my transfers
i although got papadoplous (23m€) for next season and falcao terminated his loan in january (not to unhappy about that don't need 3 strikers anyway.
inkEJKU.jpg

Didn't like letting Rojo and Blind go but i recalled Stark and don't have many injurys right now. Would have been nicer to keep them til summer.

I'm debating should I sell Smalling or Evans? Got rid of Young and Valencia for pennies, Carrick and Fletcher are free agents. Already have replacement for both ( Gil Romero and Samper) and now that I'm trying to sell Rooney, I'll get Roberts as well. RVP can tutor him and Roberts can cover both AMC and LM wide playmaker role ( in which Di Maria is ******* class, won Player of the year). Januzaj is doing well, he just misses so many chances, it's frustrating. If he had something like 13 or 14 finishing, he would score 20 per seasons with ease.
Rafael is my best player. Every game he's tormenting the opposition. He's averaging something stupid like 6 tackles and 7 dibbles per game. That's mental.
Who disappointed me? Herrera and Blind. They didn't to much this season, well if we believe to FM ratings. However, if we look at the stats, both were #1 and #2 in % of successful passing.

Its annoying how the entire squad became unhappy because i wouldnt let De Gea talk to PSG. Then they all play like little twats.

Its annoying how the entire squad became unhappy because i wouldnt let De Gea talk to PSG. Then they all play like little twats.
It's annoying when whole squad is ******** when some 19 yo reserve player is moaning about his playing time. What, I need to bench Di Maria so Harrop can play? lolno.

Oh, and btw, this is how realistic FM is
2014-08-2400001.jpg

I hear your pain, he came to me the day AFTER the transfer window closed and their wasn't even a bid put in.

Not like I can drop 7 first team players because they are unhappy. Hopefully they will get over it soon.

Lost away to Chelsea but at least beat Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield :)

My 1st season with Utd took the title challenge option for my budget was 63m. Plenty imo after the business we had already done in the summer!

Sold -
Young 14m to Spurs
Anderson 3m to Everton

Bought -
Moura to replace Valencia end of 1st season
Schniederlin to replace Carrick end of 1st season
Eriksson from Spurs coz was not happy and was bargain.
Also signed Peruzzi and Willems for back up for FBs, and Dragovic for CB.
Then brought in some youngsters Adam Traore and Kaptoum from Barca, both 18 and are playing in 1st team as rotation, Traore has been a beast tbh! Also Jesus Valejo,Bilal Ould,Pavil Savitsky,Vaclav Cerny,Humam Tariq,Ante Coric and Federico Bonazzoli. All doing well out on loan.

Am using Beautiful Eriksson tactic am Halfway through season sitting top, only lost 1 and still in both cup comps. Should not need buy any more big signings now so can concentrate on youth and debt :)

i came 2nd in the first season mid season bad form caused this but im going to be even stronger in the 2nd season

Heres A Screen Of 2nd Seasons Transfers In & Out

View attachment 331403
Brought In Some Experienced Heads Now Full Steam Ahead For A Title Charge This Season.. Had An Awful Youth Intake Which Im Still Unhappy About Best Player I Had Through Was a 2.5 Star PA GK

Carrick And Pirlo In CM **** Magical Teams Would Be Absolutley Mesmeried By That IRL Lool

Last edited:
i played half a season with man united, i bought balanta (of course), masi and yobo (rotate masi and yobo, one is young, the other is old, of course, just as cover really) set them as BPD's. Bought courdado (how ever you spell his name) and put him on the right wing. I also managed to get romero and hughes

Sold all first team defenders (except for rojo), sold fletcher, fellani, valencia, young and ended Falcao's loan.

I bought in ronaldinho on a free (heck, a free why the **** not still one of the best playmakers around),

Half way through the season i am in 1st, only lost once, against chelsea wo are second 4 points behind.

My 1st season with Utd took the title challenge option for my budget was 63m. Plenty imo after the business we had already done in the summer!

Sold -
Young 14m to Spurs
Anderson 3m to Everton

Bought -
Moura to replace Valencia end of 1st season
Schniederlin to replace Carrick end of 1st season
Eriksson from Spurs coz was not happy and was bargain.
Also signed Peruzzi and Willems for back up for FBs, and Dragovic for CB.
Then brought in some youngsters Adam Traore and Kaptoum from Barca, both 18 and are playing in 1st team as rotation, Traore has been a beast tbh! Also Jesus Valejo,Bilal Ould,Pavil Savitsky,Vaclav Cerny,Humam Tariq,Ante Coric and Federico Bonazzoli. All doing well out on loan.

Am using Beautiful Eriksson tactic am Halfway through season sitting top, only lost 1 and still in both cup comps. Should not need buy any more big signings now so can concentrate on youth and debt :)

Who are you using in that formation mate? Because Im using it as well but i am not sure about where to put Di Maria, Janujzai, Falcao, RVP Roo etc.

My Squad & Tactics For 2nd Season Whats Your Opinions Gonna Be Bashing Through A Season Trying To Forget About Todays Match Lol
View attachment 700146
no falcao or di Maria. I'm gonna be united when game comes out on Friday. Thinking of selling Smalling,Evans,maybe rvp, mata. Gonna sign experienced cb and build good youth system with the plan of promoting players rather than signing players a few years down the line.

di maria is still there mate hes just on bench with mata being currently the best player in the world on the game :)

di maria is still there mate hes just on bench with mata being currently the best player in the world on the game :)
Is mata that good on the game? What happened to falcao? I've readthat a few people saying he's too expensive and that he is available for loan in second season.

Is mata that good on the game? What happened to falcao? I've readthat a few people saying he's too expensive and that he is available for loan in second season.
mata is simply unstoppable on the left wing retrain him there by end of season he becomes natural and falcao i didnt want to take up the loan as i thought 40 odd mill in an area ive got good prospects coming through was too much and when other areas of the team needed strengthening more same reason i let rooney leave as he wasnt even that brilliant in the hole but i didnt wantto sign a prospect as i want januzaj to nail that spot down and hamsik at 27 i thought was a good option as a rotation player

lord help me haha adnan januzaj ruled out for 5 months with a knee tendonitis :( i would happily have any player out injured but januzaj i built my whole team around him :( gonna have to have hamsik playing alot of games now with powell his back up till he's back

mata is simply unstoppable on the left wing retrain him there by end of season he becomes natural and falcao i didnt want to take up the loan as i thought 40 odd mill in an area ive got good prospects coming through was too much and when other areas of the team needed strengthening more same reason i let rooney leave as he wasnt even that brilliant in the hole but i didnt wantto sign a prospect as i want januzaj to nail that spot down and hamsik at 27 i thought was a good option as a rotation player
Role on Friday.

It's annoying when whole squad is ******** when some 19 yo reserve player is moaning about his playing time. What, I need to bench Di Maria so Harrop can play? lolno.

Oh, and btw, this is how realistic FM is
2014-08-2400001.jpg

I hear your pain, he came to me the day AFTER the transfer window closed and their wasn't even a bid put in.

Not like I can drop 7 first team players because they are unhappy. Hopefully they will get over it soon.

Lost away to Chelsea but at least beat Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield :)

Managed to talk the squad around, De Gea still crying about it and i'm 5 games from the end of the season. Luckily the squad dont seem to care about De Gea any more and ive walked the league ;D

You know who s awesome for young's position and reasonably priced: our old friend wellington nem. Can play in a number of positions, is pacey and will score decent number of goals.

My squad is now ******** about selling Henriquez and Powell, people who would never, ever be able to be considered even as a backup. Yet they are saying they were key members of the squad...

I play 4-3-1-2, somewhat similar to United's RL formation with Di Maria on LM as Wide playmaker. Falcao and RVP are strikers, Mata behind them, Rooney is injured... again... for 4 months and he's terrible now. Can't wait January to sell that lazy ***.