If you're a reader of this story, please leave a question regarding my next move, transfers, players etc... i'll answer and include them in my end of season summary.

CAF Champions League Group Stages

View attachment 648697 View attachment 354133

We now enter the Group Stages of the Champions League, the two top teams of each group progress into the Semi-Finals of the tournament which is a great incentive to do well.
Important we get points early on, especially with the three first games being away.
Really strange that we play two of the teams twice and the other team once, not sure why they do that.
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 354122

ES Tunis vs ASEC Mimosas (1/8/15) Champions League

View attachment 354120

Great way to start the group stages, especially with the match being away from home.
This result encouraged me that we can be very competitive in this competition.
Man Of The Match - Ekow Benson

Wydad Casablanca vs ASEC Mimosas (15/8/15) Champions League

View attachment 354119

Another very good win away from home, we were lucky that Wydad Casablanca had a lot of fatigued players as struggled to deal with our pace in attack.
Bit of blow though as Mark Sekyere picked up an injury.
Man Of The Match - Boughoui

ES Setif vs ASEC Mimosas (30/8/15) Champions League

View attachment 354118

Buzzing with the last minute goal, really put us in a strong position with 9 points from 9, this was a really tough match and I'm glad we're only playing them once.
Boughoui didn't perform to his usual standard, but luckily we have another quality striker in Okan and he did the job in the dying seconds.

ASEC Mimosas vs ES Tunis (13/8/15) Champions League

View attachment 354116

Absolutely horrible game, our discipline was terrible and really affected us as they scored all 3 goals from set-pieces.
How we didn't score more than goal with the amount of chances we created is beyond me, however the loss doesn't harm us too much after our great start in the first three matches.
Man Of The Match - Okan

ASEC Mimosas vs Wydad Casablanca (20/9/15) Champions League

View attachment 354115

Should of really won this match, the injuries at the back really affected us with two of our strongest back four missing.
Giving away a 3-1 lead was really annoying, but I can't be too critical as were missing key players at the back.
Man Of The Match - Bayo

A largely positive few games, the aim was to progress into the semi-finals and that's what we did.
We would of liked to top the group, but we got hit by a few injuries and ultimately I'm happy just to progress.
Here's how the Group Table looked...

View attachment 354114

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, please leave a question for me to answer in a 'manager interview', you can also PM me questions if you want me to answer then in the interview.

CAF Champions League Semi-Final and Coupe Houphouët-Boigny

View attachment 354098

Very important few fixtures, we have the opportunity to add another trophy to our haul by playing in the Coupe Houphouët-Boigny against our biggest rivals Africa Sports.
Also we can put ourselves into ASEC Mimosa's second ever Champions League final by winning over two legs against Al-Ittihad (LBY)
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 354097

ASEC Mimosas vs Africa Sports (26.9.15)
Coupe Houphouët-Boigny

View attachment 354096

Very happy with this win, this win just further cements our dominance in the Ivory Coast.
Africa Sports are considered our fervent rivals, even still they just couldn't compete us.
This win saw us lift the Coupe Houphouët-Boigny for the first time, as unfortunately we lost our first attempt to AFAD Djekanou on Penalties.

Al Ittihad (LBY) vs ASEC Mimosas (3.10.15) CAF Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

View attachment 354095

We couldn't have asked for any more from the team, we've put ourselves in a very strong position and we really should be progressing to the Final.
Our recovery after they scored the first goal was exemplary, it really displayed the massive amount of determination within the squad.

ASEC Mimosas vs Al Ittihad (LBY) (17.10.15) CAF Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg

View attachment 354094

The tie was essentially over after our impressive 4-1 win in the first leg, however it was good to see we didn't become complacent by also putting in a good performance at home.
Ekow Benson scored another two goals, which added to the hat-trick he got in the first leg, another display of his incredible importance to us as he's turned out to be an inspired signing.
Most importantly of all though is that WE ARE IN THE FINAL!!

CAF Champions League Final

View attachment 354093 View attachment 354092

Zamalek vs ASEC Mimosas (31.10.15) CAF Champions League Final 1st Leg
View attachment 354091

This isn't the worst case scenario, it was a very close game and could of gone either way.
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get an away goal, however this result leaves the Final hanging in the balance.
Man Of The Match - Ebiaku

ASEC Mimosas vs Zamalek (31.10.15) CAF Champions League Final 2nd Leg
View attachment 354089

WE'VE DONE IT!!!
We reacted perfectly to the loss in the 2nd leg, we took the game to them and looked on the front foot throughout.
We looked the strongest team through the majority of the game, Zamalek gave us a little scare late on with a goal but we held on comfortably by keeping the ball for the last few minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media and Board Reaction

View attachment 354072

So obviously after our huge win the media and board has quite a bit to say, here what's they had to say about our big accomplishement...

View attachment 354084 View attachment 354083 View attachment 354082 View attachment 354081 View attachment 354080

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, this was a very fun update to write :)
Please feel free to leave feedback and suggestions

Last edited:
My next update will be in regards to what I'll doing next in this save :)

Congratz on winning the Champions League mate, awesome!
Can't wait to see what you do next

Great read this mate, looking forward to the next update which hopefully isn't to far away!!

End Of Season Summary

View attachment 353832

Once again we bring big success to our club in the first full season, the only slight negative in an incredible season is that we didn't win the National Cup.
We completed dominated the league, only losing one game in 26 matches is a great achievement.
However the crowning glory of this season was winning the CAF Champions League, ASEC hadn't won the competition since 1998 and to bring it back in our first season is just awesome.
We were massive underdogs to win the tournament, there were many strong team's in the tournament including 7 time winners Al Alhy and Zamalek who've been in the three previous finals.
Here's the final league table...

View attachment 353831

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Future

View attachment 353830

We'll know be looking for another team to guide to glory, in the next update I'll give you a brief background on the club and a rundown on the squad, tactics and transfers etc...
I'll be holidaying into the next season and the be looking at the available jobs.

Here's how our biography looks like so far...

View attachment 353828

Last edited:
It's taking a while to holiday to my desired date, the update will be posted ASAP.

New Surroundings

View attachment 353770

We've found a new club, Wuhan currently sit in the Chinese League Two, they're a relatively new club as they were formed in 2005.
The aim is build the club up and eventually dominate Chinese Football, it's going to be tough though as financially the club aren't exactly the strongest and only offered me a wage budget of £4,000 pw

We'll be carrying over our tactic from ASEC Mimosas as it was very successful, I hope the players at Wuhan adapt to it well.

View attachment 353763

The squad is very thin and the lack of quality in midfield is very worrying, we'll have to do a lot of work in the transfer window to make sure we're competitive.

View attachment 353762

View attachment 353761

Pre-Season

View attachment 353703
(Our Stadium)

All the friendlies were arranged before I got into the club, not much to say about them except they brought in hardly any income which is slightly annoying

View attachment 353646

As I mentioned before the club was is a poor financial position, which meant we would have to rely on Free Transfers and move all our of transfer budget into the wages.
Our task was made even more difficult as we had a very small squad, the club seemed to sell/lose a lot of players before I joined the club...

View attachment 353667

I feel we worked very well in this pre-season to quick the squad back to up to scratch, we made sure we brought in a mixture of youth and expierence as they both benefit the team.

View attachment 353666

Here's some screenshots of the player's we've bought...

View attachment 353662 View attachment 353660 View attachment 353658 View attachment 353656 View attachment 353655 View attachment 353654 View attachment 353653 View attachment 353652 View attachment 353651 View attachment 353650

This is how our Starting XI will now lineup after the transfer window...

View attachment 353626

Cool, this sounds like an interesting club, going to be a good challenge for you!